Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 01:09 PM

107 posts, read 267,079 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!

Thank you for all of your responses to my last post about the areas to live in near Antioch. Everything has happened so fast in the last couple of weeks. My boyfriend got the job in Antioch! It was short notice but I was able to go down with him when he had his interview. I am so happy that I did! It seemed like all we did was drive. We looked at so many areas and so many apartments. We were there for a week but it seems like that wasn't enough time to look around. The weather was beautiful but rained alot. Everything is SO GREEN and BEAUTIFUL!! I am so excited for this new change and I am not going to miss the snow! I thought I was going to stay back here in Michigan for another month but it looks like I will be coming down by the end of this month. My boyfriend starts his new job next week. I was wondering if anyone had an opionin on these apartments that we are thinking of. We do not want to live in Antioch and we have done our research on it.

-Paddock Club
-Cason Estates
-Waterford Place at Innsbrook

We are going to live in Murfeesboro but don't want to be IN town. We also have a dog so there are select apartments that don't have weight restrictions.

Thank you for all of your input!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 04:07 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,959,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRRB2008 View Post
Hi everyone!

Thank you for all of your responses to my last post about the areas to live in near Antioch. Everything has happened so fast in the last couple of weeks. My boyfriend got the job in Antioch! It was short notice but I was able to go down with him when he had his interview. I am so happy that I did! It seemed like all we did was drive. We looked at so many areas and so many apartments. We were there for a week but it seems like that wasn't enough time to look around. The weather was beautiful but rained alot. Everything is SO GREEN and BEAUTIFUL!! I am so excited for this new change and I am not going to miss the snow! I thought I was going to stay back here in Michigan for another month but it looks like I will be coming down by the end of this month. My boyfriend starts his new job next week. I was wondering if anyone had an opionin on these apartments that we are thinking of. We do not want to live in Antioch and we have done our research on it.

-Paddock Club
-Cason Estates
-Waterford Place at Innsbrook

We are going to live in Murfeesboro but don't want to be IN town. We also have a dog so there are select apartments that don't have weight restrictions.

Thank you for all of your input!!!
Hi SRRB,

I live in Murfreesboro. All the apartments you listed above are good choices. I do remember reading some complaints about Cason Estates. I think those are older apts. Paddock club, was recommended on another thread by someone here.
Waterford is right near my house. Innsbrook is a nice neighborhood. I don't think you could go wrong by moving in there. We are very close to I-24 for your boyfriends drive to Antioch. I have a friend who lives in Antioch and drives here for work and it takes her about 30-35 minutes. Not too bad really.

Hope this helps some.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:46 PM

Hi Kim918-

Thank you for your advice!! We were really excited about Waterford Place. You have put us at ease! It's stressful enough to move but finding a good apartment makes it easier. We haven't seen them yet. We actually passed them when we were looking at other apartments. It seemed like it is a busy area. Is this true?

Thank you!!!!

Old 04-08-2008, 09:54 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,204,585 times
Too bad you're not here this week. It's been beautiful. Sunny with highs in the 70's and the trees and really starting to leaf out while the flowering trees are still in bloom. The past couple of days have been almost perfect. It is suppose to rain more later this week I think.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Hi Kim918-

Thank you for your advice!! We were really excited about Waterford Place. You have put us at ease! It's stressful enough to move but finding a good apartment makes it easier. We haven't seen them yet. We actually passed them when we were looking at other apartments. It seemed like it is a busy area. Is this true?

Thank you!!!!
I know moving is stressful. I did it twice in 6 months! Once to move to TN and again 4 months later when we bought a house.

I think the traffic thing is dependent on where you are coming from. For me it is less than South Florida. There are always cars on Church St. (231) but the traffic flows fine. My husband works peak hours and travels through town because he works local and has never had any complaints. I work off hours so to me there is nothing. I don't find travel here a problem at all. There is a stretch on Old Fort Parkway on the west side of town (where all the shopping is) that gets really busy on the weekend, but that's about it.

I can drive around the complex today after work and check it out for you.

Last edited by Kim918; 04-09-2008 at 03:35 AM..

Old 04-09-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim918 View Post
I know moving is stressful. I did it twice in 6 months! Once to move to TN and again 4 months later when we bought a house.

I think the traffic thing is dependent on where you are coming from. For me it is less than South Florida. There are always cars on Church St. (231) but the traffic flows fine. My husband works peak hours and travels through town because he works local and has never had any complaints. I work off hours so to me there is nothing. I don't find travel here a problem at all. There is a stretch on Old Fort Parkway on the west side of town (where all the shopping is) that gets really busy on the weekend, but that's about it.

I can drive around the complex today after work and check it out for you.
Kim918-

You are so nice!! You don't have to drive through them for me. We are going to go with Waterford Place. There just isn't alot of time left and they look nice. The office staff seems great and customer service is very important to me. Thank you for your advice! So, how do you like it in TN?

Thanks again?

Old 04-09-2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
Too bad you're not here this week. It's been beautiful. Sunny with highs in the 70's and the trees and really starting to leaf out while the flowering trees are still in bloom. The past couple of days have been almost perfect. It is suppose to rain more later this week I think.
I can't wait to get there and enjoy the nice weather! What's even better is having a winter with light or no snow!!! My dog sure is going to miss the snow though!

Old 04-09-2008, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Kim918-

You are so nice!! You don't have to drive through them for me. We are going to go with Waterford Place. There just isn't alot of time left and they look nice. The office staff seems great and customer service is very important to me. Thank you for your advice! So, how do you like it in TN?

Thanks again?
Well then welcome future neighbor! I love TN. I love this area too. I was living on the west end of the boro, but didn't really care for it. I like this side of town much better. It has more charm and a smaller feel. Less chain retail and restaurants, which is why I liked it and the weather right now is to die for. I am really happy with my move. I missed the change of seasons so much living in Florida. The people here are very friendly too. Everytime I am go shopping people will look at something in my cart and comment on it and start up a chat. It's pretty cool.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:57 AM

156 posts, read 451,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim918 View Post
Hi SRRB,

I live in Murfreesboro. All the apartments you listed above are good choices. I do remember reading some complaints about Cason Estates. I think those are older apts.
Cason Estates was just built around 2005, is that considered older? From what I hear it's a great complex, downside is being a bit more expensive. On the upside they seem to offer a lot from what I saw - pool, gym, free wireless in their management office, etc. I have only heard good things about them.

The Cason Estates I'm thinking of are on Cason Ln by New Salem - not sure if there is another one?

Old 04-10-2008, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher2Be View Post
Cason Estates was just built around 2005, is that considered older? From what I hear it's a great complex, downside is being a bit more expensive. On the upside they seem to offer a lot from what I saw - pool, gym, free wireless in their management office, etc. I have only heard good things about them.

The Cason Estates I'm thinking of are on Cason Ln by New Salem - not sure if there is another one?
No, there is only one. I read some bad ratings on them when I was searching for an apartment when I first got here. I wasn't sure if there were older then some of the complexes on the west side of town or not. My bad.

Cason Estates Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Murfreesboro apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: