Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 12:38 PM

21 posts, read 49,498 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
My roommate just got a job offer in Murfreesboro, and I've been wanting to move to the Nashville area for forever. So he took the job and we are to be in the area in a matter of two weeks...but as of now I have no job and we have no place to live.
I'm sort of in a panic here. Where are good areas to look for apartments? I would like to be somwhere in between Murfreesboro and Nashville. I've heard to stay away from Antioch. I absolutely love Hendersonville and looked into moving there before, but the drive from there ot Murfreesboro is over an hour, isn't it?
Also...how hard is it to get a job there? To start off, I'm willing to work anywhere, retail or whatever, just to get money to pay for the apartment, and start looking for "career" type jobs once I'm more settled in...

Thanks for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 02:28 PM

353 posts, read 1,001,012 times
For somewhere between M-Boro and N-Ville try Smyrna. Jobs...well that is a tougher thing to help with. Lots of people looking for work.

Old 02-18-2010, 04:24 PM

39 posts, read 76,438 times
If you're looking in Murfreesboro at apartments, St. Andrews Place is pretty nice for the price. Depending on how much you want to pay, Cason Estates is really nice. Both are close to the interstate. St. Andrews Place is right around the corner from tons of food options, while Cason Estates is by far an upgrade in quality but a little further from convenience. And I mean that literally... only a little further. Talking a mile or 2.

Old 02-18-2010, 05:13 PM

569 posts, read 1,425,132 times
I would not advise driving from Hendersonville to Murfreesboro. Even if it's not rush hour....that would still be a long and tedious drive. I second the opinion to look for something in Smyrna. It would be a good place to be while you get your bearings. You'll be somewhat close to Nashville and your roommate will be close to Murfreesboro. There's not a lot of great choices to pick from between Nashville and Murfreesboro. Not to diss that area...but it's just not at the top of most people's lists of great places to live.

Old 02-18-2010, 06:25 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,365,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashdesignguy View Post
If you're looking in Murfreesboro at apartments, St. Andrews Place is pretty nice for the price. Depending on how much you want to pay, Cason Estates is really nice. Both are close to the interstate. St. Andrews Place is right around the corner from tons of food options, while Cason Estates is by far an upgrade in quality but a little further from convenience. And I mean that literally... only a little further. Talking a mile or 2.
I agree with St Andrews Apts. My son lives there and apts are well kept, good management and at a great price.
There are 3 new Restaurants opening in Murfreesboro, so you might apply to one of those.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:32 PM

Thanks so much for your help! I will definately look into the two apartments in Murfreesboro, and check out the area of Smyrna as well.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:51 PM

Speaking of places right in Murfreesboro, has anyone heard of Chelsea Place or Ashwood Cove? They seem reasonably cheap but I dont know...It's so hard to try to find a nice home when it's 11 hours away and I can't just drive down to check it out on a whim!

Old 02-19-2010, 03:17 PM

39 posts, read 76,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amdst2 View Post
Speaking of places right in Murfreesboro, has anyone heard of Chelsea Place or Ashwood Cove? They seem reasonably cheap but I dont know...It's so hard to try to find a nice home when it's 11 hours away and I can't just drive down to check it out on a whim!
I would stay away from Chelsea Place. It's in a questionable area, and there are several students that live there. When I was in college, I went to and saw many parties going on in the complex.

Old 02-19-2010, 05:20 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,626,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashdesignguy View Post
I would stay away from Chelsea Place. It's in a questionable area, and there are several students that live there. When I was in college, I went to and saw many parties going on in the complex.
Agreed. Stay away from Chelsea Place!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-19-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
I agree with St Andrews Apts. My son lives there and apts are well kept, good management and at a great price.
There are 3 new Restaurants opening in Murfreesboro, so you might apply to one of those.
What are the restaurants that are opening up? I will have to apply!

And thanks for the advice on Chelsea Place! I looked at the apartments on Apartment Finder and it looks like the majority of apartments available in Murfreesboro are geared toward college students...is that right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville