Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2017, 02:36 AM

266 posts, read 245,695 times

Advertisements

We have been looking to move from CT for some time, and have finally settled on Hendersonville, TN.
Although, I didn't know about the water issue/sewer costs until I stumbled on another thread.
We loved your state for so many reasons, and although CT is wonderful in many ways, it's expensive, and not business friendly.

Can anyone comment on their water/sewer/electric bills? The good/bad/ugly. We do not have a septic system, it's about 2100 sq ft attached villa/condo.

Baring any unforeseen issue, we should close later this month.

My husband was lucky enough to get an interview while we were visiting last month, and finalized the offer this week, and he will start mid December.

Anyways, I would love any comments anyone might have about WHW, or anything else about Hendersonville!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2017, 07:28 AM

57 posts, read 67,182 times
There are several Hendersonville residents in this forum. I have White House Water and have had no issues. We are a family of four with a 15 and 8 year old, I would consider our water usage a bit on the high side and my bill runs $60-$70 a month. Do you guys have kids? What more would you like to know?

Old 11-03-2017, 03:10 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,473,389 times
I also had (before our move) White House water. I can't really speak for costs as the division of labor in my house puts bill paying with my spouse, but the comment above sounds about right as far as costs are concerned.

What part of Hville are you moving to?

I really like Hendersonville, but we found ourselves spending more and more time in Gallatin...so we ended up just moving there recently.

Old 11-03-2017, 03:47 PM

266 posts, read 245,695 times
Thank you both for your responses, I appreciate the feedback. It will be 2 adults with my mother moving in with us full time next year. Due to her age, she cannot live alone much longer. She is in Florida now, and thought now was the time to relocate before she moved in. I felt like TN was a nice middle ground for all of us, and after a lot of research, it seemed TN offered a lot of what we were looking for.

We are moving into the Millstone development (Goodall)

We spent a lot of time in Gallatin during our visit and loved that area as well. We wanted a particular layout due to my mother moving in with us, so that factored into our decision.

But both areas were great, and we are looking forward to the move.

I appreciate any comments or suggestions on anything relating to the area.

Old 11-04-2017, 06:04 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,547,871 times
We aren't in White House district but I will say when we moved here 10 years ago from the northeast our water bill was the only bill that went up. Electricity went down, car insurance went down, food costs went down etc. Water bills were much higher, especially during the summer when we irrigated our yard.

We were in HB&TS district. As background, all these small utility districts were set up in 1920/30s to bring utilities to the rural parts of America. The boundaries can't be changed and there is very little oversight on behalf of the rate payors.

We now have Nashville water and it is cheaper than HB&TS. I think my highest bill this summer was $85 and I was irrigating more than usual because we put down sod. My old house water bills in the $200s in the summer weren't uncommon.

Old 11-04-2017, 01:58 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,722,397 times
Amazingly high water bills! Mine is $14.80 every month. Normal usage. It rains so much here my grass doesn't need watered and grows way too much.

Old 11-06-2017, 07:41 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,473,389 times
I asked my wife what our highest water bill was when we were with White House. She recalled it being about $200 right when we moved in. The reasons: we were watering the newly laid sod every day to keep it alive during the summer, and (more likely) the builder was using our outdoor spigot in the construction of our next door neighbor's house. We complained to the builder and they gave us some money for stealing our water.

Average bill was between $75-120/month on the high side during the summer. But that's with me running water for the yard fairly regularly in dry months.

Last edited by DonCorleone; 11-06-2017 at 07:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: