Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 09:16 AM

696 posts, read 1,726,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
Why couldn't they just be gang bangers? What's so necessary about calling them hispanic?
Also I don't know if it is still true but back in the late 80's I went to Dallas.
One guy of the family I was visiting went to get some beer and I wanting to see the sights road along.

Well we drive for a while since Dallas has lots of "dry" areas.
We finally see a liquor store and he drives on by.
I asked why and he said see all those African Americans.
If you buy anything there you have to give it to them when you come out or they will shoot you.
So we drive some more and see another liquor store again with a small crowd in the parking lot.
I joked we would have got shot there also.
He said no those were Hispanic and they would stick you with a knife.

Note: I don't care what color people are. But he explained that was just how it was in those neighborhoods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 08:20 AM

380 posts, read 1,000,716 times
ROFL!!!! I drive there from Omaha every Saturady for a courier route. I stop there and in North Platte. I get the same impression from both! I am sure there are nice sides of the town somewhere, but just off the interstate....wow. This last Saturday I was sitting in North Platte at the Shell gas station just north of I-80. It was about 10:00 PM. As I was sitting there fueling up, it was one jack ass in a Honda with a fart can squelling tires after another! Then some guy in a 94 sytle Z24 with a fancy paint job and spoiler on the back...guess what? He had a fart can on his V6. It sounded stupid as he reved it at the light trying to show off to some nasty chicks standing by the light waiting to cross the street. Then the light went green and he dropped the hammer.....It was GAY! lol

Old 05-10-2010, 08:38 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,470,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGuy1979 View Post
ROFL!!!! I drive there from Omaha every Saturady for a courier route. I stop there and in North Platte. I get the same impression from both! I am sure there are nice sides of the town somewhere, but just off the interstate....wow. This last Saturday I was sitting in North Platte at the Shell gas station just north of I-80. It was about 10:00 PM. As I was sitting there fueling up, it was one jack ass in a Honda with a fart can squelling tires after another! Then some guy in a 94 sytle Z24 with a fancy paint job and spoiler on the back...guess what? He had a fart can on his V6. It sounded stupid as he reved it at the light trying to show off to some nasty chicks standing by the light waiting to cross the street. Then the light went green and he dropped the hammer.....It was GAY! lol

lol at this.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:44 PM

696 posts, read 1,726,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGuy1979 View Post
....It was BrianGuy1979! lol

Old 05-11-2010, 07:49 PM

123 posts, read 409,149 times
They should change the name of Grand Island to Mexico Grande.

It's the perfect marriage of white trash, Mexicans and farm-town preppies all in one place.

Old 05-12-2010, 07:34 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,470,921 times
I went to Grand Island once. For a concert. The security at the concert was a skinny dude that was wearing very tight clothing, an older lady, and a bunch of lame people with flashlights that did absolutely nothing. The fans were jumping from the seats to the floor level at will, guys lifting their girls up on their shoulders, whatever else you aren't supposed to be doing was going on there.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:55 AM

76 posts, read 234,792 times
Grand Island road system always bothers me....everything is on some kind of angle!

Old 05-27-2010, 05:39 PM

36 posts, read 141,055 times
The fart cans in North Platte were probally the kids from the colllege there, or a railroader...lol. I recently lived and worked in North Platte at UP. Like everyone says al lthe towns have there little crappy areas, but even Lexington (also known as Mexington,no joke) has some nice spots, not many though. Lot of people do like I did and live in one of the small towns of highway 40 and drive to work to the larger towns.

Old 05-30-2010, 05:23 AM

36 posts, read 141,055 times
Sorry meant to say highway 30. I am actually thinking of going back to the railroad and am considering GI. I really liked Nebraska, a side from the twisters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska