Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2008, 09:57 AM

21 posts, read 46,301 times

Advertisements

DH may have a job in Nashville soon(I pray!), and it would be close to Opry Mills off Two Rivers Pkwy. I need an area with good schools and affordable housing with a decent commute to that area. We have never been to Nashville(always hear lots of positive about it from folks here in Memphis ), so we aren't familiar. Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2008, 10:15 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,907,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEHR View Post
DH may have a job in Nashville soon(I pray!), and it would be close to Opry Mills off Two Rivers Pkwy. I need an area with good schools and affordable housing with a decent commute to that area. We have never been to Nashville(always hear lots of positive about it from folks here in Memphis ), so we aren't familiar. Thanks for the help.
Memphis and Nashville have a HUGE rivalry and well... Memphis sucks and that's not just my opinion

If you want good schools I would suggest living outside of Davidson County. Being that your DH ( what is that ? ) will be working near Opry Mills, It's a fairly short commute from Mt. Juliet and it's really a short commute from Hendersonville.

I live in Hendersonville and love it here. We have great schools ( Sumner County ) and it's just overall a great small coummunity. We have a local police force that keeps the crime at a minnimum.

We also have a huge new strip mall off of Indian Lakes Blvd. There are lots of parks and family things around town and it's only a short drive up Vietnam Vets, I-65, and Briley Parkway, probably a 20-30 minute drive.

I also lived in Mt. Juliet and it's really starting to develope into a cool place. The crime ( atleast when I lived there ) was minnimal and they were also building a huge strip mall. Again, they have alot of parks and outdoors activities as well. Mt. Juliet is only about a 20-30 minute drive up I-40 to Briley Parkway...

Hope I helped you out a little.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:34 AM

DH- Dear Husband....The D could change though depending on the day and circumstance. LOL

Yeah, yeah, yeah....I think we could take you guys in Nashville if we got rid of all the crime and corrupt govt. LOL Let's just say that I am REALLY praying hubby gets a job there. He will be laid off in a few weeks, so we are looking outside of Memphis regardless.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:
DH- Dear Husband....The D could change though depending on the day and circumstance. LOL

Yeah, yeah, yeah....I think we could take you guys in Nashville if we got rid of all the crime and corrupt govt. LOL Let's just say that I am REALLY praying hubby gets a job there. He will be laid off in a few weeks, so we are looking outside of Memphis regardless.
I don't want to get into the whole Nashville/Memphis debate. It's long and tiring and well.. Nashville > Memphis

Anywho, The job market here is kinda rough.. What is he into ? What's his skills ? Education ? Some jobs are great here and others, not so great.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNRyan23 View Post
I don't want to get into the whole Nashville/Memphis debate. It's long and tiring and well.. Nashville > Memphis
You know I am being sarcastic, right? I would not waste my time trying to defend Memphis. Trust me! No need to argue on it. Believe it or not, I did find some nice things about living here, but the bad greatly outweigh the good unfortunately. LOL

Anyway....he is in IT and if this comes to fruition, it is a job that is going to be created soon. The company is expanding their IT dept. He heard from someone on the inside know. I really hope it works out considering he will be out of job soon. I hope his being laid off will be a blessing in disguise.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:02 AM

Quote:
You know I am being sarcastic, right? I would not waste my time trying to defend Memphis. Trust me! No need to argue on it. Believe it or not, I did find some nice things about living here, but the bad greatly outweigh the good unfortunately. LOL

Anyway....he is in IT and if this comes to fruition, it is a job that is going to be created soon. The company is expanding their IT dept. He heard from someone on the inside know. I really hope it works out considering he will be out of job soon. I hope his being laid off will be a blessing in disguise.
You never know, there are people that will blindly defend their home.

I know nothing of IT, I hope he gets it and you all get out of Memphis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville