Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 03:25 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,957,964 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

I was just curious if New Hampshire has any good Ghost stories or Haunted Houses?? I love to read ghost stories or go to haunted sites. In So Cali, we have the Winchester House (not really in So Cali, more North), The Queen Mary, lots of Ghost Towns from the old gold rush days..New England is known for its haunted sites. I havent really read any from New Hampshire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2007, 03:50 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,177,964 times
Hi Suzet - check out these links from past posts <g>

Ghosts!
Anyone ever stay at Thayer's Inn in Littleton?

Old 08-09-2007, 04:34 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,957,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by windchimes03561 View Post
Hi Suzet - check out these links from past posts <g>

Ghosts!
Anyone ever stay at Thayer's Inn in Littleton?
Thanks so much windchimes. Haha, with so many threads here, I am sure people re-ask the same questions over and over.

Old 08-09-2007, 04:37 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,177,964 times
They do - sometimes seeing the "old threads" will trigger someone's memory as well <g>.

When we first moved here, the house we rented had "otherwordly guests" - I don't remember now if I posted about that, but if I didn't and you want to know about it, just give a yell <g>

Old 08-09-2007, 05:09 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
There are a couple of restaurants in the S NH area that boast a ghost. Even the newspapers have covered the stories.

Old 08-09-2007, 05:20 PM

1,451 posts, read 2,491,224 times
Its soo funny that you brought up this thread. Just the other day I went to the Woodlawn Cemetery here in Keene. I had a bit of an unusual experience that I wrote about in my journal today. .Here's the entry

"Then today I took a venture into the cemetary. It looked interesting and I've been kinda wanting to check it out. Its huge and really old. The oldest I've seen so far is 1800's but I know there are more. It was really creepy at one point I was in the cemetary all by myself, it was drizzling and grey out. Dead silence. I walked down this hill towards the forest , i saw these two little graves side by side all by themselves. As I was walking towards them down the gravel path I swore I heard footsteps right behind me.. I kept walking knowing I heard them but I didn't turn around. I stopped at the grave and it was like one extra step was taken after mine stopped.. It was creepy for sure and I dunno if my mind was playing tricks on me or what. But I def. wanna go back. The two graves were of two children one died at 5 or 6 and i couldn't tell the other cause the dates had been washed off, but they died in the early 1800's"

(Thats the e-mail i sent to my mother in law just a couple of days ago.)

I wasn't scared but it was uncomfortable to say the least. I continued to walk towards the graves and as I took my last step onto the grass infront of the graves I know I heard 1 extra step behind me on the gravel. At this point I turned around, nothing. I stood at the graves for a while and just looked at them. . Anywho I stood there for a while but I felt uncomfortable after a couple mins and I needed to leave.

K so after all of that this is the thread I found today. It creeped me out a bit I suppose but at the same time I was like hmmm maybe it wasn't in my head.......

Woodlawn Cemetery Keene New Hampshire - Sumner Knight Chapel - The whole area near the Knight Chapel is a major hotspot. The chapel itself is home to a very unhappy spirit and it's presence is almost overwhelmingly strong as you get within 15 feet of the Chapel. Near the chapel is the spirit of a little girl who will sneak around and peer from behind trees at you and on voice recorders you can get sounds of a girl giggling. You have to go away from the Chapel to encounter her. Warning, do not curse in front of the Chapel. There is a spirit who will wash your mouth out with soap if you do. Several people have documented the taste of soap in their mouths and others can smell the soap (Similar to Ivory Bar Soap in my opinion) on the breaths of the victims

Old 08-11-2007, 09:07 PM

32 posts, read 128,402 times
When we were in Concord a few months ago, a teenage girl in a Friendly's shop told us NOT to move to Bow, because there was a ghost there. Also, houses there apparently disappeared by themselves. As of yet, we have not visited Bow to confirm or disprove this report

Old 08-11-2007, 10:34 PM

450 posts, read 558,221 times
well I think I believe in ghosts as my money and various other things seem to get moved or disappear quite a lot

Now I've asked the misses and kids when this happens and they said no

so hopefully if I get to move to NH then I'll tell you if the ghost followed us

Old 08-12-2007, 08:52 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,491,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remember-voltaire View Post
well I think I believe in ghosts as my money and various other things seem to get moved or disappear quite a lot

Now I've asked the misses and kids when this happens and they said no

so hopefully if I get to move to NH then I'll tell you if the ghost followed us
OMG I think the same ghost is haunting me!!!! It followed me up here, and brought a klepto friend with him.. Its double duty now!!

Old 08-12-2007, 11:33 AM
JMX

313 posts, read 1,175,380 times
The Mount Washington Hotel, built by Joseph and Carolyn Stickney in the early 1900's, is reportedly haunted by "The Princess", as Mrs. Stickney was known.

The Beal House Inn in Littleton is also reported to be haunted, according to this website:
Haunted Hotels and Inns of New Hampshire
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire