Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2008, 07:11 AM

1 posts, read 2,865 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
my girlfriend and me are going to move to Nashville in a month.
I'm Italian and my girlfriend is Spanish (both english speakers, living in Ireland at the moment)

My girlfriend will work at West End Middle School, I will tele work so we're looking for an apartment close to West end Avenue where the school is located.

I think that the closest areas are Hillboro, Green Hill and BelleMeade.

Could you plese advise which are the best areas to live?

Our budged will be 1000/1400 USD more or less

for what I'm reading on the blog, seems that GreenHill and Bellemeade are nice areas...

We can't wait to move to Tennesse!
Thank you all in advance.
Alex
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 11:08 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,216,069 times
Most of the areas in that vacinity are relatively nice, from Hillsboro Village to West End to Green Hills to Belle Meade.

You would probably have more luck finding something in the Green Hills area that meets both your needs and your budget, but I don't have any specific apartments recommendations. Belle Meade itself is a very expensive area, but there are apartments that are on the fringe of the area that might be within your budget.

West End Middle is located near I-440 and the interesection of West End Avenue so there is good access from just about any direction.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:43 PM

933 posts, read 2,742,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagasnero View Post
Hi all,
my girlfriend and me are going to move to Nashville in a month.
I'm Italian and my girlfriend is Spanish (both english speakers, living in Ireland at the moment)

My girlfriend will work at West End Middle School, I will tele work so we're looking for an apartment close to West end Avenue where the school is located.

I think that the closest areas are Hillboro, Green Hill and BelleMeade.

Could you plese advise which are the best areas to live?

Our budged will be 1000/1400 USD more or less

for what I'm reading on the blog, seems that GreenHill and Bellemeade are nice areas...

We can't wait to move to Tennesse!
Thank you all in advance.
Alex
You may be able to find a house (probably smaller) to rent in the Sylvan Park neighborhood for closer to the $1400 mark. It's a great little area right off West End. I would check Craigslist. I think the zip is 37209?

Old 06-29-2008, 08:37 PM

25 posts, read 77,443 times
While all those places are great, don't overlook downtown radius areas like Germantown, The Gulch, Downtown and East Nashville. You'll find some great rentals as well as some great lifestyles.

Old 06-30-2008, 03:02 PM

3,964 posts, read 10,633,731 times
Yeah, I was thinking East Nash and downtown too. The District Lofts are set for completion in late July. They sold out their investor inventory (or so I read), which means there will be plenty of landlords there looking for tenants

Good luck!

Old 09-23-2008, 04:03 PM

4 posts, read 7,017 times
Default needing help...

so my fiance and i are moving to TN.
he will be going to belmont university in nashville, but we are not city people by any means...we both grew up in FL near beaches and do not prefer the city. Curious if anyone knows of any nice towns near nashville that wont be a hassell driving back and forth to everyday, we're looking for a house to rent...but everywhere we looked is very exspensive or doesnt have any listings. I've never been there so I have no clue where to look.
Thanks.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:13 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,216,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefcorbett View Post
so my fiance and i are moving to TN.
he will be going to belmont university in nashville, but we are not city people by any means...we both grew up in FL near beaches and do not prefer the city. Curious if anyone knows of any nice towns near nashville that wont be a hassell driving back and forth to everyday, we're looking for a house to rent...but everywhere we looked is very exspensive or doesnt have any listings. I've never been there so I have no clue where to look.
Thanks.
There are some nice areas around near Belmont (and they're not so "city-like"), but if you're determined to get further away from the city and still be within a reasonable commute, then you will probably want to look west in either southern Cheatham Country or east Dickson County. The commute into the Vandy/Belmont area isn't so bad coming from the west and the housing is cheaper than, say, Franklin. Around the Nashville/Davidson County line it starts to get rural.

You might also consider some place near Priest Lake. It's certainly not the ocean, but you still might enjoy living nearby. You will need to be just a little cautious in that area; as I understand it, there are some nice places near the lake to live, and some that are not so nice.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:52 PM

187 posts, read 623,537 times
my suggestion is Bellevue area around the Warner Park area. It is usually less expensive, larger homes, wonderful safe neighborhoods, near beautiful parks and an easy commute to Vandy and Nashville. Look in Craigslist for home rentals.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:12 PM

187 posts, read 623,537 times
Here is an apartment option not to far from West End Middle School. She will need a car to get around unfortunately. There may be a bus route also but I am unsure.

MORE FOR YOUR MONEY!! MOVE-IN TODAY! (http://nashville.craigslist.org/apa/852027581.html - broken link)

And here is the bus map and route which also may help you in finding something just in case you are not wanting to make a large car purchase off the bat.
http://www.nashvillemta.org/maps/route3.pdf

West End Middle is locate right at West End and I440 on the map.

One other suggestion I might make is to consider staying at the Extended Stay hotel on West End for the first week or so upon your arrival to then figure out the best location to meet your needs. It is just down the street from the school and here is the link

Extended Stay America Efficiency Studios - Nashville, Tennessee hotel directions for long term corporate travel

Good Luck and I know you will love Nashville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville