Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2007, 12:30 PM

275 posts, read 1,288,803 times

Advertisements

Verizon Wireless is building new call centers in Lincoln, Nebraska and Huntsville, Alabama. I'm considering relocating from GA to Alabama for a position.(I've done my homework on Huntsville) Should I consider Lincoln? What's good and bad about Lincoln, Nerbraska?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2007, 02:38 PM

482 posts, read 2,226,242 times
lukedaddy,

Go to page two there are five pages of a thread on Lincoln. When reading it watch out for what MattDen and some of what WARNYOU says about Lincoln. Both seem to have problems with Lincoln. MattDen has only been in Lincoln and Nebraska for about seven months, which in his mind makes him an expert on Nebraska. Don't know what is WARNYOU major problem as can't seem to get a good feeling on this person. She has a thread going on the worse town in Nebraska that you might find interesting as well. This is on page one and has four pages of posts.

You might want to go over the posts that cafe du monde got concerning her coming to Lincoln to attend law school in Lincoln. Her thread is on page one and there are four pages of posts here.

We live southeast of Lincoln. I was born and raised in Nebraska and due to my military I was not able to live in Nebraska my whole life, but Nebraska is home and has been home now for over 55 years. So I speak of Nebraska from my love of my state, but I will tell you her faults as well as her good sides.

My wife and I find Lincoln a very nice city. It has it bad sides and it also has it good points. The city is growing with most of the building going on in the south side of the city. You can go on line to read the local newspaper. The name of the paper is Lincoln Journal Star. The city is about 225,000 people, yet you get the feeling of living in a smaller community where people are friendly and helpful if you give them a chance. There are three four year colleges/universities within Lincoln and several two year colleges as well.

They have some very excellent hospitals in Lincoln, with the Nebraska Heart Institute in the southeast corner of Lincoln.

If you have children then you will find that the school system is one of the best in the state as well.

AmTrak stops in Lincoln as does the Greyhound bus service that travels just east and west. They have a major airport for Nebraska that you can catch a plane to one of the bigger airports, like Chicago and Denver.

You can go to this web site to see some pictures of Nebraska and to get an idea of what kind of weather we have here.

http://www.hprcc.unl.edu/nebraska/

If you decide on Nebraska then welcome to our friendly State.

If you have any particular questions just ask I will give you the best answer that I can or I am sure that you will get some answers from others.

Old 03-08-2007, 02:55 PM

275 posts, read 1,288,803 times
Very, very nice and helpful reply. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska