Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 11:23 AM

2,649 posts, read 3,550,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
If we drew a line east to west at manch and gave that part of NH to Mass which mass seems to want anyway, Mass would get 99% of the criminals in NH.....

Up in the north country there isn't much to take a criminal wants, unless the criminal is a land greedy politician.

All of this is nothing more than a greed and power base control. The issue is man kind never having enough.. Oh well....

Have to disagree with you Mac.. most of the violent crimes, murders and home invasions are happening in the more rural areas. I actually feel safer in Manchester then the woods these days
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 02:12 PM

491 posts, read 1,374,536 times
Here is an article describing how one of these systems works, FYI.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:48 PM

196 posts, read 276,515 times
Quote:
We are moving more towards a police state everyday but most people do not care.
Correction - most people are too stupid to realize it. Or (if you are nicer than me, which you probably are) most people are too naive to understand what is actually happening.

We will have to hit a rock bottom before masses will start doing anything about it

Old 01-08-2013, 08:44 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,341,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedme View Post
Correction - most people are too stupid to realize it. Or (if you are nicer than me, which you probably are) most people are too naive to understand what is actually happening.

We will have to hit a rock bottom before masses will start doing anything about it
I agree with you-we will have to hit rock bottom before the sheeple realize what has happened. It will be too late then.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:10 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,885,779 times
Default Sheeple condsideration

Have any of you ever considered that a nanny state providing police protection from violence is exactly what the law abiding peaceful people want? That they like having “On Star” available for help on the road. They would not miss the "freedom" they never used and do not care what you may have had.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:06 AM

611 posts, read 1,207,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by avlis13013 View Post
Here is an article describing how one of these systems works, FYI.
Thank you for the link, Avlis. The article paints it out to look like a great tool...and I imagine it could be. My concerns are twofold. First, each unit cost just over $16,000 and of course there is the cost of training and any equipment needed at each police station. I do not see much of a benefit/cost ratio there, especially in the more rural areas of the state. Second, the fact that the system stores all of the data for an indefinite to be defined by each precinct is concerning. Yes, I know...I have nothing to hide but it just seems that we are on camera constantly. At the ATM, in the gas station, I have cameras flashing at me at stoplights, the list goes on and on. I hear they have even used EZ pass scans in court cases. I feel like I should just go ahead and get my barcode stamped on my forehead.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Have any of you ever considered that a nanny state providing police protection from violence is exactly what the law abiding peaceful people want? That they like having “On Star” available for help on the road. They would not miss the "freedom" they never used and do not care what you may have had.

and that is the saddest part of all.. but they will only like it for a season

Old 01-08-2013, 03:23 PM

19,023 posts, read 26,006,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
Have to disagree with you Mac.. most of the violent crimes, murders and home invasions are happening in the more rural areas. I actually feel safer in Manchester then the woods these days
You might want to look up murders in carrol county before you say that.. Still not much happens out here except for grass still grows.

Only murder in recent memory was a drug dead gone bad.. Don't care much about that either..

That's what happens to druggies.. They know it, you know it, I know it. It's what happens.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
You might want to look up murders in carrol county before you say that.. Still not much happens out here except for grass still grows.

Only murder in recent memory was a drug dead gone bad.. Don't care much about that either..

That's what happens to druggies.. They know it, you know it, I know it. It's what happens.
And yet our most notorious mass killer came from where now? Grafton county I think? I love the north country , I love rural NH period, but I have seen the changes and they ain't good friend. It may not be everywhere in a large degree yet, it may still be in the shadows in some sections, but it is there.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:01 PM

19,023 posts, read 26,006,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
And yet our most notorious mass killer came from where now? Grafton county I think? I love the north country , I love rural NH period, but I have seen the changes and they ain't good friend. It may not be everywhere in a large degree yet, it may still be in the shadows in some sections, but it is there.
I agree there..... I am happy to be of the last generation which I believe you are too. That of the last golden years after WW-2.

I don't like this 21st century a bit.. I don't want to go on this ride.... Until the mid 80's i felt no need to be armed all the time like i do now.

People from away have mostly brought crime to NH....

I am not sure who you mean came from Grafton..

In riding season I do keep an eye out for you..... One of these days i will see a walking hair ball, and stop to say hi to you..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire