Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 08:58 AM

202 posts, read 505,249 times

Advertisements

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/.../627/627-4.htm

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/.../627/627-7.htm

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/.../627/627-9.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2010, 07:06 PM

405 posts, read 1,279,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Dave if you ever go to a court of law you will have shot to stop. If you tell a jury you shot to kill, you will doom yourself to a harsh sentance...
If you choose your words wisely as the cops ask questions you might not even get a free ride down town...
My bad guy never made it in the house. He was still outside with me on the phone. The cops heard it, while telling me they were not my personal body guards, stating that no crime had been committed.

Again, this all depends on your state laws re: self defense.
In some states you hafta shoot the perp in the house.
In others, he can be anywhere on your property (western states)
as long as he poses a deadly threat.
In still other places you hafta be running away from the perp to
legally shoot back (the retreat law) -- I haven't figured that one
out yet (how do you outrun a bullet??).

Why were the cops there in the first place??
They are useless until the perp actually kills you.
A wasted phone call to 911 IMHO.
You are not required to say one word to the cops - EVER!
If you have a lawyer, call him.
If not, request a public defender.
Let him do the talking.
This isn't Nazi Germany -- yet!

I live in a two story house on a quiet country road (part dirt).
My nearest neighbor is over 1/4 mile away.
I have loaded guns on both floors.
Also a 12 ga. SS riot gun at my disposal.
IF by chance a thug gets past my two dogs I'm going to
introduce him to my good freinds Smith & Wesson.
And I know of some quicksand that'll take care of the rest.

Old 11-08-2010, 06:38 AM

3,712 posts, read 11,039,146 times
Quote:
Again, this all depends on your state laws re: self defense.
Again, the OP was asking about NH - not about any other state, so it really doesn't matter what other state laws say. I realize you live in PA, but that's not the point of the thread.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:13 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
GM, first of all this was pre 911. I called the cops on the phone requesting assistance. When I fired the 12 ga I was still on the phone, so they heard the gun speak I assume.

I didn't even get a free ride down town much less any interview.

later the cops told me all bout the bad guys record. The bad guy had 2 gold long playing albums, had been working on a new album in that he was wanted for 6 more bench warrents, and i guess i was supposed to be song 7.

Yeah I think like you. Back then pre 911 it was useless to call the cops at 3AM. I was told To Serve and Protect didn't mean the cops were my personal body guards, and while the bad guy was working his way at me while i held a shot gun. The dispatcher told me no crime had been committed so there was nothing they could do. My wife was sceeming, my infant son now 29 was screeming, my great dane was barking and I was confused.

I don't have any quick sand, but we have lots of coyottes. Any next bad guys just might be coyotte bait, if the bad guy doesn't get me first.

I am not really pleased with how the system of injustice works at all.

As I said I think any Judge, lawyers, and paroll board members who released that bad guy, and any other bad guys should be serving the bad guys time today.

It isn't fair to hold Jon Q Public hostage to bad guys on paroll. I don't like catch and release.

I figure if a person has the authority to hold a bad guy in prision and also has the authoriity to release him, then by proxy he is the same as the bad guy, and if his pets (bad guys) are released and commiit further crimes, then the people 'in charge' should all pay the crime as if they did it themselves.

Back then I hadn't even thought about this. I had no idea i was going to get to play the victim game. I won't play it that same way again.

In fact I don't. I carry everywhere I go, and in 05 for 10 months into 06, my wife and I went motorcycle touring all the way from NH to Cal and back hititng 40 states and I was armed in every single one of them. State llaws of Infringement be dammed.

The above reasons are not why.

Easter 1999 IS why. My father in law and his 2nd wife were stabbed to death not 3 city blocks from the cop shop. It took the fire dept an hour to get there, and it took SWAT 1.5 hours longer than the Fire Dept.

Next time, if I must call I will call the Fire Dept, if I call at all.

As I sit and type I am armed. In a few moments when I go out in the rain to crate up a machine, I will be armed and I won't even leave this rural dwelling today once, but I will be armed all day and all night ,just like last night, and yesterday. If I leave this place to drive some where, I will carry 2 hand guns.

It has been that way since 99, except the MC Tour. I carried one hand gun and a long rifle which was a flint lock, since I was seeking Lewis and Clark bi-centenial doin's.

NH law is not Pa Law, which is/was the point of the thread. I have no idea what PA law is like concerning the issue.

Last Sunday and Monday like Nov 1stish I was in MASS, and armed. I don't have a mass permit, I won't pay that much to get one. But i won't go un-armed anywhere.

Last edited by Mac_Muz; 11-08-2010 at 08:26 AM..

Old 11-08-2010, 08:28 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,241,624 times
Years ago a regional sporting goods store was robbed by a crackhead. He was armed.

As the thief ran away the owner stepped outside and shot him with a bow and arrow. They found the crackhead in a car wash trying to pull the arrow out of his leg.

They arrested the store owner and the thief.

I salute the store owner. Aim higher.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:17 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
I agree with Mac's logic. Be aware, be alert and be armed. It is safer that way.

Old 11-08-2010, 10:53 AM

139 posts, read 351,647 times
the best advice given- choose your words carefully. ie. i feared for my life becuase________.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:13 PM

Skinut, If this should ever occur again in my life, and I happen to inform the cops there is a dead body I wanted removed, before i call any cops I am calling my lawyer and he can tell the cops, 'Mac feared for his life.'

I learned long ago there is good cops, there is bad cops, but the one thing they both have in common is neither kind are my friend.
.................................................. .................................................. ...................................

Not so many years ago crime hit Conway. The local Army Navy Store was robbed, but in the doing the manager and at least one customer were killed. They don't sell guns, but they sell some gear for guns, as holsters, and of course knives, lots of quasi swords and etc.

Like everywhere else I shop I am armed there too. The way I go about life is the same way I go about business. No one really knows I am armed. The fact that i am, makes me a bit more humble, and a tad more polite, as I just don't see being armed as a way to be a pushy self serving idiot.

Being armed means one must pick and choose their battles in life, and some bar room punk with a big mouth is just not worth the bother.

In the instance of a real bad guy, I will still walk if he won't leave given the chance and conditions permitting. If there are others involved like wives and infants, maybe small children, and only way out is to go by said bad guy, well then that becomes another issue, and one where the bag guy must be neutrailized to be no threat. That can end up with him well and very alive, but it doesn't have to.

Even bad guys don't want to be shot.

I do tend to be aware of my surroundings. I am not at ease in this so-called modern safe world.

When I go to a mall, I tend to park far out and away from most other vehicals. I tend to wear clothing I can shed, and once having entered a mall, with change my clothing and appearance to go back and look over my vehical from a distance.

So far this has produced one wanna be theif in the instant. His idea evidently was that watching me be brain dead and entering the mall he had time. He made that little error of my hick appearance being brain dead. He sure was surprised when I slammed the open car door on his leg, and did he ever yell. He walked with something of a limp to security too.

Security wanted to know what I had done to him, and my answer was a straight up honest answer. 'Sir, i never touched him. ' and I never did.

Old 11-08-2010, 06:33 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,701,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Skinut, If this should ever occur again in my life, and I happen to inform the cops there is a dead body I wanted removed, before i call any cops I am calling my lawyer and he can tell the cops, 'Mac feared for his life.'

I learned long ago there is good cops, there is bad cops, but the one thing they both have in common is neither kind are my friend.
.................................................. .................................................. ...................................

Not so many years ago crime hit Conway. The local Army Navy Store was robbed, but in the doing the manager and at least one customer were killed. They don't sell guns, but they sell some gear for guns, as holsters, and of course knives, lots of quasi swords and etc.

Like everywhere else I shop I am armed there too. The way I go about life is the same way I go about business. No one really knows I am armed. The fact that i am, makes me a bit more humble, and a tad more polite, as I just don't see being armed as a way to be a pushy self serving idiot.

Being armed means one must pick and choose their battles in life, and some bar room punk with a big mouth is just not worth the bother.

In the instance of a real bad guy, I will still walk if he won't leave given the chance and conditions permitting. If there are others involved like wives and infants, maybe small children, and only way out is to go by said bad guy, well then that becomes another issue, and one where the bag guy must be neutrailized to be no threat. That can end up with him well and very alive, but it doesn't have to.

Even bad guys don't want to be shot.

I do tend to be aware of my surroundings. I am not at ease in this so-called modern safe world.

When I go to a mall, I tend to park far out and away from most other vehicals. I tend to wear clothing I can shed, and once having entered a mall, with change my clothing and appearance to go back and look over my vehical from a distance.

So far this has produced one wanna be theif in the instant. His idea evidently was that watching me be brain dead and entering the mall he had time. He made that little error of my hick appearance being brain dead. He sure was surprised when I slammed the open car door on his leg, and did he ever yell. He walked with something of a limp to security too.

Security wanted to know what I had done to him, and my answer was a straight up honest answer. 'Sir, i never touched him. ' and I never did.
Yikes! I can see why you are scared you seem to be a magnet for violence and crime

Old 11-08-2010, 08:31 PM

Aptor, That's right I am scared of lots of things. You could be correct on that magnet thing.

Monday night Nov 1st, I almost hit Bull Moose driving home after dark doing a legal 50 mph.

August 1st 2009 I hit a jeep on a Kawi Nomad motorcycle, something like a Harley Road King. The Jeep hit the moose. I ruined a perfectly good ft fender, and scared my wife bad. That moose died.

Some years before my wife was away, and on my other motorcycle I almost hit another moose on a cloudy day, but saw a shadow where there should be no shadow.

When I say almost I am speaking in terms of less than 10 feet.

Some birds scare me too. I call these 'The Great Nawthen Man Eattin' Patridge' They don't really eat humans of course, but instead fly into them, or atleast me, and out of nowhere, which renders my heart pump semi usless. This has occured many times, and I am not always alone. Twice friends witnessed this in the woods. Once my wife witnessed this in the woods too, and I am struck hard enough the birds loose feathers.

Once telling a man standing in his auto shop, it was clear he didn't believe a word i said as he stared blankly at the ceiling, making some intent to not insult me outright. All of a sudden there was the sound of breaking glass, and another bird crash landed at my feet. That fixed that bord staring at the ceiling thing right now.

Once I was bitten by a brown recluse spider, and while I don't fear spiders I fear them.

Another time I was struck working on a boat in a shop by lightning, and while i don't cower in storms any, I still fear getting hit again.

Then over years, there is a two legged monster that has taken to the error of thinking I am prey. Several have been convinced otherwise with no shots fired, and only one required getting cut down like the dog he was. Several times my wife saw strange men in the dooryard and got my pistol to me, as pre 1999 I didn't carry everyday all the time like I do now. So yeah I am scared a lot, and of many things, I didn't find particularly pleasant.

Oddly when I got back to NH I got nabbed by the cops after touring 40 states on the Nomad. I was stopped for driving my car just after registering it, since the regii expired during my 10 moths absence. The stop was based on a out of date inspection sticker tax stamp, and by law I had 9 days and 22 hours to get a new one.

The officer quiried why I was gone for 10 months, and I told the officer I had been touring the USA on a motorcycle. At that point I was told no one has the awareness to do that, so I guess i can't go do that anymore. I knew it took some mental awareness to ride a big bike, but I had no idea i couldn't cross the USA on one for lack of ability. I sure wish I knew that before i went and did it.

Another time, I had been hunting in my back yard. My back yard at the time was the White Mnt National Forest. As I approached my old 66' 122 Volvo I saw 3 men going thru my things. I hadn't discharged my .50 cal Hawkin Rifle at that point, so I used it to assist me, and requested these men all line up, so we could all walk to town and then to the Chief of Police's house. I got lucky too, since he was home playing chess on his computer. I think it was a Commodore 64 back then.
He made a phone call to a lesser ranking officer who was happy to come relieve me of my catch.

I wasn't accused of brandishing, since I had been legally hunting in the first place.

So yeah that, and other times have caused me to fear man. I find it's a natural thing to fear things that can harm me. Lots of other wild things do too. At least the wild things are free.

Last edited by Mac_Muz; 11-08-2010 at 08:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire