Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 06:45 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,700,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post
Well you would also take the Jersey Shore over Aruba, which is asinine.

Why, because I don't like windy beaches that blow sand all over you?

You have a problem with people who don't agree with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
Ditto. The Outer Banks are nice, but overrated IMO.
I like Duck and Corolla, but not the others. The "beach" in those 2 are comparable to the nicest beaches in NJ.

Old 03-25-2013, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Wow, "dummy" seems pretty harsh, especially considering "better" is in the eye of the beholder.
I like having the boardwalk and the rides in the background when I'm on the beach.
FF has a problem with people disagreeing with him over subjective topics, which is...if I may quote him - ASININE.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:27 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,526,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
Why, because I don't like windy beaches that blow sand all over you?

You have a problem with people who don't agree with you.
No I don't, actually. I just have a problem with people who have wacked out preferences on beaches.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:03 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,983,838 times
Quote:
It's funny how there are quite a few people who relocate from NJ to NC. I really don't find too many similarities between the two other then both are coastal states.

I was in Raleigh, NC for a wedding this past summer. The houses in the Raleigh suburbs were quite beautiful, but I found a lot of the locals to be stuck up and unwelcoming. Not that people in NJ are much more welcoming (generally they aren't) however I was expecting some form of southern hospitality. I couldn't imagine Charlotte being that much better.

Compare this to Colorado where I was last week in Denver and Vail -- the locals actually enjoy getting involved in conversation. A lot of them have the same opinion I do of NYC: nice to visit but would die living and working there.

Oh and no comparison of beach life either. You'd be a dummy to think that NJ beaches are better than North Carolina.

What's FUNNY is that you are apparently still here in NJ....

Old 03-25-2013, 01:32 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,345,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post
I think North Carolina beaches are physically nicer than those in NJ. The water is a nice blue/green as opposed to murky brown. However, the culture is completely different. There are no real boardwalks along the beaches in NC. it is much more laid back there. For some this may be desirable, for others, not.
Just want to point out, the ocean water is a different color in North Carolina (compared to NJ) because of the mineral content and various organisms that live there. Has nothing to do with "dirty" vs "clean".

Old 03-25-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
I'm moving in June for school -- moving takes time, unfortunately.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmom66 View Post
Just want to point out, the ocean water is a different color in North Carolina (compared to NJ) because of the mineral content and various organisms that live there. Has nothing to do with "dirty" vs "clean".
I think it's a known fact that the beaches are cleaner in most parts of North Carolina than NJ.

OBX is overrated, I'll give it to you guys. Ever been to Carolina Beach? It's pretty spectacular.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
No I don't, actually. I just have a problem with people who have wacked out preferences on beaches.
No, you really do. Read your comments on this silly topic and notice you blow everything out of proportion.

I have an issue with people telling me that my beach preferences are whacked when you haven't been to a beach that I compared to NJ.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
wait till our friend gets a taste of the water out there - it was 63 in July when I was there last year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey