Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2010, 11:06 AM

26 posts, read 88,095 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I have been reading all the wonderful, mostly positive postings of the rural
Nebraskans who really have a passion and proud feeling towards their state
and love the strong family valves and good life quality.

But I am wondering what rural Nebraska teens feeling about living and growing up in rural Nebraska? Do most teens hate it here and cant wait to
leave after high school, or do most love it and want to stay and raise a family?

Thanks
Michael
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 06:10 PM

252 posts, read 732,861 times
I have been a high school teacher in Lincoln and in rural NE, for many years and have subbed in several rural schools. I also have a small business, in So. Central NE, where I hire young people for temporary labor.

I find that the kids are like kids, everywhere, in that they can't wait to blow this popsicle stand and find a better proving ground. Whatever the pop culture makes trendy, that's where MOST of them want to be.

On the other hand, MOST of these kids are really, really conscientious about their family's way of life. As much as they are anxious to attend their prospective colleges, they don't tend to trash their Mom's home and job. At least, MOST of them. It happens. I would love to see a well composed survey of them.

I also find that MOST Moms are as anxious as the kids, for their kids to claim a success in the city. We just do not have a plethora of jobs and professions, out here.
It's just the way it is.....
....BUT! I rarely encounter a truly, unhappy boy or girl. MOST of them seem fun-loving and friendly--kind of like their parents.

Old 10-12-2010, 03:15 PM

39 posts, read 118,411 times
I am a 19 year old from rural Ne. I can tell you that it depends on the rural town. I think that most all of the kids want to experience "city-life," but I know that a lot of them return to rural living after graduating or when they go to settle down. Some of them return to there rural community, but some just choose another rural town. I want to move to a new rural town, because I hate where I am no. But City life just isn't it for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska