Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 07:03 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,306,149 times

Advertisements

just do like lukedady says and go to yankee candle and get the real tree smell candle. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 04:37 PM

3,034 posts, read 9,139,717 times
I hang real garlands and wreaths to get the aroma.

I have a hang up over killing a tree just to look pretty in the house for a couple of weeks. I tried a live tree with the rootball in a bucket, but it did not fare well in the house, although it IS still alive.

I used to do real trees all the time, but I got tired of picking up needles 6 months after the tree came down. The cats would constantly try to climb it and many times I came home to find it knocked over and the water soaked into the carpeting or ruining the wooden floors.

Soooo, to make a long story short, I purchased a fake tree from Wal-Mart a few years ago. It looks fake!!! It's white!!! but pre-lit with multi-color lights. I absolutely love it and the so does the rest of the family.

It's funny, but I worked with a bunch of artists a couple of years ago, and every one of us had a WHITE tree!! LOL must be something that attracts us.....

Old 06-30-2008, 04:54 PM

1,282 posts, read 3,704,126 times
I also do a fake tree - more economical for me - budget conscious as I am. I also agree about cutting down trees for a few days or weeks of pleasure. I also like to put up my tree the day after Thanksgiving - so it's enjoyed for the season - if I put up a real tree then, it'd be dead well before Christmas.

Oh and my fake is so "real" looking, I still pick up the needles from that for months later LOL

Old 06-30-2008, 05:15 PM

Talking real tree smeal tree. who needs it lmao

i just buy the yankee candle tree sent. oh my, i have the smell now and don't even need a tree ha ha ha. lol

Old 07-01-2008, 08:27 AM

179 posts, read 436,087 times
I love real trees. My problem is that I am terrified of a house fire. Three years ago we switched to an artificial tree so I could leave it up longer and have it lit all the time. It isn't the same though. This year, I think I'm going to go back to a real tree.... maybe.... hmmm....

Old 07-01-2008, 11:59 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,949,596 times
We always had a real tree, and went through the whole big deal... brought hot cocoa in thermos, bundled up the kids in snow pants, etc. went to the tree farm, found the perfect tree, cut it down, brought it home... when we moved to St. Louis, not as many tree farms, just didn't seem the same. We bought a big old fake tree when we were there (sort of fit the fake sort of cul-de-sac neighborhoods!) and have been using it ever since. I detest throwing things away until they are ready to be thrown, so I guess I'm stuck with this tree for several more years... I guess the good thing and bad thing about a fake tree is that it seems to last forever... (thank goodness for Yankee Candles!)

Old 07-02-2008, 07:45 AM

Talking Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ooow that smell

THANK GOD FOR YANKEE CANDLE. MMMMMMMM THEY SMELL SO NICCCEE

Old 07-02-2008, 11:48 AM

1,771 posts, read 5,067,185 times
Real, locally harvested at a sustainable tree-farm.

Reason: Experience (going to get it is "special"), smell, and environmental (as long as you buy local from a sustainably run farm then 20+ years of trees still result in less energy use/pollutants than making a fake tree/getting it to your house)

Part of the joy of Christmas for me was finding the right tree and even though we wish it hadn't been killed- we would then put it outside until spring as a winter shelter for little animals (even sprinkling bird seed into it).

Old 07-02-2008, 12:43 PM

758 posts, read 2,889,700 times
Hey everyone, guess what?...........................................

It's July, it's 80 degrees out, 6 whole months away from xmas, and almost the holiday weekend, and the discussion is about xmas trees???

sorry, couldn't resist

Old 07-02-2008, 01:15 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,949,596 times
s'OK fishn... come February, we'll be talking about what to cook on the grill, and what kind of convertible do you wish you had!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnfool View Post
Hey everyone, guess what?...........................................

It's July, it's 80 degrees out, 6 whole months away from xmas, and almost the holiday weekend, and the discussion is about xmas trees???

sorry, couldn't resist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire