Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 09:37 AM

1,507 posts, read 5,908,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedupwithnewton
you really want to know why your house wont sell??? Because its in NJ!!!!! wake up! This is the most overpriced corrupted miserable state to be in. Your moving.. you really expect someone else wants to live here????? We have the absolute most worst state in the entire usa. We are the butt of the us. I'm sorry your house hasnt sold,, I'm sure ur realtor is well versed in BS to sell anything around here. good luck

I was going to just ignore you but today isn't your lucky day. Someone obviously pissed in your Cherrios this morning friend. First of all, if you hate NJ so much , please leave. Now. Secondly, no one here want to read your negative dump on my post. My Mother always says, if you have nothing NICE to say then keep your mouth shut. I'm having a real dillemma here and you said nothing helpful, insightful or KIND. SO before I seriously chew you up and spit you out, start backpeddling and offer a kind word. So YOU WAKE UP and have a nice day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2006, 10:17 AM

741 posts, read 3,511,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeForSale
post removed
LOL, ROTFLMAO! Not to make you madder Newhomeforsale, but he does have a point. I have kind words though. The idea of the financing brochure is a great idea, I'll tell my realtor to do the same. This is my second go round with selling my house. It took me about 3-4 months to get an offer then a month later they still couldn't get a mortgage approval. Not to mention hardly anyone came. Bad times. Things are picking up, and the interest rate dropped slightly, That's better then going up.

Last edited by Yac; 08-11-2006 at 12:21 PM..

Old 08-15-2006, 01:19 PM

Red face I'm baaaaak !!

I've learned my lesson ! I'll behave. No more advertising !

Yeesh-

Thanks for the note. Our "Realtors Open House" was today. We had FOOD & DRINKS. Nine Burlington County Realestate offices were notified. Ready for this ...ONE... Agent showed up.

We took the advice & prepared a mortgage price sheet & attached it to our color brochure (handout).
Thanks again for all the feedback

Old 08-15-2006, 01:43 PM

164 posts, read 353,309 times
Quote:

I was going to just ignore you but today isn't your lucky day. Someone obviously pissed in your Cherrios this morning friend. First of all, if you hate NJ so much , please leave. Now. Secondly, no one here want to read your negative dump on my post. My Mother always says, if you have nothing NICE to say then keep your mouth shut. I'm having a real dillemma here and you said nothing helpful, insightful or KIND. SO before I seriously chew you up and spit you out, start backpeddling and offer a kind word. So YOU WAKE UP and have a nice day
So I'm just casually reading through this thread, which I haven't been on since we are moving from Cal to North Carolina, when I'm blown out of the water with this post! Wow - you tell 'em!! I wasn't even the target of this post, but boy, I sat up straight just from reading it!

As to selling, have you considered contributing to closing costs? People have said that might help. Also, a bonus to the buyer's agent might help. This is different than additional buyer commission, which the agent must share with the broker. A bonus goes 100% to the buyer's agent and, if it is noted in the "agent only" comments of your listing, the agents will have extra incentive to show your house. The buyer will never know about it because it only goes on the seller's closing statement. Good luck to you!!

Old 08-15-2006, 01:53 PM

LOL - Yep, I'm a true Jersey Girl. Sorry if I startled you with my reply to that idiot, but really now, why hold back? Your post made me laugh- seriously- and I needed that after today's flop OH. I will mention your ideas in the post to my husband. See what he thinks as well (oh who am I kidding, I'll let him think I am considering his opinion then I'll make the final decision) ROTFLMAF - did I spell that right? Thank you for the reply & the good ideas. I'll let you know how it goes. Just wondering, if you moved from Cal - ?ifornia to North Carolina, then why are you in the New Jersey Forum? Not nosey- just curious. BTW: My Mother really does say that. You can borrow it if ya want.

Old 08-15-2006, 03:08 PM

164 posts, read 353,309 times
Quote:
LOL - Yep, I'm a true Jersey Girl. Sorry if I startled you with my reply to that idiot, but really now, why hold back? Your post made me laugh- seriously- and I needed that after today's flop OH. I will mention your ideas in the post to my husband. See what he thinks as well (oh who am I kidding, I'll let him think I am considering his opinion then I'll make the final decision) ROTFLMAF - did I spell that right? Thank you for the reply & the good ideas. I'll let you know how it goes. Just wondering, if you moved from Cal - ?ifornia to North Carolina, then why are you in the New Jersey Forum? Not nosey- just curious. BTW: My Mother really does say that. You can borrow it if ya want.
I haven't been on the NJ forum, but was just looking at the City-Data home page that has all the forums, and the thread "why is my house still for sale" caught my eye because I'm in the same boat! So I was just reading through to see if any ideas might be there for us to use as well ... Every once in a while a different state has a thread that's kind of interesting, and it's fun to read along. Last week I responded to a thread in Montana that was entitled "Californians are ruining Montana." Apparently, I have ruined Montana. I felt the least I could do was apologize, which I did.

Old 08-15-2006, 03:14 PM

Talking Ohh that's too funny -

Quote:
Originally Posted by connie
I haven't been on the NJ forum, but was just looking at the City-Data home page that has all the forums, and the thread "why is my house still for sale" caught my eye because I'm in the same boat! So I was just reading through to see if any ideas might be there for us to use as well ... Every once in a while a different state has a thread that's kind of interesting, and it's fun to read along. Last week I responded to a thread in Montana that was entitled "Californians are ruining Montana." Apparently, I have ruined Montana. I felt the least I could do was apologize, which I did.

OMG- It WAS you !! LOL -
Good one Connie thanks for the laugh

Old 08-15-2006, 09:16 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,330,009 times
I just wanted to let you know that I just did an open house here in northern NJ. Four people came, two were neighbors (nosy?? who knows). Now here's the thing, the home was listed at an astronimacl price and just came down quite significantly (IMO, still not low enough). The people are desperate to sell (they have time yet, but they just want it sold!!!). They refuse to come down anymore then just a few bucks, they've had open houses every week and can't figure out why no one's coming back or making offers. Everyone who sees it loves it, but can't afford it. So here they're in a catch 22, people think the price is too high, they won't come down and they're wondering why there are no offers. They again have emphasized their huge desire to have it sold and continue to say they can't understand why it hasn't sold yet because it's been up for so long and they've had all these open houses. I conveniently left this part for last...it's been on the market just under a month (Hello???).

So my reason for telling you this is...it could be a lot worse. See, there's other people out there who are more looney than you (just kidding ) but there really are people out there who just don't quite "get it". I know you've been on the market longer (which must make my story even more crazy to read) but in all reality, the market is moving slower lately. Like I said to you last time, have no fear, it will sell!!

Ps. That Jersey girl comment you made, yeah, we have big mouths, it gets us into trouble ( but who cares!!!!!!!!!!!! )

Old 08-16-2006, 08:43 AM

145 posts, read 849,609 times
Default The Market

LOL over the Jersey girl comments [yes I am one too]

Just wanted to jump into the fray with my story.

Long story short;
I listed my condo on the ocean for 28k less than last year.
It is priced to sell with reasonable profit.
The other difference is that we spent 2 weekends "declutering", no kids pictures, wall hangings, bare bones minimum.
We painted ,cleaned carpets, used neutral colors[No more Jimmy Buffet/Caribe
colors]

Our realtor said August has been slow, but if you price correctly, you should be able to sell.
We have been on the market for 2 weeks and we may be "sold" to a guy that looked at it last summer!
The funny thing was that he said "WOW" did you guys re-do the place?
Our realtor gives us ALL feedback as opposed to our last one who didn't.
I think that is important.
LOL, I also burried ST Joe in the front, seems to work for many!
Watch Sell this House, great stuff!
Hope this helps............

Old 08-16-2006, 09:54 AM

Smile Here's what we've done so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattiv View Post
LOL over the Jersey girl comments [yes I am one too]

Just wanted to jump into the fray with my story.

Long story short;
I listed my condo on the ocean for 28k less than last year.
It is priced to sell with reasonable profit.
The other difference is that we spent 2 weekends "declutering", no kids pictures, wall hangings, bare bones minimum.
We painted ,cleaned carpets, used neutral colors[No more Jimmy Buffet/Caribe
colors]

Our realtor said August has been slow, but if you price correctly, you should be able to sell.
We have been on the market for 2 weeks and we may be "sold" to a guy that looked at it last summer!
The funny thing was that he said "WOW" did you guys re-do the place?
Our realtor gives us ALL feedback as opposed to our last one who didn't.
I think that is important.
LOL, I also burried ST Joe in the front, seems to work for many!
Watch Sell this House, great stuff!
Hope this helps............
Thanks Patti, It's nice to talk to another Jersey Girl

Appreciate the feedback & your own experience. Congrats on the sale of your condo. As you mentioned I too watch those shows. I love the TV show Sell this/that house & Flip that/this house- I watch all of them. At nauseum...
So far we have:

eliminated pieces of furniture

removed big headboards

painted the romantic custom color bedroom walls back to plain old white,

shampooed the carpets,

eliminated the clutter (but I'm not a clutter person so it was easy).

Outside: I pulled weeds, dead shrubs & replaced them with new ones (I'll kill them too, just give me time). I even hung baskets of billowy flowers (their days are numbered) Grass is cut weekly.

I have donated several boxes of toys, clothes, shoes, cookware. I emptied the china cabinet & buffet, wrapped each piece of glassware & toted them off to a safe storage facility (not handing my precious heirlooms to some Caveman moving company this time) Our agent says the house looks perfect. If you remove too much from the walls & the house then it looks cold & bare. We kept just a few items in the curio's but mostly the house looks neat, clean (I'm German & I clean in my sleep), and well kept. I keep hearing that it only takes one single buyer. She will look at my house and say WOW, this is the one (just like I did in Oct 2005)

But now our Mom & Dad live w/ us so we need 1st fl. bedrm for them. Our property is amazing. I take a critical hard look at the house everyday. Family tells me that I can't make it perfect & live in the house that way. No shoes or animals walk on my floors. I tried to teach the kids to walk on their hands but that didn't pan out too well.

I have to be patient. It's been only 4.5 months. People have been telling me that it has not been that long & I should not be so upset. How does that old saying go, Walk a mile in my shoes? I have a good Agent, great husband, great kids, everyone is healthy and I really do count my blessings every day. I read up on this Saint Joseph thing. Without getting in the whole religion topic, let me just say that at this point I'm open to all ideas, even burying a religious figurine in my front yard near the FOR SALE sign. Heck, I'll bury a whole box of them if it will work. Kidding....Would burying my Agent help? Really Kidding !! So I'm trying to be patient & work thru this situation.

But don't you just want to scream every time someone asks you "Sooooooo didja get a buyer yet?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia