Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 12:10 PM

27 posts, read 110,140 times

Advertisements

Hello, I would greatly appreciate some help before we visit Nashville this weekend. My husband will be managing an office in Franklin and Murfreesboro so we would like to be in those two areas. We are 32 and 30 with children ages 4 and 2. I am a teacher but will be staying home for the next couple years.

1. We need around 2800 sq ft. and our price range is 300000-350000.
2. A kid friendly subdivision with community pool would be great.
3. good school system (I've heard they are all great in these two areas)
4. We would like a newer house in an established subdivision- fairly flat lot.

Franklin would be our first choice but I'm not sure if we can find what we need there? We are also wanting to look in Brentwood.
Any advice would be great!!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 01:02 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,089,585 times
The first neighborhoods that come to my mind, especially since you need to get to Murfreesboro fairly regularly, are Forrest Crossing, Sullivan Farms, Cheswicke Farms, Eagles Glen, and McKay's Mill. All are in Franklin. Since you have small kids, you would be very close to major commercial centers and all the regular kid activities around here, rather than 20 minutes down the interstate. There are two school districts in Franklin, and you should research the two. Some neighborhoods are zoned for Franklin Special School District and some for Williamson County Schools. They are both fine, but sometimes new residents get confused between the two.

I don't know what is "new" to you, as far as housing. McKay's Mill is newer than Forrest Crossing, but I have friends who have lived in Forrest Crossing for over a decade and wouldn't change a thing. All are very family oriented and close to roads that would give your husband pretty good commute access.

You might be able to find a house in the city of Brentwood, but at that price it would most likely be an older home. A great real estate site to use for this area is RealTracs Real Estate Mid-South Property Finder.

Good luck!

Old 11-24-2009, 01:18 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,741,453 times
I think you could find something in Franklin in your price range. The recession has brought down the housing prices, so things are cheaper now than they were couple of years ago. Try realtracs.com It is a middle TN real estate site. I just tried Franklin, less than $350,000 with at least 2650 sq. ft. and got 63 choices.
Brentwood has 10 houses listed with the same critera, but it looks like it's mostly older houses, so no neighborhood pools. I did see one in Bridgeton Park in Brentwood, I think it has a pool. But the houses are really close together, so that's something to consider.
I think you could find a good realtor and find what you want in Williamson County. Highway 96 runs from Franklin to Murfreesboro and there are some neighborhoods along it. You might find something there and it would be a great location for your husband.
Schools in Franklin & Brentwood are great. So you don't have to worry about that.
I don't know anything about Murfreesboro schools, but I have heard good things. Hopefully someone will come along with more info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville