Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 05:03 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,088,451 times

Advertisements

Looking at a house in Dallas Downs. Does anyone know anyone who lives there or anything? I'm also looking at Fieldstone Farms. The trees are nicer in Dallas Downs but location not quite as good, I guess?

Thanks for any info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 09:41 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,920,589 times
It's a very nice neighborhood, similar in density to Fieldstone Farms but not as massive and without the different kinds of housing and price levels that FF has.
I guess the only noteworthy thing I can think of about Dallas Downs is that it's zoned for Franklin Special School District, which is a totally separate system from Williamson County Schools. It's also accessed from a two-lane road (Lewisburg Pike) which is accessed from another basically two-lane bypass, so traffic can stack up. But it's a nice neighborhood! A friend of mine recently sold her home after living there for a decade, but only because she remarried. Here is a link to their neighborhood site: Dallas Downs Community Association

Old 04-03-2010, 04:57 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,088,451 times
Just wanted to say thanks for the info. The house sold before I could even take a look at it! Who said the Real Estate market was hurting????

Old 04-04-2010, 05:30 AM

Yeah, certain neighborhoods sell no matter what the market's doing. Hope you find something you like!

Old 04-05-2010, 08:35 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,545,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It's a very nice neighborhood, similar in density to Fieldstone Farms but not as massive and without the different kinds of housing and price levels that FF has.
I guess the only noteworthy thing I can think of about Dallas Downs is that it's zoned for Franklin Special School District, which is a totally separate system from Williamson County Schools. It's also accessed from a two-lane road (Lewisburg Pike) which is accessed from another basically two-lane bypass, so traffic can stack up. But it's a nice neighborhood! A friend of mine recently sold her home after living there for a decade, but only because she remarried. Here is a link to their neighborhood site: Dallas Downs Community Association
FWIW-I wouldn't consider being zoned for Franklin Special a negative except that the taxes are higher. From personal experience with special needs services in both county and FSSD, FSSD is far superior.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:00 AM

I agree. That's why I used the word "noteworthy." I thought it should be noted that it is in a different elementary school zone, but I didn't say it was a negative.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:21 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,630,506 times
Also, if you're looking for a balanced calendar, FSSD is the only option. They have Poplar Grove, which serves the entire district. WCS doesn't have any schools on a BC.

Old 03-31-2014, 01:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,980 times
Dallas Downs is not in the specialty school district. It is zoned for Oak View, one of the best schools in Franklin.
Fantastic community and great resale.

Old 03-31-2014, 02:27 PM

584 posts, read 1,136,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
Also, if you're looking for a balanced calendar, FSSD is the only option. They have Poplar Grove, which serves the entire district. WCS doesn't have any schools on a BC.
It is my understanding that Poplar Grove is not on a balanced calendar any more. They were moving away from the balanced calendar when we were preparing to move and looking at schools three years ago.

Old 03-31-2014, 06:37 PM

838 posts, read 1,210,668 times
This is a 4 year old thread. Pretty sure it's too late to send her to Texas. She went with Fieldstone Farms for those keeping score at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: