Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 05:55 AM

4,899 posts, read 6,229,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Makes me sick. You'd think people would be just a little bit more caring and have a heart. I'm sorry I even saw this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
Out of all that huge crowd, you'd think there would be ONE person who loves animals and realized the distress it was in. I would have snatched that thing out of their hands (if I could have gotten close enough) and ran to the water with it.

I've never ever touched a dolphin but I have enough sense to know that it needs to be in the freaking water.
Well, this act of stupidity depressed the h3ll out of me. How terribly sad... and as gouligann said, why
couldn't anyone in that crowd do something? #&!*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2016, 07:32 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,085,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
Out of all that huge crowd, you'd think there would be ONE person who loves animals and realized the distress it was in. I would have snatched that thing out of their hands (if I could have gotten close enough) and ran to the water with it.

I've never ever touched a dolphin but I have enough sense to know that it needs to be in the freaking water.
Looking at that picture, I see a number of faces that look concerned. I think some people know just enough to know that a dolphin breathes air, but not that it can't survive for long out of the water. It's sad, but what are ya gonna do? The bar for 'average' is kind of low.

Old 02-19-2016, 08:56 AM

17,346 posts, read 11,293,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Looking at that picture, I see a number of faces that look concerned. I think some people know just enough to know that a dolphin breathes air, but not that it can't survive for long out of the water. It's sad, but what are ya gonna do? The bar for 'average' is kind of low.
Personally I would love to see at least some of those people holding the dolphin, smiling and taking photos and acting like idiots prosecuted for killing and harassing an endangered species although it's Argentina so I doubt anything will happen like that although there has been a lot of international outrage over this.
It won't bring the baby dolphin back but it will let ignorant people know that kind of behavior is against the law and won't be tolerated.

Old 02-19-2016, 10:45 AM

8,340 posts, read 6,791,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

''The selfie craze has entered a new low. An young, endangered dolphin died after beachgoers apparently pulled it from the sea to take photos with it.

People can be so stupid and thoughtless. And selfish. There's no excuse for this kind of thing happening.
Frankly, I tend to doubt that it was at all or even healthy. Being able to grab something slick and wet, is rather tricky and I'm betting the dolphin was sick or near death anyway...

Now I admit, I don't know if this beach has baby dolphins coming by on a regular basis, but still a small animal will not approach large creatures unless it's beyond caring....

As a finish, yes I see some dolphins swim beside boats, but notice, these are BIG adults and the babies will see this and "Learn" (Dolphins are very intelligent) but that takes time....

Old 02-19-2016, 11:54 AM

2,284 posts, read 1,586,201 times
That's sickening, You need to get them in a boat and capsize it. At least Karma won't forget.

Old 02-19-2016, 12:17 PM

3,847 posts, read 1,791,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

''The selfie craze has entered a new low.
There's no excuse for this kind of thing happening.

sad story and the selfie craze needs to be over.

Old 02-19-2016, 01:59 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,241,134 times
We belong to a now Narcissist Society. People out for themselves and don't care how their actions affect other people or creatures.

Old 02-19-2016, 02:22 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,120,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
sad story and the selfie craze needs to be over.
.... Interesting stat:

More people have died from selfies than shark attacks this year

Old 02-19-2016, 03:33 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
Poor baby dolphin. Many people don't consider or care dolphins feel fear, pain and can suffer just like the rest of us mammals.

Old 02-19-2016, 03:57 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,663,739 times
If I was on that beach, it wouldn't have been pretty. I can't stand human behavior of this sort. It's beyond disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature