Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2008, 12:21 PM

99 posts, read 273,362 times

Advertisements

I am looking for info on Brentwood, TN. I have a test with the Police Department this month. I am 32 year old male and single parent of a 12 year old son. I am interested in any info on housing, school, sinlges activities, church, police department, etc...

Thanks!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2008, 03:24 PM

317 posts, read 1,231,334 times
As was mentioned on your other similar thread, Brentwood is a nice town. While I don't know the ins and outs of the police force there, it seems like it would be a desirable department to serve. It is just south of Nashville and a short drive to the city. Brentwood is the northern most city of Williamson County. It "seems" pretty peaceful to me. Williamson County school district is generally considered among the top ranked in the state. Many people call Williamson County, home, because of the school system.

Brentwood is probably the most elite of the other cities in the county though. Housing is among the most expensive in all of Middle Tennessee. While there are some under $400,000, there aren't a ton of options. The convenience of the city to Nashville, Franklin, etc. is nice. The land is full of beautiful rolling hills and trees are plentiful. Franklin is just south of there, if you choose to live somewhere different, but closeby. It offers a wider range of housing options from $150,000 to several million all still within the Williamson County school district.

As for churches, there will be something in Brentwood or the surrounding areas that fits your preferences. There are churches everywhere. It's just a matter of narrowing it down by denomination (if that is part of your criteria), the church's core beliefs, etc. You can find everything from traditional and formal style worship services to relaxed, contemporary and jeans attire.

For singles activities, within Brentwood, the only place I can think of is within a church or by being part of a club/group of a particular activity or interest you have. Otherwise, Nashville is just a short drive and offers a plethora of singles activities for just about any interest.

If you can share just a little more about yourself, we can probably give some more specific suggestions on housing, churches, activities, etc.

Old 08-04-2008, 03:53 PM

11 posts, read 40,889 times
I have been here for three months from S. Florida where I was an LEO for about 5 years. Both the Brentwood and Franklin PD's have very good reputations and the officers seem to be pretty happy. Unfortunately, the Metro department sometimes gets a bad rap from people. Without question, there is simply more happening in Nashville than in Brentwood and Franklin so Metro is busier and they deal with a larger volume and typically more severe calls/issues. If I were to get back into police work, Brentwood or Franklin would definitely be my choices - simply due to the nature of the communities that I would serve.

I moved up here ahead of my family and am currently staying in Brentwood. My children are younger. Without question, I will live in either Brentwood or Franklin due to the solid reputation of the school districts alone. The fact that Brentwood and Franklin both have very charming communities, amazing green spaces and parks, fantastic and plentiful YMCA locations, in addition to excellent churches (across pretty much all faiths) - is just icing on the cake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville