Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 07:41 AM

205 posts, read 692,998 times

Advertisements

Hi. We will be moving to Ho-Ho-Kus, NJ this summer.

I've heard good things about the fireworks in Allendale, but also saw posters about fireworks in Ridgewood as well.

Can anyone comment on either of those, or give another recommendation on a good family family place to watch Independence Day fireworks?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 07:53 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,853,319 times
Ridgewood has a very good show and its the only one ive really been too. I don't know where NYC is having theres this year , but you can take a Train form Ho-Ho-Kus to Hoboken Terminal and where every there having it this year switch to another train. Jersey City cancelled theres Paramus Cancelled theres too alot towns & cities did. It was either have the fireworks or cancel all festivals. If your willing to spend one night , you can go to Red Bank,NJ by Train , they have the largest firework show / celebration in the state.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:34 PM

37 posts, read 308,178 times
i know there is one in jersey city Liberty State PArk but was very crowded, very humid and rainy day, no parking at all even though we were there like 2-3 hours early. we parked and walked almost for an hour!
Great fireworks but was like hell when we wanted to get out of the park even on foot.

is it the same for ridgewood?

Old 06-22-2010, 12:17 AM

39 posts, read 184,601 times
Fair Lawn is having their fireworks on June 30. They charge admission & it's always a pain to park around Memorial Pool. If you can get in, it's really nice because they shoot the fireworks over the pool which is a really large sand bottom man made lake. Bring your own chairs.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:17 PM

14 posts, read 70,027 times
Edgewater will have its own on July 1st, 6pm. Recreation Center/veterans Field.

For Macy's fireworks, you can see something from City Place in Edgewater, or try walking to Weehawken (Hudson County) on Port Imperial.

Old 06-30-2010, 08:40 AM

2 posts, read 25,553 times
Here is a listing for Firework Events in Bergen County on the Paramus Buzz
Looking for 4th of July Firework Festivities in Bergen County?.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:43 AM

1,173 posts, read 4,752,199 times
I would definitely opt for going to see the macy's one this year, who knows if they will switch back the east river in the future. You can go to Weehawken or Hoboken to get a nice view and then walk around hoboken to grab some dinner/ice cream afterwards. Get there early though it gets pretty crowded last year I went to Weehawken I think they closed the street around 3PM (for cars, you could still walk there).

If your still in the mood to see more fireworks the following weekend there will be a firework show at the old Jungle Habitat park on the 9th it's $15 per car load and they will also have family activities (dunk tanks, face painting that kind of stuff) If you google thunder in the highlands you should be able to find it.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:40 AM

1 posts, read 17,865 times
I live in HoHoKus too! You will love it. Ridgewood is the way to go. It is so fun, a really nice community feel. They are doing theirs on the 5th, so you could see the Macy's fireworks and the Ridgewood show. As a side note, I would not pay to sit inside Graydon and watch them, too many other great places to watch.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:13 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,818,272 times
Growing up I always saw the fireworks on River St in Hackensack by Foscini Park.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:30 AM

37 posts, read 308,178 times
what is ur recommendation for parking and viewing this event without buying a ticket?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlestarge View Post
I live in HoHoKus too! You will love it. Ridgewood is the way to go. It is so fun, a really nice community feel. They are doing theirs on the 5th, so you could see the Macy's fireworks and the Ridgewood show. As a side note, I would not pay to sit inside Graydon and watch them, too many other great places to watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey