Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Good schools: low population, helpful curriculum, extracurricular activities, Reading Recovery program

Old 01-03-2007, 11:20 PM

1 posts, read 2,003 times

Advertisements

Hi, we are moving to the Nashville area. My husband will be working out of Brentwood and I have read a lot of great stuff about the schools in that area. I have also done some research on Franklin and Spring Hill. I would like to know what people think of this area, of nice places to live around Brentwood or in Brentwood: possible housing additions that are nice and welcoming. We are looking to rent a home initially and eventually buy within the same school district. My daughter is in the 2nd grade and is a little behind in reading so I am looking for a school with a relativley low population and helpful curriculum. Also, we are looking for extracurricular activities for her to participate in, such as: cheerleading and dance. We are moving from Arizona in the next couple of months and have no prior experience with this area. Any pointers that someone could give me would be great! Thank you for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2007, 01:01 AM

211 posts, read 290,624 times
Both Franklin and Brentwood are great. I would probably say Franklin only because it's much larger and has basically everything you need, plus more. It's also very safe as long as you stay out of the neighborhoods where they fly the flag of Mexico -- which is only like one area.

The school system is very good too and it's a short drive to Nashville. Brentwood is in Williamson County as well but the HS is overcrowded.

Spring Hill is still pretty small but on the "up and up."

So, to sum it up, either Franklin or Brentwood are great. Franklin is getting very crazy but it keeps getting bigger and bigger! It's a great place -- it has the "small town feel" but has everything you need -- it's very wealthy too but it is a pain during 5pm anywhere in Cool Springs.

Old 01-04-2007, 06:40 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,633,731 times
I live in Franklin. Feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to help.

My family moved here about 5 years ago from NorCal. Schools were my priority too. There's a wonderful program here called Reading Recovery. Some facilitators are better than others. Liberty Elem. (near the area TNLove has a probem with) is excellent in this area, but the other schools in the districts- there are 2- are also very good. We started out here ith our kids in private school, but after 2 years put them both in public. No regrets!

Old 01-04-2007, 01:46 PM

148 posts, read 848,250 times
MirandaW,

We are in Peoria, Az. also, Fletcher Heights, and long for the day we can move to the Nashville area. We visited in August 2005 and fell in love with the Franklin area. We have been researching housing areas for months and one that we really liked is called McKay's Mill. It has a lake and walking paths. It sounds awesome. Franklin had absolutely everything you could ever want. The way I see it....it is like having the big city amenities while living in a country setting. We are going to back this spring to visit again and hopefully by next spring we will be living there too.

Also, as far as extracurricular activities for your daughter, the YMCA's are really big there. I know we had two of my boys in sports through the YMCA here and they really enjoyed it and from what I have heard everyone belongs to a Y there. So you may look into that.

Good luck with your move. I am so jealous.

Angie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville