Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 07:45 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,196,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
What is the reasoning with grass fed beef. I always thoughe corn fed beef tasts better. All the beef raised in Florida i believe is grass fed and really didnt have much taste to it.

Hi Ken,

Please check out "King Corn" on You Tube, its a documentary, that will open up your eyes. Everything seems to have corn in, its in the beef you eat (unless you eat grass fed beef, which is how cows are meant to eat in the first place) It makes them sick, because it is not natural for them at all.
The corn is in the high fructose corn syrup in your ketchup, and almost in every label you read. Corn syrup & or high fructose corn syrup, is a cheaper substitute for sugar,and not healthy at all...The stuff is in candies, sauces, ketchup,etc.

On top of everything, the majority of corn we eat in the US is genetically modified with a pesticed inside thanks to Monsanto
Its getting harder & harder to get organic corn, because, even if a farmer refuses to use non genetically modified corn, if his neighbor uses the GMO stuff from Monsanto, his crops will eventually be contaminated.

So, the beef, the eggs, milk, cheese, and everything else, you can trace genetically modified corn in it in some way. And that might explain the increase in allergies across different age groups. Some people can handle it better than others. Again, cows were not deisgned to eat GENETICALLY MODIFIED corn from MONSANTO!

When you watch the documentary, you will see how these two people
were tested (they examined their hair in a lab) and all it had was CORN in it.
Even though they had eaten different foods Even the farmers growing the junk stated that they do not want to eat this horrible GMO corn, they grow it, because its subsidized by the government

In my humble opinion, "Granite Stater" is right.
I hope you get the chance to check out this documentary, I will see if I can post the link.

So, YES, grass fed beef is better for all of us!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 07:02 AM

3,712 posts, read 11,032,208 times
Hi Country! nice to see you on here (and it's not a birthday!). One note/update on Monsanto: a friend of mine works for USDA, and while she mostly works in the fruit/veggie section rather than the seed section, she did tell me that Monsanto is having problems because their seed isn't working well. it's too hybridized. So many people are going to heritage seed. actually that's happening in a lot of the fruit/veggie world as the GM seed doesn't reproduce well. All the better for us.

In the meantime, Monsanto does still try it's hijinx of trying to sue farmers whose crops were wind-dusted by a neighbor's crop, or spraying pesticide over a field where the farmer didn't use Monsanto seed.....

Old 04-02-2012, 05:56 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
FWIW - I just saw a show where a guy in Maine is growing 25 kinds of potatoes!

Old 04-03-2012, 01:09 AM

21 posts, read 60,236 times
Default prime rib

I second the Market Basket recc. however, if you ever do venture a little further south, I would also highly reccomend you check out Mckinnons in Salem. They have EVERYTHING you could possibly want. Meat is high quality, little pricey bit worth it. Also, as a side note, if ever you venture just slightly further south :-) there is a butcher in Dracut Ma. Right on the border that has ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC MEAT!!!! It is called Brown and Budnicks, I have yet to get a bad anything from there, everything has been top notch. They have several different marinated meats as well. They will cut any size steak off the side of beef for you. I usually have them cut NY about 2 inches thick. All their meat is run through a tenderizing machine and you can just about cut it with a fork. It's family run, and they are really nice people. I've even had my deer cut there!! If you do happen south, it is DEFINITELY worth the stop.... It is on Route 38 in dracut mass about a mile south of teh Pelham NH border. Happy eatin!!!!

Old 04-04-2012, 06:36 AM

817 posts, read 2,188,243 times
My truck had to go in the shop yesterday, so my meat shopping is on hold for a couple days. I did ask at Market basket and the kid told me they usually don't have the traditional standing rib roast, but his manager might be able to cut it that way for me. He didn't know if it would be choice or select cut or what. I should've stopped at Hannaford, since it was right nearby, but it was late and I was sick of shopping.

I thought about the Smith farm, but I'd want to try that Highlander beef before I splurged on a prime rib. If it's anything like Angus, I don't care for it at all. I grew up eating Angus too, but it just tastes bad to me now.

Wish I had a freezer to hold 1/2 a beefer, but I'm in a rental place for now and only have the refrigerator freezer. I had 2 freezers in our house in NY and we usually had a whole pig and a few deer in it every year, plus chickens and turkeys that we raised. Didn't eat much beef then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire