Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2011, 06:03 AM

2,649 posts, read 3,544,715 times

Advertisements

I had a pretty rough night trying to get a comfortable sleep last night ( new mattress issues ) so the bike was going to be out of question today, I tend to listen to my spidey senses when it comes to this and I believe it has helped keep me alive.. I'll save you the long version, but between the looneys and my own goof ups it was good that I did. No no crashes would have happened between the looneys and me, but not I am so certain of my own directional based errors..in areas I have ridden in hundreds of times no less.

Anyway after a good hearty breakfast

we took the new addition and it performed admirably but I noticed a hesitation while starting it once, so it needs to be checked this week

My main goal was to return to the Prentis covered bridge

the smallest covered bridge in New Hampshire

Along the way and after a series of wrong turns and messed up bearings I got a chance to snap this in a a now forgotten small NH town..Being it Memorial day weekend, I'd say it fits.

and a nice babbling brook

Lindas shot of the Prentis.

I crossed a good amount of muck and mire to get this shot

We the headed to Cornish, ended up in Vermont illegally un-buckled ( sorry I ain't stopping to buckle no stupid seat belts ) and finally crossing over the very bridge we were headed to next.

The Cornish-Windsor

Lindas view

While there I got a shot of a couple of passing bikes that I liked

Then it was on to the Dingleton and Blacksmith bridges that are right down the road

It was hard to get a good shot of the Dingleton because of angle and light but I kind of like this one

the Blacksmith like the Prentis is now unused. It was adorned with faded flags

By that time we were getting hungry so we stopped at the Stuck in the Fifties diner in Newport for a foot long cheese dog and a Buddy Holly burger

Yes they really car hop..no skates though..

Shades made Buddy Holly cool

lots of soft serve flavors, if you preferred hard pack ice cream they serve
Shaines of Maine.. don't ask me why a NH ice cream stand would serve ice cream from Maine..but.. then again I prefer Giffords of Maine so what do I know?

Lindas doggone dog

all in all, bike or no bike, great day

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2011, 08:32 AM

3,034 posts, read 9,139,717 times
the leaves are out! just got back from Maine. The leaves are still coming out..... cold, wet, foggy.

Love the little bridge. I've never seen that before.

Old 05-30-2011, 12:24 PM

181 posts, read 305,774 times
Nice pics, Dave. Thanks.

Old 05-31-2011, 05:09 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Thanks, Dave. All the really good pictures makes not being able to ride the Kawasaur a bit less frustrating.

Old 05-31-2011, 06:26 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Ridin' in a cage didn't do a thing fer yer looks Dave..... See ya at bike week I guess....

Old 06-02-2011, 04:43 AM

38 posts, read 70,845 times
Love your pics!! Thank you!!

Old 06-05-2011, 06:18 AM

586 posts, read 1,506,558 times
Ah - you found the 50s diner - a local fave around here. GREAT pics as always - thanks for sharing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire