Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 03:50 AM

7 posts, read 10,148 times

Advertisements

It really doesn't matter where you live in the world every town,village and city suffer from criminality at one time or another doesn't necessarily mean that it is a bad area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2011, 05:00 AM

1,977 posts, read 4,207,414 times
Nashville city limits, Davidson County or Nashville area that would include outlying suburbs like Brentwood and Antioch?

Old 03-12-2011, 08:02 AM

290 posts, read 1,054,041 times
Default Nashville Crime Map

Here is map showing the crimes committed in Nashville over the past few days. It is updated everyday with stats from Metro Police.

CrimeMapping.com - National Map

I receive an e-mail from this site each day listing the crimes within two miles of my home.

Hope this helps.

Old 03-20-2011, 02:11 AM

216 posts, read 346,687 times
Quote:
I've lived in East Nashville, North Nashville and West Nashville. West Nashville was much worse, IMO. I had all the windows in my car busted out and a gun held to my head while the guy was saying he was going to blow my brains out for 30 minutes in West Nashville (Woodmont Blvd).
That had to be the longest 30 minutes of your life. What the heck was the situation there man?

Old 03-20-2011, 02:15 AM

216 posts, read 346,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
Why does South Nashville not get the publicity of North or East Nashville...or even Antioch at this point?
Do I need to worry about South Nashville?

Old 03-20-2011, 04:57 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,333,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy2022 View Post
Do I need to worry about South Nashville?
Not any more than any of the other directional Nashvilles. I drove through there the other day as one of the schools was letting out....the projects at 12th and Edgehill seemed pretty tame.

Just making the point that there aren't really whole sections of town to avoid...mainly certain neighborhoods, the projects, certain shopping centers, streets, and whatnot. There aren't many places that I've felt unsafe in during the daytime. Of course, other people have different opinions. I guess it kind of depends on your perception. I went to middle school (Meigs) in the middle of what was deemed a bad area of East Nashville....saw a lot of interesting stuff go on there, but neither me, nor anyone I knew ever had any problems with the neighbors. I rode the city buses to and from school, and never thought twice about the people riding the bus "from the hood."

That's not to say that violent crime doesn't exist in these areas...it does. But avoiding whole sections of town is stupid. Just be aware of your surroundings.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:30 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,905,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonny67 View Post
It really doesn't matter where you live in the world every town,village and city suffer from criminality at one time or another doesn't necessarily mean that it is a bad area.
Yeah I remember they were robbing the mommies in parking lots in Brentwood and at the mall in Cool Springs. Half the stuff we don't even hear about..

Old 03-27-2011, 10:03 AM

6,662 posts, read 13,333,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12buttons View Post
Yeah I remember they were robbing the mommies in parking lots in Brentwood and at the mall in Cool Springs. Half the stuff we don't even hear about..
Probably because those are generally isolated incidents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville