Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 06:13 PM

132 posts, read 356,651 times

Advertisements

Well on vacation at least. We were thinking that we wouldn't/couldn't make it out to ME/NH until our move in 2012. Well that is way to long for me and I am sooooooooo homesick. My DH and I looked into going summer 2010 and it wasn't as bad (cost wise) as we had thought--- so we are making tentative plans. I am so excited to go home and see my family and friends. We are going to make every effort possible to make this trip happen.

While visiting my parents we are going to take a few days to drive around NH and gets some idea of where we would like to move to in 2012. My parents can watch the kids while DH and I can look around and see some friends also.

I am soooooooo happy!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 07:21 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,042,974 times
Hey, that's great Cindy!! glad you can come out before next year. So.. aside from family and friends, what/where are you planning on driving around?

Old 04-05-2009, 08:28 AM

Hi Wanna,

Well we will be looking for places to relocate to and the following towns are on our list: Exeter, Dover, Bedford and Hollis. We are looking for a nice town within an easy 30 minute commute to the major hospitals(Wentworth-Douglas, Portsmouth, Exeter and any in Manchester or Nashua). My DH is a CT Tech. These towns also need to have good school systems(for our 4 children) and for me as I am hoping to get a job in education when we arrive.

If we can get any other areas in we will try but time will be limited. My parents have volunteered to watch the kids-they live in Greene ME-while we take a little road trip to explore and plan. I know we are planning on going to Portsmouth also as our friend is the Radiology Director at Portsmouth Regional and my DH wants to go check it out.

In ME we will be all over visiting and exploring with the kids. I am going to try and get some cousins and their children together for a camping trip, probably to Lake Pamaquid as they have tons for the kids to do. I have a very very large family in ME (some in NH) and we always have a reunion when visiting so I look forward to seeing everyone.

I am hoping this trip will hold me over until we can make our move in 2012.

Old 04-05-2009, 07:15 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,856,155 times
If you are looking at Bedford and Hollis, look at Amherst as well. Excellent schools. Halfway between Nashua and Manchester.

Old 04-05-2009, 09:25 PM

Hollis has top notch schools, and is pretty easy to get to St Joseph's Hospital in Nashua. Glad you're checking it out!

Have a great time visiting in ME, always nice to get together with family I have a sister, her husband and daughter (and her husband) in ME running a small beef farm in Dresden.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:11 PM

Thanks Seamus-we'll put Amherst on our list as well.

Hey Wanna-Are they raising organic beef by chance? We don't eat a lot of beef but would like to find a good organic beef rancher to buy from when we move.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:43 PM

they can't afford true organic (by ME standards), but they raise natural beef. Organic level feed is too expensive, but they look for the best they can. apparently ME has strict requirements for the terms 'organic' and 'natural'. If a cow does get sick, they will give it antibiotics rather than have it infect the entire herd.. but then that cow is switched to the regular line.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:42 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,419,343 times
Cool Try Keene , Meredith/Laconia/Wolfeboro

Try Keene in the Monadnock region , and the Lake Winni area, Plymouth/Meredith/Laconia/ and Wolfeboro

-jeff--

P.S. while you're there you want to drive up to the white mountains and do the Kancamagus Highway and drive up the Mount Washington Auto Road :-) or take the Cog Railway

-jeff--
Winchester, MA

Old 04-09-2009, 12:44 PM

Hi Jeff, Thanks for the suggestions. We won't be doing too much sightseeing as this will be a relocation mission. I definitely look forward to enjoying all the natural beauty of NH once we get there and are settled in.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:11 PM

2 posts, read 5,066 times
Cindy - Bedford, Hollis, Amherst, Londonderry are all good choices. Plus, they're near Manchester, where you have a great airport, civic center, ballpark, restaurants, etc. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire