Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 02:11 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,365,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antioch View Post
No part of Cane Ridge has a Brentwood zip code. Cane Ridge is 37013, and Antioch zip code. Cane Ridge is a nice area, but don't be so afaid of 37013. Most of the crime that happens in Antioch is secluded to a small part of the Antioch area, with the marority of crime the news reports happens in 37211, Harding Place, Antioch PK. Glencliff area, Haywood Ln. which is not Antioch at all. Everyone forgets that Antioch is much bigger than the area the media claims to cling to for negative attention. As far as the schools, the schools are not "Bad" as someone mention. I work in them, Antioch H.S. is one of the best high schools in Davidson county, trust me go a cross town, or even into the neighboring zones McGavock or Glencliff High Schools you will notice a big difference, been to all three, Antioch is far from the worse, just check the staticts. Cane Ridge High School will be opening up in the fall, only about a mile from Antioch High, which also will be a great school. So to answer your questions, you will be safe weather you are in Cane Ridge or Antioch, the entire 37013 and realize there is a difference in 37211 and 37013. Harding Place, 37211 is not Antioch.
I agree with that. I am in 37211 and I'm only a quarter of a mile from the Brentwood/Williamson County line.

Diane G
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 02:15 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,365,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeBee123 View Post
Nice to see Pimpy changing his tune somewhat as he was totally generalizing and undeservedly Antioch bashing in some other threads.

I will say that I do agree with the Antioch school teachers summation of it. And I will also agree with Pimpy about the Preakness and Hickory Hollow Mall surrounding appartments (up to Murfreesboro Rd) being a haven for criminals and just bad activity.

But come on, thats not just Antioch, thats common sense. Pick any mall and the surrounding apartments are the problems. Even in cool springs. The criminals just drive nicer cars and are smarter and therefore just dont often get caught.
I Have friends that live in Alara near the cool springs mall, and they don't have the problems people have that live in Antioch Apartments, so that is really a false statement.

Diane G

Old 04-29-2008, 04:02 PM

1 posts, read 7,050 times
Indian Creek and Cane Ridge are great areas to live in! Indian Creek Subdivision has Neighborhood sponsered activities like outdoor Movie Nights, a Fall Bonfire, and a Yearly Garage Sale. We all know each other's names more by our dog's names sometimes..... but everyone is very friendly, whether out walking in the neighborhood, doing yardwork,etc.

Also, we have several Police Officers who live in our area, and Farms around us to still make us feel like we are out in the country! You can go the "back roads" down Concord,etc. and be to Cool Springs in 15 minutes to shop or go to movies, so Hickory Hollow isn't even an issue!!

Plus, the new Concord Rd Krogers and Publix shopping centers offers quick eats, nail salons and even two walkin clinics and a Starbucks!

All we need is a Fast food option with a drive-thru and we'll be set!

Old 04-29-2008, 04:04 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,028,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
I Have friends that live in Alara near the cool springs mall, and they don't have the problems people have that live in Antioch Apartments, so that is really a false statement.

Diane G
Agreed. While petty crime rates might be slightly elevated in the immediate vicinity of other malls in Nashville, the areas around Cool Springs, Providence, and Indian Lake Village are not infested with gangs, drug activity, and illegals like the entire Hickory Hollow area is. There is a lot more to blame for Antioch's problems than the near presence of a mall.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:00 AM

815 posts, read 2,017,822 times
Ok, I live in Autumn Wood, which is now Misson Hickory Highland and have a friend, female, who has lived in both Preakness and Cambridge. Neither of us have had any problems at all, actually where i live it is quite every night. As far as the drugs, there are drugs every where, even in Brentwood, probally the suppliers. Gangs, I have not had seen or had any problems with them in Autum Wood, not saying there aren't any individual gang members living the, but they are everywhere, probally in Green Hills as well. And as far as the shootings, where the hell is that happenig? Not in Autum Wood. I don't get where these people are claiming there are so many shootings in and around Antioch. Come on people, people lie. People who are living in these areas are not seeing such crimes as it is always mentioned. They are just bold faced lies and I don't know why people continue to do such as thing. What we do know is true people have been getting robbed in the prestigeious West End Area of Nashville, Hillsboro Village and Green Hills and Cool Springs, lets not for get the rapes in Forrest Hills. Now come on people, one isolated incident that may have occured 5+ years ago should not define an entire area, and as far as the Hickory Hollow Mall shotting, where I work, and know the exactally what occured, the police shot a shopliffter over a shirt, a simple shirt. The police shot, not the person stealing. Yeah the person stealing was in the wrong, but the police who shot, over a shirt, gave Hickory Hollow Mall and the area a bad rep forever, over a shirt. Why couldn't he had been at Green Hills and shot someone over a shirt. Lets not for get the oprymills shooting, gang realted. Humm, is Donelson crime infested?

Old 05-12-2008, 08:08 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,028,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antioch View Post
Ok, I live in Autumn Wood, which is now Misson Hickory Highland and have a friend, female, who has lived in both Preakness and Cambridge. Neither of us have had any problems at all, actually where i live it is quite every night. As far as the drugs, there are drugs every where, even in Brentwood, probally the suppliers. Gangs, I have not had seen or had any problems with them in Autum Wood, not saying there aren't any individual gang members living the, but they are everywhere, probally in Green Hills as well. And as far as the shootings, where the hell is that happenig? Not in Autum Wood. I don't get where these people are claiming there are so many shootings in and around Antioch. Come on people, people lie. People who are living in these areas are not seeing such crimes as it is always mentioned. They are just bold faced lies and I don't know why people continue to do such as thing. What we do know is true people have been getting robbed in the prestigeious West End Area of Nashville, Hillsboro Village and Green Hills and Cool Springs, lets not for get the rapes in Forrest Hills. Now come on people, one isolated incident that may have occured 5+ years ago should not define an entire area, and as far as the Hickory Hollow Mall shotting, where I work, and know the exactally what occured, the police shot a shopliffter over a shirt, a simple shirt. The police shot, not the person stealing. Yeah the person stealing was in the wrong, but the police who shot, over a shirt, gave Hickory Hollow Mall and the area a bad rep forever, over a shirt. Why couldn't he had been at Green Hills and shot someone over a shirt. Lets not for get the oprymills shooting, gang realted. Humm, is Donelson crime infested?
Please keep in mind that when myself and others post on here with the intent to steer people away from Antioch (or Madison, East Nashville, etc.) it is usually a family with children, not a strapping single man, to whom we are directing our advice.

I dated a girl who lived in Autumn Wood my first summer in Nashville, and it is NOT somewhere I would EVER recommend that a family consider moving. I spent plenty of time there, and while I admittedly never felt that my personal safety was in danger, I got plenty of negative vibes from the place. Unsavory types skulking around the complex, illegals everywhere, gang graffiti on nearby road signs, etc. Just not a real "kid friendly" place, which is fine for me and others with no kids, but most of these people asking for advice are young families.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:07 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,626,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Please keep in mind that when myself and others post on here with the intent to steer people away from Antioch (or Madison, East Nashville, etc.) it is usually a family with children, not a strapping single man, to whom we are directing our advice.

I dated a girl who lived in Autumn Wood my first summer in Nashville, and it is NOT somewhere I would EVER recommend that a family consider moving. I spent plenty of time there, and while I admittedly never felt that my personal safety was in danger, I got plenty of negative vibes from the place. Unsavory types skulking around the complex, illegals everywhere, gang graffiti on nearby road signs, etc. Just not a real "kid friendly" place, which is fine for me and others with no kids, but most of these people asking for advice are young families.
I have a friend who lived at Autumn Wood with his wife and said the atmosphere was terrible in regards to drugs, crime, etc.... They got out of there ASAP. I agree 100% with Pimpy and would never direct a family with children to that area.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:06 PM

1 posts, read 6,956 times
Default Questions about Nolensville

I know I'm off the topic, but I could use some help & everyone seems to know a lot about the area...

I'm moving to Nolensville just in time for my son to start 3rd grade. The subdivision is Ballenger Farms (i think?) & we're within walking distance from the elementary school.

What I haven't found is after school care. There isn't a single daycare in Nolensville & at age 8 I'm not comfortable with him being home alone.

My guess is that someone in the area has at home care but I haven't found them yet. Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Old 05-15-2008, 08:03 AM

18 posts, read 63,545 times
Default Cane Ridge

Parts of Cane Ridge are ok and parts are not. I used to live very close to that area and decided to move. You can probably get a good deal on a house in that area. I would check the taxes for the area though. I found out that the property taxes were much higher for Davidson County than for other areas. If you are heading to work towards the airport, interstate 24 can be a mess during rush hour. Personally, we chose to move out of the Davidson County to save on taxes. And our commute is about the same.

Old 06-06-2008, 10:29 PM

3 posts, read 10,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beccanoe View Post
I would like to know if anyone has any thoughts on the Cane Ridge area. It is the south western area of Antioch that is now zoned as Cane Ridge but still has the same zip code as Antioch. My husband and I are looking for a house under $200,000 and we both work near the airport. My husband travels frequently so I am alone at night sometimes, so safety is important. Can anyone recommend or caution against any subdivisions in that area? I have driven through several subdivions in the area and have toured several houses. Does anyone have any first hand experience with actually living there or knows someone who has?
I have to disagree regarding Antioch being a "bad" place to live. We moved here from Southern California - squeezed on both sides by money. I love it here in Antioch. We bought a wonderful house. Twice as big as CA and 1/5 the price. I was "warned" about Antioch. "You don't want to live there" We did alot of research on the web including an interactive map from the police department. There has not been major crimes here in the last four years. No murders, no rapes. Unlike some other areas of the city. All you have to do is watch the news. You are just as likely to see major crime (murders, random shooting, etc) in East Nashville as you are in South Nashville. I would not live down on Murfreesboro PK near Plus Park and a couple of miles either way. I live within Hickory Hollow Mall. My son and husband work there. As some one said, Antioch is a big area and there are some very average houses for a very nice price. Do some reading, check with the police, look at the records, talk to people living in the area and then make up your mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville