Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 05:05 PM

5 posts, read 41,841 times

Advertisements

nervous about moving to Milford,NH
My fiance and I are looking to move to Milford,NH. We presently live in Boston,MA. Which town in Boston would you compare Milford,NH to? I am very nervous about the diversity in the town and NH as a whole because we are African-American and there's a very low percentage of that in NH.

Thanks!

Last edited by Yac; 08-10-2006 at 12:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2006, 12:07 PM

409 posts, read 1,748,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by npeace
nervous about moving to Milford,NH
My fiance and I are looking to move to Milford,NH. We presently live in Boston,MA. Which town in Boston would you compare Milford,NH to? I am very nervous about the diversity in the town and NH as a whole because we are African-American and there's a very low percentage of that in NH. http://www.city-data.com/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif

Thanks!
That is also my concern about NH. I am AA and my husband is Mexican and we are so excited about relocating to NH. I have asked about this topic, but no one has answered my questions about it yet. Don't know if we will get a response. If I hear anything about it, I will let you know.

Old 08-10-2006, 12:42 PM

28 posts, read 132,128 times
Default no problem

People are more concerned with outsiders trying to change the lifestyle/culture/politics of the state. If you don't push a liberal agenda, be an authority on lifestyles, you will do fine not matter what color one may be...Live Free or Die and mean it....

Old 08-10-2006, 07:01 PM

409 posts, read 1,748,485 times
Thanks! I always though of NH as a democratic state...I guess I thought of all of New England that way. I'm glad I found this forum.

Old 08-11-2006, 10:43 AM

28 posts, read 132,128 times
Not sure what you mean by all of NE as democratic. If you mean Democrat, no, thank God New Hampshire has fought the disastrous results of the liberal machine agenda. Just look at Boston, Hartford and see what you get with the Progressive agenda...more government jobs, more poverty, more taxes. Why do you think people are flocking to NH from these states and others? To create the nightmare they are leaving or to escape it. I left CT as a tax/political refugee and encourage others to do the same to preserve one of the last Constitutionally correct states in the Union, and I make no apology for my love of freedom and the right to be left alone. NO Nanny State Here.....Yet

Old 08-11-2006, 09:10 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,311,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevdie
I am AA and my husband is Mexican
What is AA??? Alcoholic Anonymous?

Old 08-11-2006, 09:37 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,590,017 times
African American I'm guessing.

Old 08-14-2006, 10:33 PM

639 posts, read 3,527,877 times
I was wondering what AA meant myself, when I first read it I thought it was Alcoholics Anonymous and really thought that's what it meant, but may be, you're right? It probably means African American. I just never saw it referred to as AA like that, too funny! I live in N.H. and have lived her for close to 30 years, I came from the Boston area and went to school there, actually it was much more diverse there, unlike this State, so come on up here AA and hubby and integrate these yanks "up here" they're more liberal than you think, actually they're pretty hip as a matter of fact!

I'll be moving down the road to a different part of the country myself, see what a great country we live in? We can live anywhere we want to live and no ones stopping us. I love NE very much but I can't see myself here in 20 years due to the economy the way it is and also this brutal arthritis is really kicking in pretty bad and it's due to our cold wintery seasons year in and year out.

YO, besides that stuff, let me change the subject for a minute will you! I don't know who the previous poster was that stated about living in NH saying there's NO Wal-Mart, no AppleBee's, no Olive Garden, and no Lowe's and NO Home Depot, etc...because WE certainly have all those stores and restaurants up here and I don't know WHAT we'd do without them OR for that matter? I don't know what we did B4 without them! If I move to another part of the country? They just BETTER have these stores and these types of restaurants, ya hear me out there? GOOD listen up okay? New Hampshire might be woodsy, artsy and farty but we know our bargains when we see them and we love all of these places, every one of them and then some, trust me. Corporate, Middle and Upper America is thriving and going strong up in the hills and valleys of New Hampshire, Live Free or Die? You Can Still Up Here! It's here to stay too, as long as there's stores like this around here, then there's JOBS! There's a strong thriving economy going strong and that sounds good in my book. I just wanted to make sure you guys knew that. As far as living in North Carolina? I'd consider it myself, but it's that humidity, I don't know about that weather all the time. I was thinking more like Colorado myself. I checked it all out and it sounds like my type of place, it's that front range area that I'm seriously looking at. It's very appealing and I like that fact that the snow disappears in a few days! I can handle that quite nicely! We've had our share of snow and snow storms, so Colorado here I come, it sounds like a plan, doesn't it to you?..

Last edited by CityGirl52; 08-14-2006 at 10:42 PM..

Old 08-16-2006, 01:38 PM

439 posts, read 721,417 times
North Carolina has some great scenary, mountains and seacoast. However away from the highlands in the western part of the state it is very hot and humid- which includes the states major towns and cities.

The southern culture is fine- but the people tend to dislike 'northerners' and outsiders to some degree, while in New England the population seems more tolerant.

Old 08-16-2006, 01:40 PM

439 posts, read 721,417 times
What has the right wing fascist agenda of Bush/Rove/Cheney brought us?
New Hampshire has voted blue in three of the last 4 elections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire