Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 06:39 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,326,769 times

Advertisements

Has anyone flown southwest since they implemented the new boarding? I always check in 24 hours before and get in the low A's like 1-10. I checked in exactly 24 hours before this morning and got A-31 I do know that they are reserving some A's for the higher business fair. I want to know anyones' experience. I really wish Manchester would get another non-stop carrier to Florida like Spirit.

Thanks,

Nicole
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2007, 06:55 AM

234 posts, read 1,269,958 times
Spirit would be nice. I am trying Skybus out of Portsmouth later in January - it should be interesting.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leggo View Post
Spirit would be nice. I am trying Skybus out of Portsmouth later in January - it should be interesting.
I wanted to try Skybus but it was already sold out. Please, if you don't mind, post about Skybus after you fly.

Thanks,

Nicole

Old 12-06-2007, 07:06 AM

3,712 posts, read 11,033,730 times
I just flew SW last weekend - they are the only non-stop between Baltimore & Manchester. I'm lucky right now: I pre-board, so I don't need to worry about their numbering system. which is a good thing, since I only have computer access at home and not when I travel - so I can't check in ahead of time! and apparently you can't check in over the phone.

I just don't see what the difference is between numbering everyone for the order they walk onto the plane, and giving assigned seating.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaComeHome View Post
I just flew SW last weekend - they are the only non-stop between Baltimore & Manchester. I'm lucky right now: I pre-board, so I don't need to worry about their numbering system. which is a good thing, since I only have computer access at home and not when I travel - so I can't check in ahead of time! and apparently you can't check in over the phone.

I just don't see what the difference is between numbering everyone for the order they walk onto the plane, and giving assigned seating.

I wish they would just go to assigned seating. I know that they claim people like to pick their seats but can't they set it up like other airlines-Us Air, etc, where when you book your flight you get to choose your seat then? I guess it might cost a lot of $$ to change their computer system.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:25 AM

793 posts, read 3,121,873 times
Southwest's new seating system is odd, but I see it advantageous to some who don't want to be stuck sitting next to a screaming child, just as an example. Also while lagging in hubs, Southwest is by far and away the best airline in business. Never an issue, nary a delay. Because of my destination not being serviced, I had to deal with US Air twice in the past year and it has been nothing short of a disaster each time. Last month in Manchester I missed a funeral thanks to a 3 hr delay which turned into a canceled flight. It was pulling teeth just to get some sort of voucher afterwards.
Talk about night and day and only Jet Blue comes close to the excellence I've experienced time after time with Southwest.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:24 PM

450 posts, read 557,819 times
skybus is great as it has a new service to st augustine airport 4 miles away from my house, it's also very cheap, the seats are bigger than average not that I have a massive arse and need them to be.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:51 PM

407 posts, read 1,558,678 times
I fly southwest between MHT and BWI all the time, and although it took a little getting used to, I have to admit I like the new boarding system. I believe you are correct, that A1-A15 are reserved for the Business Plus folks, so the lowest you'll tend to get is A16 or something similar... but since there are usually not a whole lot of the BP folks, it's moot. You don't have to queue up really early, either, and can enjoy those comfy plastic seats in the waiting area for a bit longer. I saw that some folks would prefer the assigned seating, but I agree with the person who said it's better to choose your seat when you get on the plane... if there is a window seat closer to the front (yes, there is always that person that sits in row #2 in the aisle seat and spreads their stuff across the seats, but a polite "Is that seat taken?" gets you where you want to be...) AND you can choose to sit near folks with children .... or NOT!
I've been trapped on United or US Air between Dulles and MHT or Boston, and if I'm lucky I get home only 3 or 4 hours late ... without my luggage. I'll take Southwest anytime!

Old 12-07-2007, 11:38 PM

354 posts, read 1,273,143 times
Interesting about the new system. I take SW Tampa-Manchester non stop all the time. Wouldn't fly with anyone else unless I had to. Coming to Mass/NH I would always fly to MHT. I rave about it to my relatives. Some choose to go to Boston via JetBlue (I hear they are good) but I hate Logan. I told them that MHT has a free bus from Woburn to MHT. One relative just switched from Sarasota-Boston on various airlines that always messed it up. This time he went TPA-MHT non-stop. got ther 10 mins early... A SW trade mark. I've only had one severly delayed SW flight from MHT and I think they cranked up the jets cause they made up some time on the down flight. Also last flight of the night is rarely full. We usually have a row to yourself and get the pick of the bigger rental cars. I always get a compact but they're out late at night so they have to give you a big car...

Old 12-09-2007, 05:42 AM

117 posts, read 485,794 times
I wish SW would go to a few more cities. I have young adults in 3 different cities and only one of them is conveniently close to SW. They rarely have delays and decent prices. I also wish Skybus would have a few more destinations would like to try them sometime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire