Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 03:53 AM

497 posts, read 953,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac muz
I do tend to be aware of my surroundings. I am not at ease in this so-called modern safe world.
+1

ALWAYS be aware of whats going on around you. Like a Boy Scout, be prepared.
Sooooooooo many people go thru life with blinders on, only aware of what THEY are doing.

The best security sits atop your shoulders. Use it for more than a hat rack.

Don't be a sheep, and be led, be the shepard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 06:53 AM

817 posts, read 2,189,216 times
Nice to know we don't have to wait for an intruder to kill us before we're allowed to shoot. Although, Penny Dean (gun lawyer) says to make sure the perp has "ability, opportunity and jeopardy". Exactly what that means in court, I don't know. Toss him a knife before you shoot, just to be safe. <jk>

I'm usually always armed in NH, but when I go to my house in NY 3 or 4 times a year, I have NO hand guns. The penalty there is up to $10k fine and 7 years in prison (and they issue NO non-resident permits). I'm not willing to pay that kind of penalty. Also, NY is known for punishing the victim when you have to shoot someone in self defense, so, if I had a gun on me, I'd be afraid to pull the trigger anyway.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:06 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,972,397 times
Be Free, Yeah that Soviet Republic of NY is a problem, as is the Soviet Replublic of Mass. Living in NH literally means we are land locked, since there is no way out of here by any legal means, unless you look at it like I do, and consider that these states have illegal laws under the terms of Infringe.

I can't really consider Canada under that since they are their own country.

I carry in those states, but hide things fairly well, or lock and case other weapons I will use at events out of either of these states as I attend shoots in other states and to do so must pass thru these states. I suppose I could swim, but I don't see me doing that from Portsmouth all the way to NC or even Va.
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........................

NH Guy, Unfortunately being aware won't always work. Some times there is the way you just came and the way yu are going and no other way.

I know I racked up a lot of experiences, and to the point I would be lucky if anyone even believed all the nonsence, but I don't lie. My father an x WW-2 submariner, hated hand guns with predjudiced, but was a hunter a long gun owner, and so I was raised around his guns in his un-locked closet.

My first hand gun as the result of being raised that were more items of being curious than anything else, and usually ended up as hunting type hand guns. These are very large frame, long barrel weapons totally unsuitable for concealed carry.

Things like Ruger Super Blackhawk with barrels around 8 inches long, making one fit a shoulder holster means it is tucked deep into the arm pit and the muzzel ends up at your hip bone.

Well crime came to Sawyer River, just up the road from Bartlett NH. With in a months time in the early 80's 2 couples were rape/murdered in the forest. Since i packed my infant son on my back hiking, and x-c skiing a lot, I took to 'packin' that big heater, so we wouldn't end up rape/murdered too. So far as I know these 2 cases are still un-solved, but the victims are still as dead.

I am not sure about being dead since I haven't tried it yet, but I don't think I will like it much, so I aim to stay alive untill my time comes.

The point is I hiked up Nancy Brook Trail to the height of land with my son in my pack. Up there were 8 side walk commandos, a term for young biker looking people that don't own a motorcycle.

What in jumpin blue blazes they were doin' up there is past my understanding, other than drinking beers. I knodded but never spoke upon seeing them off the trail, counted how many, saw bud cans, lots of chains and black leather, and kept on truckin.

I felt one stand up, enter the trail behind me, but wasn't thinking on it much. I just knew he was coming from behind, untill he did speak and said "That kid will look better with his head bashed on that tree.'

There was apx 24 feet between us, or 8 paces of mine. I turned to face him, and he stopped walking, to stare at me. I didn't see any weapons, but that didn't mean he didn't have any.

I was in a mild shock trying to decide if what I heard was real or not. I hadn't said a word, my son wasn't able to talk at his wee age, other than say mamma dadda and assorted other baby talk.

The stare didn't stop, and my mind began to race with just how bad I was out numbered if the rest of these guys got involved. I had that big gun, and it had 5 bullets, and I had no more.

It didn't look good if things got physical. I can't fight well wearing a back pack with a infant inside it. The pack contained foods, diapers, other assorted clothing and so it made relly running out of the question as well.

So I decided to end it right now as best i could and still never speaking i motioned my hand to the grips on the Ruger, but stopped just short of touching it. I wanted my aggressor to see it and size up the situation for himself. He did, but was controlled in his looking, so made no big silver dollar eyes or anything I could read, but simply dropped the idea and turned to walk back to where he came from.

I figure I saved his life. my life, my sons, and that guys 7 other buddies.

Not liking this much, I continued that way I had planned instead of turn back. I went apx 1/4 mile and off the trail too, to see if any were going to follow. I waited around 3-/45 minutes and no one showed up so I continued. I had seen not one other vehical where I parked, so there was no way to have known anyone was ahead of me on the trail, and no way to inform the cops. This was well before cell phone.

That was the last time I went hiking with out a proper cc gun. But still I remained stupid and didn't carry every day 24/7 like now. That lesson came harsher in Easter 99, as stated before in this thread. No authorities will dis-arm me with out someone not going home for dinner.

Then no authorites seem to figure I am armed, and no one else does unless i tell them, and I don't tell face to face. Since full time carry not once has anyone even suspected I am armed, and I plan to keep it that way.

Once and it is another story, I had to tell the authorities I was armed, but then they never saw with what. I was stuck between a rock and a hard place, a fairly well known activist stated on the RADIO, that he and 20 armed men were coming to remove all the whites from a private and particular location. I had ended up there the day before so I wasn't any part of it, but I was busted up pretty good with a battered motorcycle and 3 broken ribs. Cops came to protect these 'whites', all females except me. My wife was asked if she had any weapons, and her reply outside my hearing was 'You might need to speak with my husband.'

The police and me had a wee talk, and I was allowed to alledgedly remain armed.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:27 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,664,173 times
Nothing like soliciting legal advice on a subject that can possibly incarcerate you or bankrupt you from some unknown individuals on an internet site. You think maybe a source of a professional schooled in that area
Quote:
Penny Dean
might be worth your effort. Penny would be such a source.

Quote:
Agreed, my point was to make sure there's only one side to the story, yours
You seriously think that's the way to accomplish that?

Old 11-10-2010, 10:26 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,700,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Be Free, Yeah that Soviet Republic of NY is a problem, as is the Soviet Replublic of Mass. Living in NH literally means we are land locked, since there is no way out of here by any legal means, unless you look at it like I do, and consider that these states have illegal laws under the terms of Infringe.

I can't really consider Canada under that since they are their own country.

I carry in those states, but hide things fairly well, or lock and case other weapons I will use at events out of either of these states as I attend shoots in other states and to do so must pass thru these states. I suppose I could swim, but I don't see me doing that from Portsmouth all the way to NC or even Va.
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........................

NH Guy, Unfortunately being aware won't always work. Some times there is the way you just came and the way yu are going and no other way.

I know I racked up a lot of experiences, and to the point I would be lucky if anyone even believed all the nonsence, but I don't lie. My father an x WW-2 submariner, hated hand guns with predjudiced, but was a hunter a long gun owner, and so I was raised around his guns in his un-locked closet.

My first hand gun as the result of being raised that were more items of being curious than anything else, and usually ended up as hunting type hand guns. These are very large frame, long barrel weapons totally unsuitable for concealed carry.

Things like Ruger Super Blackhawk with barrels around 8 inches long, making one fit a shoulder holster means it is tucked deep into the arm pit and the muzzel ends up at your hip bone.

Well crime came to Sawyer River, just up the road from Bartlett NH. With in a months time in the early 80's 2 couples were rape/murdered in the forest. Since i packed my infant son on my back hiking, and x-c skiing a lot, I took to 'packin' that big heater, so we wouldn't end up rape/murdered too. So far as I know these 2 cases are still un-solved, but the victims are still as dead.

I am not sure about being dead since I haven't tried it yet, but I don't think I will like it much, so I aim to stay alive untill my time comes.

The point is I hiked up Nancy Brook Trail to the height of land with my son in my pack. Up there were 8 side walk commandos, a term for young biker looking people that don't own a motorcycle.

What in jumpin blue blazes they were doin' up there is past my understanding, other than drinking beers. I knodded but never spoke upon seeing them off the trail, counted how many, saw bud cans, lots of chains and black leather, and kept on truckin.

I felt one stand up, enter the trail behind me, but wasn't thinking on it much. I just knew he was coming from behind, untill he did speak and said "That kid will look better with his head bashed on that tree.'

There was apx 24 feet between us, or 8 paces of mine. I turned to face him, and he stopped walking, to stare at me. I didn't see any weapons, but that didn't mean he didn't have any.

I was in a mild shock trying to decide if what I heard was real or not. I hadn't said a word, my son wasn't able to talk at his wee age, other than say mamma dadda and assorted other baby talk.

The stare didn't stop, and my mind began to race with just how bad I was out numbered if the rest of these guys got involved. I had that big gun, and it had 5 bullets, and I had no more.

It didn't look good if things got physical. I can't fight well wearing a back pack with a infant inside it. The pack contained foods, diapers, other assorted clothing and so it made relly running out of the question as well.

So I decided to end it right now as best i could and still never speaking i motioned my hand to the grips on the Ruger, but stopped just short of touching it. I wanted my aggressor to see it and size up the situation for himself. He did, but was controlled in his looking, so made no big silver dollar eyes or anything I could read, but simply dropped the idea and turned to walk back to where he came from.

I figure I saved his life. my life, my sons, and that guys 7 other buddies.

Not liking this much, I continued that way I had planned instead of turn back. I went apx 1/4 mile and off the trail too, to see if any were going to follow. I waited around 3-/45 minutes and no one showed up so I continued. I had seen not one other vehical where I parked, so there was no way to have known anyone was ahead of me on the trail, and no way to inform the cops. This was well before cell phone.

That was the last time I went hiking with out a proper cc gun. But still I remained stupid and didn't carry every day 24/7 like now. That lesson came harsher in Easter 99, as stated before in this thread. No authorities will dis-arm me with out someone not going home for dinner.

Then no authorites seem to figure I am armed, and no one else does unless i tell them, and I don't tell face to face. Since full time carry not once has anyone even suspected I am armed, and I plan to keep it that way.

Once and it is another story, I had to tell the authorities I was armed, but then they never saw with what. I was stuck between a rock and a hard place, a fairly well known activist stated on the RADIO, that he and 20 armed men were coming to remove all the whites from a private and particular location. I had ended up there the day before so I wasn't any part of it, but I was busted up pretty good with a battered motorcycle and 3 broken ribs. Cops came to protect these 'whites', all females except me. My wife was asked if she had any weapons, and her reply outside my hearing was 'You might need to speak with my husband.'

The police and me had a wee talk, and I was allowed to alledgedly remain armed.
You carry 24/7? What if you are taking a shower, having a hot tub, having sex, having a medical examination. What if you are at a job that doesn't allow employees to carry firearms? What if you want to take a plane somewhere, cross the boarder into Canada, or put a bathing suit on at the beach.....do you stink a gun down the front of your suit? Sounds a little goofy to me

Old 11-11-2010, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor
You carry 24/7? What if you are taking a shower, having a hot tub, having sex, having a medical examination.... or put a bathing suit on at the beach.....do you stick a gun down the front of your suit? Sounds a little goofy to me
Must be a Glock then...

Old 11-11-2010, 07:40 AM

I shower with a stainless steel weapon at hand, and rotate out the ammo once a week.
I refuse to fly anywhere, all the time. I never wear suits, and own just one tie for funerals, but still own no suits. I wear clean jeans to funerals a decent shirt, that tie and a sport coat with some wicked tall dress boots.

I don't do hot tubs, but have installed a few.

Medical exams the weapon is in my jeans. Sleeping and during sex the weapons is on the night stand in plain view.

I am self employeed, but would refuse any job that I could not carry at. No one knows I carry unless I tell them anyway.

I have taken weapons to Canada many times. If you consider flintlocks and bayonets weapons.

So far I find I can not enter a court of LAW armed, so I lock the weapon in my car, and once I had a little problem at the Pentagon. (go figure)

My weapons don't stink anywhere

IMO the system of injustice is failed. IMO so much as I need to know, Easter 1999 when my elderly father in law and his 2nd lawyer wife were stabbed to death in the teens of times each, to die in the gutters of their street, not 3 blocks away from the cop shop, is just all the proof I need.

I may reconsider after the system is fixed. but until then I will do for me and mine. Thxs.

In my world God is first, I come next. Any other so-called authority is well down on that list.

That little event called double MURDER took a vast toll on my life and the way I view things. It made it very personal.

It did not make me a big bad guy, and I am known to be amoungst the first to offer any assistance of any kind I can when I find anyone in stress. Mostly that works out for stranded motor vehicalist, who never have a clue i am armed either.

Also as there was a bad fire in Ossipee recently, well 2 fires I have assisted one family with labor, cleaning another place in the dooryard to make it safer for children, the other just money. Both with in sight of each other on the old Rt 16 B loop.

(on edit) There are a few places my weapons are locked in a vehical just near by, usually these involve a historical natured video shoot, where that character hasn't very much clothing, but has weapons at hand of a far time of the past. Usually I know there will be several other people, and all in some remote location, video crews, director, script writter.

Being threatened by some mug isn't very likey to happen, and if it did, the mug just might find him self staked to the ground so I could caress him. I would almost enjoy such an occason, since I have only so far been able to read about such things, and to be able to experiment in a setting of no less than 250 years ago to 10,000 years back would be highly educational
.................................................. .

Nope I never had a glock yet. I am a switches and levers sort of guy. 1911ish, unless a wheel gun works (wheel gun = revolver)

The closest thing I have to a glock is a EEA Witness which has a partial plastic frame. These don't make great head lines, but the gun is pretty nice just the same. I find it a bit too wide to carry since it has that double stack mag set up. I bought it to check out semi plastic guns.

It is still heavy loaded, as I said too wide to suit me, it runs double action on the first shot if it is set up that way, which is nice, but after the first shot goes to single action, unless a cap needs to be struck again. So far it has preformed with out flaw. If it was thinner I might carry it.

Last edited by Mac_Muz; 11-11-2010 at 07:50 AM..

Old 11-11-2010, 02:18 PM

1911's and wheel guns are just fine Mac;

Squeeze, and they always go bang.
Same goes for Glocks. I was never one for em, never believed in the plastic fantastic, till I took the Armorers course. Only 35 parts, and like a wheelgun or 1911, they too always go bang...thing is, they are just simple. i let them grow on me, and now, short of my 1911's and wheel guns, I've replaced them all with Glocks.

If you get a chance, give them a try.

Old 11-11-2010, 03:34 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,700,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I shower with a stainless steel weapon at hand, and rotate out the ammo once a week.
I refuse to fly anywhere, all the time. I never wear suits, and own just one tie for funerals, but still own no suits. I wear clean jeans to funerals a decent shirt, that tie and a sport coat with some wicked tall dress boots.

I don't do hot tubs, but have installed a few.

Medical exams the weapon is in my jeans. Sleeping and during sex the weapons is on the night stand in plain view.

I am self employeed, but would refuse any job that I could not carry at. No one knows I carry unless I tell them anyway.

I have taken weapons to Canada many times. If you consider flintlocks and bayonets weapons.

So far I find I can not enter a court of LAW armed, so I lock the weapon in my car, and once I had a little problem at the Pentagon. (go figure)

My weapons don't stink anywhere

IMO the system of injustice is failed. IMO so much as I need to know, Easter 1999 when my elderly father in law and his 2nd lawyer wife were stabbed to death in the teens of times each, to die in the gutters of their street, not 3 blocks away from the cop shop, is just all the proof I need.

I may reconsider after the system is fixed. but until then I will do for me and mine. Thxs.

In my world God is first, I come next. Any other so-called authority is well down on that list.

That little event called double MURDER took a vast toll on my life and the way I view things. It made it very personal.

It did not make me a big bad guy, and I am known to be amoungst the first to offer any assistance of any kind I can when I find anyone in stress. Mostly that works out for stranded motor vehicalist, who never have a clue i am armed either.

Also as there was a bad fire in Ossipee recently, well 2 fires I have assisted one family with labor, cleaning another place in the dooryard to make it safer for children, the other just money. Both with in sight of each other on the old Rt 16 B loop.

(on edit) There are a few places my weapons are locked in a vehical just near by, usually these involve a historical natured video shoot, where that character hasn't very much clothing, but has weapons at hand of a far time of the past. Usually I know there will be several other people, and all in some remote location, video crews, director, script writter.

Being threatened by some mug isn't very likey to happen, and if it did, the mug just might find him self staked to the ground so I could caress him. I would almost enjoy such an occason, since I have only so far been able to read about such things, and to be able to experiment in a setting of no less than 250 years ago to 10,000 years back would be highly educational
.................................................. .

Nope I never had a glock yet. I am a switches and levers sort of guy. 1911ish, unless a wheel gun works (wheel gun = revolver)

The closest thing I have to a glock is a EEA Witness which has a partial plastic frame. These don't make great head lines, but the gun is pretty nice just the same. I find it a bit too wide to carry since it has that double stack mag set up. I bought it to check out semi plastic guns.

It is still heavy loaded, as I said too wide to suit me, it runs double action on the first shot if it is set up that way, which is nice, but after the first shot goes to single action, unless a cap needs to be struck again. So far it has preformed with out flaw. If it was thinner I might carry it.
Ok I see you are paranoid and goofy! Hahaha!!!!

Old 11-11-2010, 04:41 PM

Aptor, yeah you could say it that way. Is there something wrong with paranoid? being so saves my hide more often than not. Today I was splitting some nasty burl wood and i was very paranoid. I tend to like my fingers and toes where they are.

I was running a pro saw too, and for that I wear the right gear, since getting a little cut on any of my saws, means death. i would bleed out bone dry before i could drive or be driven to any hospitals around here.

Because I am paranoid i didn't hit a Moose last Nov 1st at 10pm.

Goofy you bet. You can bank on it. I see no reason to be a simple sheep when I can be a complicated sheep instead. In order to put me in a pigeon hole you need about 10,000 years of pigeon holes.

Since yer a nawthn' NH Boy, you can come see. Mark on yer calandar Muster In the Mountains, for the last weekend in Sept in 2011. Drive to the Mt Washington Auto Rd and ask fer Mac. The event is open to the public for free. There I will be living between 1756 and 1840 sometime, depending on weather, what I feel like on a given day and if I happen to have any beard or not.

You can ask just about anyone there for me and someone will know my lodge. I have been to most of these for the past 30 years. This one is as old as I am almost. It's the 50th' I was just 8 when they had the first one.

There I will have atleast a .45 apc weapon, several flinters, some hawks, some knives maybe fer sale even, and a whole bunch more fuferaw.

If i am in paint you will want some drinking water and a hand full of valium.

I am not responcible if you have bad nightmares for the rest of yer life.

First guy that walks up to me and says Hi goofy, I will feed fir the day too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire