Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2023, 07:14 PM

3,269 posts, read 1,748,688 times

Advertisements

8 to 14 inches expected. I witnessed the pre-blizzard crush at Market Basket where is appears half the population of Manchester attempted to strip the shelves of milk, bread & eggs in preperation for the storm.

I used to wonder what it was about milk, bread & eggs which sent folks into such a tizzy. Well, I finally figgured things out. Turns out milk, bread and eggs are what's needed for the official blizzard breakfast of FRENCH TOAST ! Everybody's carbo-loading for the snowshoveiing marathon tomorrow! If this ain't your first blizzard you'll have some thick cut bacon too, so you'll have some energy for when the snowplow swings by and throws a three foot high berm across your formerly freshly dug out driveway.
Don't forget the maple syrup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2023, 07:38 AM

1,093 posts, read 1,058,760 times
Friday is my normal shopping day, so I was out in it. I used to shop on Saturdays, but figured out that Friday was less crowded.

Anyhow, decided to shop in Tilton instead of Plymouth. Big mistake as Tilton has a smaller MB and it was mobbed. Still, got the shopping done, wandered over to Walmart for other stuff. The Tilton Walmart had a bunch of extra stuff on clearance, and not in their normal clearance sections. Ended up picking up a bunch of Pemethrin on the back wall by sporting goods for cheap. I almost grabbed another couple cellular game cameras as they were heavily discounted as well.

anyways, back to the storm. I'm not sure why the news has been flipping out about it. Sure, it has been a late winter, but I've had over a foot and a half in the last two weeks and judging by my trailer(dual axle utility trailer) and the yard to the left, have well over two feet sitting on the ground still.

but it's definitely a good day to be happy I'm not working-I'll probably wait until Sunday morning to clear the snow.

Old 03-04-2023, 10:15 AM

3,269 posts, read 1,748,688 times
The media always overplays the severity of every storm. It's all for ratings. Points for the pic.

Old 03-04-2023, 10:17 AM

1,434 posts, read 667,304 times
We used to call it a snowstorm.

Old 03-04-2023, 02:54 PM

1,093 posts, read 1,058,760 times
Welp, I lied.

Just got done clearing it. Only 10" but heavy enough that I had to use first gear in the snowblower and I had to refill the gas tank.

Great timing too as when i got to the end of the driveway, the plow guy came for his final pass. Simple pleasures.

Old 03-05-2023, 11:30 AM

352 posts, read 225,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abnfdc View Post
Welp, I lied.

Just got done clearing it. Only 10" but heavy enough that I had to use first gear in the snowblower and I had to refill the gas tank.

Great timing too as when i got to the end of the driveway, the plow guy came for his final pass. Simple pleasures.

Yep...so heavy that I cleared twice (in a lower gear) and even the 4-5" I cleared each time was a bit of a struggle. The snow/slush was not flying very far.

Old 03-07-2023, 09:59 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,997,495 times
Overhyping seems to be the way to do storms lately, we got maybe half of what was predicted.
For future reference we have a weather sticky.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-...d-weather.html

Old 03-14-2023, 04:02 PM

7 posts, read 8,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
Overhyping seems to be the way to do storms lately, we got maybe half of what was predicted.
For future reference we have a weather sticky.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-...d-weather.html
Geez, here in Bradford we're 2ft and it's still come down pretty heavy. Was out there from 9 - 5:30 and will be going out again soon for a few more passes and break the wall created by the town plows. (1/4 mi driveway)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire