Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2006, 11:49 AM

1 posts, read 2,588 times

Advertisements

I recently visited Manchester to interview for a job and now I'm researching apartments online. Here's my question: during my interview at a business somewhere near the airport, I was taken out to lunch. On the way to the restaurant, we were on one of the big highways, but I'm not sure if it was 93 or 293 (or maybe even another route). In this one area our highway merged with another main highway, and all the lanes on the right wanted to cross to the left and all the lanes on the left wanted to be on the right when the two highways diverged again. It was quite exciting and the man taking me to lunch really sputtered about the idiot who designed the situation.

We have a similar road setup in Rochester NY that we call "The Can of Worms"!

Does anybody know where this area is in Manchester? As I find potential apartments, I want to be sure that I don't have to drive through this mess everyday. Thanks in advance for any insight or advice you can give me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2006, 09:44 PM

18 posts, read 83,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnumber2
I recently visited Manchester to interview for a job and now I'm researching apartments online. Here's my question: during my interview at a business somewhere near the airport, I was taken out to lunch. On the way to the restaurant, we were on one of the big highways, but I'm not sure if it was 93 or 293 (or maybe even another route). In this one area our highway merged with another main highway, and all the lanes on the right wanted to cross to the left and all the lanes on the left wanted to be on the right when the two highways diverged again. It was quite exciting and the man taking me to lunch really sputtered about the idiot who designed the situation.

We have a similar road setup in Rochester NY that we call "The Can of Worms"!

Does anybody know where this area is in Manchester? As I find potential apartments, I want to be sure that I don't have to drive through this mess everyday. Thanks in advance for any insight or advice you can give me.

Hi you must be talking about the 93/293 merge-believe it or not it flows pretty smooth. I take it everyday for a year and never had a problem-I just listed a very affordable condo in the area--very afforable--good luck in the job search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire