Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 08:32 AM

15 posts, read 14,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
The Indeed.com website lists only 1 opening in all of NH for a water utility position and that's in Concord. The greater Boston, MA area where jobs of all kinds are plentiful also lists only one job directly related to a water utility- a water meter installer. See link.

Water Utility Jobs, Employment in Boston, MA | Indeed.com

Unless you and hubby have other marketable skills, you're going to have a hard time finding decent paying jobs. Note: Animal shelter workers are usually volunteers.
I've found several water jobs by looking directly at districts. I just found one in Plymouth actually. And there's quite a few websites that list water jobs by region also. I think a better search title would be water distribution, treatment, or operations. The utility/management education would have acting as a supervisor for a city/town/county district. Hope that makes sense.

As far my background, I have experience in private vet clinics too. I likely wouldn't be taking on jobs as a licensed tech since I don't think veterinary or tech licenses transfer to other states. In all honestly, if I chose to work it would a part time gig... Heck, the best money I ever made was waitressing so that's always an option no matter where you go.

Thanks for the input.

Last edited by Nsmancino; 08-08-2016 at 08:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2016, 11:20 AM

5,301 posts, read 6,181,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsmancino View Post
I've found several water jobs by looking directly at districts. I just found one in Plymouth actually.
Is that Plymouth, NH or Plymouth, MA? I would just add to what I posted earlier. People who work for municipal water and/or sewer utilities are generally very well paid with the usual assortment of benefits. Because of this, most job openings are advertised internally (as per union rules) and filled quickly.

Have you looked into non-municipal, private water utilities like Aquarion and American Water Works? Also companies that specialize in treating well water that has contaminant problems (very common in parts of NH) like Allied Clearwater?

Old 08-08-2016, 11:39 AM

540 posts, read 589,471 times
Quote:
We're just outside of Escondido! What area of NH are you going to?
How great to hear from someone making the same journey.
That's so funny. We were down in Escondido to buy a truck about a month ago and just drove through again last week going to do the Sea World thing.
We are looking at Concord/Manchester and surrounding areas as we need to be close to a major hospital for work. Spent about 10 days out there last October checking it out in person and really enjoyed ourselves.
Have you been to NH in person yet?

Old 08-08-2016, 12:22 PM

15 posts, read 14,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dross99_si View Post
That's so funny. We were down in Escondido to buy a truck about a month ago and just drove through again last week going to do the Sea World thing.
We are looking at Concord/Manchester and surrounding areas as we need to be close to a major hospital for work. Spent about 10 days out there last October checking it out in person and really enjoyed ourselves.
Have you been to NH in person yet?
No we haven't. I'd love to go visit as soon as we can.

Old 08-10-2016, 06:28 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,991,123 times
Quote:
So far New Hampshire seems to be at the top of our list. Although we are open to Colorado, Oregon, Washington, all of New England and possibly Utah.
I'd pick Utah. Nice state.

New Hampshire would be the last choice of mentioned states.

But do check the heroin usage of all states. Vermont and New Hampshire have a serious heroin problem.

Old 08-10-2016, 07:43 AM

26,411 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
I'd pick Utah. Nice state.

New Hampshire would be the last choice of mentioned states.

But do check the heroin usage of all states. Vermont and New Hampshire have a serious heroin problem.
Utah has two extremes. The remote area of the state in which hardly anyone lives, The Wasatch Front, the overpopulated region with massive traffic, and St. George the retiree mecca in the SW corner. The state government is also a religious theocracy in case that matters. Washington state is a good choice in terms of overall quality of life, but I do prefer the Lakes Region of NH as well- Alton is easily commutable to the Seacoast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire