Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2009, 09:11 PM

100 posts, read 326,487 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to the Mount Juliet area soon and was wondering if anyone knew of a classic car club in the area? I have a 1968 GTO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 03:54 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,216,069 times
I'm sure there are car clubs around, I just don't know which ones there are offhand. There are also a couple of car museums in the area.

One thing you might be interested in is there used to be a group of old car buffs who would gather at one of the drive-in restaurants on the weekend. It was an informal thing where people just showed in whatever "classic" car they had and had a good time meeting and greeting. Seems like it was either in Lebanon or Franklin, but I can't remember where exactly. I remember seeing a thing on TV about the group once or twice.

By the way, my first car was a used 1967 Camaro, and my brother had a '69 Chevelle SS 396. Those were the days when men were men and cars were cars . . . and gas was 35-cents a gallon. ;-)

Old 07-31-2009, 07:33 AM

116 posts, read 440,244 times
I believe there is a group that has car shows at the Chick-Fil-A in Providence, on Saturdays. I don't know if it is an informal thing, or an organized club.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:28 AM

Here's a couple of places that might interest you:

Lane Motor Museum, Nashville

Classic Cars Southeast, Lebanon

You can Google to find their websites (also include the city in the search). I can't post the website links or the pesky moderators will remove them just to be mean to me.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:49 PM

100 posts, read 326,487 times
Thank you for your replies!!! I was afraid I would go through withdrawal!!

I am currently President and founder of The Long Island GTO Club, NY. I have been President for the past 5 1/2 years and will miss it I am sure.

I am so glad there are plenty of classic car people in the area! Can't wait to meet all of them!!

Old 08-01-2009, 04:03 AM

634 posts, read 1,420,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI2South View Post

I am currently President and founder of The Long Island GTO Club, NY. I have been President for the past 5 1/2 years and will miss it I am sure.

I am so glad there are plenty of classic car people in the area! Can't wait to meet all of them!!

My wifes boss has a 69 427 Vette.

My wife still has her 79 Camaro she bought after highschool ( it's never been driven anywhere farther than 30 miles from our home here and never in salt or driven in bad weather and has never seen an interstate hwy ). I think I've driven it myself maybe four times in the 20 years I've been with her lol, she's picky about it. I rebuilt it for her when we first got together and went on and put a mild 268 Comp cam and installed true duals while I was into it. Sounds great, lickity lick, sounds like it's ready to go and she loves the sound of it. Maybe thats why I don't drive it ... cause she's scared I might 'punch it' and blow it like I've done a few of mine in the past, even though hers is just a fake sound with a bark bigger than it's bite I've had and built more old cars than I can count but aways sold them soon after fixin 'em up. Hers is still here, and runs fine. Seeing our kids fuss over who'll get it really tickles me as she tells them neither will get the car because she wants to be burried in it

Our banker drives his old Ford ( looks like a flat bed horse drawn wagon built before they added a cab with window glass ) to work about five times a year, just slowly chuggin right along

Last edited by RS-1080; 08-01-2009 at 04:20 AM..

Old 08-01-2009, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI2South View Post

I just wish I could remember the "get together" location I mentioned in my earlier post. It would be perfect for a car buff who is a new arrival in the area; it would give you a chance to meet some of the locals who share your same interest.

There's a local weekly PBS show on TV here called Tennessee Crossroads. They do little stories on attractions and activities in Tennessee. The host of the show is something of a "gear head" and sometimes does a segment on the local old or antique car scene. I think he did a segment on the old car buffs I mentioned. They are pretty good about answering questions about anything seen on their program; I could send them an e-mail to see if they actually did the segment I remember (or tell me I'm dreaming it).

Old 08-06-2009, 03:03 PM

71 posts, read 202,552 times
You talking about the Chick-fil-A?

Nashville Car Shows

Old 08-06-2009, 03:13 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,473,389 times
There's also one in Hendersonville every Friday at the Glenbrook shopping center (Target, Kohl's, Kroger). Not sure how it's organized, either...but I do know it is annoying to other shoppers who are just trying to get around and shop.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:44 PM

451 posts, read 1,372,117 times
Sometimes the local Sonics will have weekend car shows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville