Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 10:39 PM

122 posts, read 359,254 times

Advertisements

i moved back to Michigan from Las Vegas 1 year ago i been getting mine up till the last 8 + weeks waiting on the letter and the account to get more $$$ in it..

Its easy all they asked is for my New Address and if i had a Job yet.. and they put the new info in the PC. that was it.. still used the same Card for the Money..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 04:47 AM

1 posts, read 1,815 times
what if you quit your job to move out of stat for family issues can you collect uneployment im moving from Las Vegas to Athens ME?

Old 05-27-2011, 08:25 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
you are on your own

Old 05-28-2011, 03:05 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,340,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.reeve25 View Post
what if you quit your job to move out of state for family issues? Can you collect unemployment I'm moving from Las Vegas to Athens, ME?
You must be unemployed through no fault of your own. There is almost no reason for quitting that meets that requirement. You can always file a claim from any state, or U.S. Possession. You can even file from Canada as I recall. But if what you say is why you are unemployed, it is 99.99999999% sure your claim will be denied. Nothing is ever 100%. So since you haven't thoroughly explained it, there might be .00000001% chance, which is the same as none.

Here are your options:
I'm assuming that you worked here, or somewhere, for a least a year or more. If that is true, then "Monetarily" you should be eligible. But being monetarily eligible doesn't mean you can collect. You are monetarily eligible to get your car fixed if you've paid for the insurance. But you can't take a sledge hammer to it and expect them to pay for repairs. Same thing.

So, you can file a claim even though you know it will be denied, or you can wait until you have worked again twice, and get laid off both times, before you file. If you file now, it will lock up your "monetary" eligibility, so that anytime within the next year you get laid off, you can reopen the same claim as long as you've had sufficient wages to remove the "Stop" on the claim from the denial (that means hang on to all proof of wages such as check stubs or automatic deposits from the employer. When/if you reopen they will ask for proof).

If you do not file now, even though you won't be able to collect, you run the risk of losing the monetary value of the claim because it changes quarterly. You have until June 24 right now to decide before your monetary changes. If denied, and you will be, you won't be able to collect unemployment until you've returned to work and earned at least whatever amount your weekly benefit would be in EACH OF ten weeks. That's why you need check stubs; to prove what you made in each of ten weeks after the denial.

The wise choice might be to go home and get a job. If you can't find a full time job, sign up for temp work. You want to be able to say that your last two jobs were anything but the one you quit. DO NOT LIE. That's not what I'm saying. You can consider the last temp job you did as your last employer, and the temp job before that as your next to last employer. They only ask why you are unemployed from your last two jobs. So then, if you can't find a full time job you can then file a Nevada UI claim from the UI office in ME (It's Maine, right?) and honestly say you were laid off from your last two jobs.

If you've been working in Nevada, or a combination of Nevada and any other state, for at least a couple of years, then you don't have to rush into filing a claim you know will be denied. If you've worked in other states besides Nevada in the past 18 months or so, be sure to tell them so they can round up all your wages for eligibility.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:04 AM

30 posts, read 44,831 times
I'm so glad I found this thread. I just lost my job and having become sick and tired of Northern Nevada's job market, we decided to move to Texas. Now I know we'll have unemployment to live on until I secure a job in Texas.

So in a nutshell, yes, I can get Nevada UIB, but just check in with Texas' UIB office and let Nevada know. Fair enough.

Question, what if we're living in a camper for the first week or two? Don't really have an address to give them, unless I open a PO Box. Would that suffice?

Old 04-26-2013, 12:30 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuafollower View Post
I'm so glad I found this thread. I just lost my job and having become sick and tired of Northern Nevada's job market, we decided to move to Texas. Now I know we'll have unemployment to live on until I secure a job in Texas.

So in a nutshell, yes, I can get Nevada UIB, but just check in with Texas' UIB office and let Nevada know. Fair enough.

Question, what if we're living in a camper for the first week or two? Don't really have an address to give them, unless I open a PO Box. Would that suffice?
Probably. I don't know if General Delivery at the post office is an option any more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada