Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 12:11 AM

858 posts, read 1,501,612 times

Advertisements

Quitting over 10 miles??? Does your vehicle get 1 MPG??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 11:20 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by korner View Post
kk, i got fired from my job in Las Vegas, and i did apply for unemployment what i whant to know is if i can get it, the reson why they fired me was coz they say that i use to work with them in the last 2 years and i didnt put on this application that i use to work for them before in house keeping, now they give a room service position and i being working for them for 7 months already, and now they fired me coz they say y didn't put that on my application, so, i dont know what to do, can somebody help me with this plisssss.
virtually ALL hotel employment applications ask SPECIFICALLY if you have EVER been employed there in ANY capacity......
Lying on an application is grounds for termination.

Buzz may answer this one but i wouldn't bet on it[drawin unemployment I mean]

Old 12-03-2008, 10:42 AM

1 posts, read 5,353 times
if you are a part time employee and get laid off are you eligible for unemployment??

Old 12-16-2008, 11:02 AM

2 posts, read 10,821 times
I have a question. I was recently laid off of my job an was unemployed for about three weeks. I filed for unemployment my first week an recieved my funds that were owed to me. Then the next week when I filed I never recived any funds. I continue to file every week even though I am employed at the moment but still havent recieved payment for the week that i was out of work.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:04 AM

2 posts, read 10,821 times
Is there anythign else that I can do to get my check thats owed to me.

Old 10-22-2009, 04:51 PM

2 posts, read 9,389 times
When an unemployment examiner calls you is that good news or not?

Old 10-22-2009, 04:57 PM

2 posts, read 9,389 times
What does it mean if an unemployment examier calls you and good or bad?

Old 11-03-2009, 01:13 PM

1 posts, read 4,561 times
Quote:
Here's an idea,
Why don't you find another job that is to your liking, then quit your current job.
This would eliminate the "need" to be on unemployment!
RankRam, I'm guessing that you're happily employed with a job that pays well, provides benefits, and you have a couple of vehicles and a toy-hauler with toys to haul on it. Have you looked around to see the economy lately? It's NOT simple! Even finding a job isn't easy, and once a person finds one, there's the petty little matter of actually getting an interview. Jobs here are at a premium, and most employers are promoting from within, rather than hiring from outside. I applied for a job as a records technician at the local police department, and I didn't even get to the interview stage, even though my resumé listed fifteen years of experience in indexing, scanning, documenting, word-processing, and progressive advancement. Basically, I'd been doing a lot of the same functions called for in the job announcement, when I worked for the Oregon Employment Department in the Employment Tax Recovery Unit. The rejection letter came one day after I'd submitted my application and resumé.

Yes, I'd love to be employed rather than drawing a U.I. check, but sometimes, life ISN'T that simple. I'm doing all I can to improve my situation. Unemployment is a cushy way to get a weekly payment, but it's hard on the self-esteem, and I would rather work. Before anyone accuses me of laziness, I worked at a seasonal job at the local nursery and greenhouse, watering the plants and standing trees (lots of walking, lifting, and standing.) It was minimum wage, but it paid the bills. When I got laid off, both my hands were basically useless (I once could type 93 wpm, but now, I'm doing good to get 30) and my back was a mess. I took the job because I didn't want to be on unemployment, and because I'd worked for this employer before. I don't know anything about flinging burgers or retail, and the mines aren't hiring inexperienced people, so for now, I'm stuck. U.I. runs out in two weeks. After that, I don't know what I'll do, except possibly apply for extended benefits until the nursery job comes back in April, because at least, it's a guaranteed job, even if it's only minimum wage with no benefits.. And yes, I'll continue to apply for jobs, go on interviews, and hope and pray that I get hired somewhere.

Old 08-03-2010, 01:24 PM

1 posts, read 3,862 times
aug 3, 2010. Has anyone in Las Vegas, received a letter regarding the restart of unemployment payments?

Old 08-04-2010, 01:28 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,359,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARLESLONG2500 View Post
aug 3, 2010. Has anyone in Las Vegas, received a letter regarding the restart of unemployment payments?
You may have to file for the extension. When it comes to UI be proactive. If you snooze you lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
View detailed profiles of: