Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2020, 08:21 AM

2 posts, read 2,169 times

Advertisements

Hi there -

My husband and I are relocating our family to Tennessee next year and despite him living in Nashville for college, were lost on where is best to live.

We’re coming from right in the city in Atlanta, Buckhead specifically, where most everything is a 5 minute drive from our house, which I know to expect longer drive times since things are more spread out.

We’re planning to send our son to Franklin Road Academy or Lipscomb Academy but my bigger question is on nursery school/preschool.

We have smaller kids and I’m hoping to find a church school that has infant drop-in/MMO/PDO but also has a preschool under the same roof so I’m not driving kids all over town to different schools. I keep seeing that none of this really starts until kids are 1-18 months. What do parents do with kids before then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2020, 05:18 PM

1,398 posts, read 2,510,550 times
If you live in Green Hills (Buckhead without the high rises), you'll be close to Cavalry United Methodist Church with has one of the best pre-K programs in Nashville. Then there's St. Paul's which is a fine primary school which feeds to all the best private schools. If you like crowded living, check out Burton Hills or the area just to the east of that. There are older neighborhoods but there's been a lot of 'gentrification' over the past 30 years. You will see ONLY appreciation in your investment. There is also West End United Methodist pre-K, which is run by the same lady who used to run the Cavalry program. They recruited her over there. But Green Hillls is central to so much of the core of Nashville. If you want the added comfort of the best public schools in the area, then Williamson is the place to go. Brentwood and Franklin are very different in character. Brentwood has a very very very suburban, wealthy suburban vibe. It's very quiet and they require 1-acre lots across the city. You'll always have lots of space in Brentwood. Franklin is more a old Southern town, like Marietta used to be, with a town square and lots of expensive real estate at its core. Just a couple miles out, you have the malls and commercial development you'll see in places like Roswell. There's no doubt that property values in Williamson County will continue to skyrocket. I believe the median house price is approaching $1 million. The first thing you'll notice is that you won't have to drive nearly as much in Nashville as you do in Atlanta. And I'd expect you'll appreciate that a lot.

PS: If your son will be going to FRA, look in the area between Hillsboro Rd. and Franklin Rd., a general area known as Oak Hill. You'll also find perhaps the best housing values in this area. Lots of 1950-60s ranches and then new construction. If you plan to send all your kids to private schools, then you shouldn't be bothered that Oak Hill is in Davidson County.

Old 12-29-2020, 01:21 PM

2 posts, read 2,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinestx View Post
If you live in Green Hills (Buckhead without the high rises), you'll be close to Cavalry United Methodist Church with has one of the best pre-K programs in Nashville. Then there's St. Paul's which is a fine primary school which feeds to all the best private schools. If you like crowded living, check out Burton Hills or the area just to the east of that. There are older neighborhoods but there's been a lot of 'gentrification' over the past 30 years. You will see ONLY appreciation in your investment. There is also West End United Methodist pre-K, which is run by the same lady who used to run the Cavalry program. They recruited her over there. But Green Hillls is central to so much of the core of Nashville. If you want the added comfort of the best public schools in the area, then Williamson is the place to go. Brentwood and Franklin are very different in character. Brentwood has a very very very suburban, wealthy suburban vibe. It's very quiet and they require 1-acre lots across the city. You'll always have lots of space in Brentwood. Franklin is more a old Southern town, like Marietta used to be, with a town square and lots of expensive real estate at its core. Just a couple miles out, you have the malls and commercial development you'll see in places like Roswell. There's no doubt that property values in Williamson County will continue to skyrocket. I believe the median house price is approaching $1 million. The first thing you'll notice is that you won't have to drive nearly as much in Nashville as you do in Atlanta. And I'd expect you'll appreciate that a lot.

PS: If your son will be going to FRA, look in the area between Hillsboro Rd. and Franklin Rd., a general area known as Oak Hill. You'll also find perhaps the best housing values in this area. Lots of 1950-60s ranches and then new construction. If you plan to send all your kids to private schools, then you shouldn't be bothered that Oak Hill is in Davidson County.
Thank you so much! This is incredibly helpful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: