Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 02:57 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,526,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
wait till our friend gets a taste of the water out there - it was 63 in July when I was there last year.
I'm more of a biker anyway. I can do that on the socal beaches because of concrete bike paths that span miles and miles. At the Jersey Shore that is more or less hopeless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 06:55 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,345,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post
I think it's a known fact that the beaches are cleaner in most parts of North Carolina than NJ.

OBX is overrated, I'll give it to you guys. Ever been to Carolina Beach? It's pretty spectacular.
Some beaches in North Carolina are cleaner then some beaches in NJ. That is a more accurate statement.

Look, some people LOVE the Outer Banks. And some love Belmar or LBI. Different strokes for different folks. (I prefer both Belmar and LBI, but that's just me )

Old 03-25-2013, 07:15 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,700,318 times
Quote:
I'm more of a biker anyway. I can do that on the socal beaches because of concrete bike paths that span miles and miles. At the Jersey Shore that is more or less hopeless.
Oh I get it. Water now doesn't matter, when it did during the comparisons before. How are the concrete paths in Aruba?

Old 03-25-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Oh I get it. Water now doesn't matter, when it did during the comparisons before. How are the concrete paths in Aruba?
Aruba is more of a sit and relax beach. In LA, for instance it's a utilitarian beach. Lot's of year round biking, surfing, shopping, residential properties (not seasonal.) Not exactly comparable.

And yes, you can swim in the water without a wetsuit. Particularly in August and September.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:14 AM

312 posts, read 686,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmom66 View Post
Just want to point out, the ocean water is a different color in North Carolina (compared to NJ) because of the mineral content and various organisms that live there. Has nothing to do with "dirty" vs "clean".
I never said NC water is cleaner than NJ (it might be, but I have no data on this). Regardless of the reason, the water is clearer and has a beautiful blue/green color that I really hadn't seen until I moved to NC from NJ.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:34 AM

IDK, is this so bad? Jersey Shore:

Old 03-27-2013, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Aruba is more of a sit and relax beach. In LA, for instance it's a utilitarian beach. Lot's of year round biking, surfing, shopping, residential properties (not seasonal.) Not exactly comparable.

And yes, you can swim in the water without a wetsuit. Particularly in August and September.
I can't tell you how many accidents I saw on the concrete "boardwalk" (yes they call it boardwalk even though it technically isn't) in San Diego - my son being one of them. I liked it, but it bordered on mayhem.

You would NEVER see me in the ocean in Cali - way too cold.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
I can't tell you how many accidents I saw on the concrete "boardwalk" (yes they call it boardwalk even though it technically isn't) in San Diego - my son being one of them. I liked it, but it bordered on mayhem.

You would NEVER see me in the ocean in Cali - way too cold.
OMG you are unbelievable. You are worried about accidents on a concrete bike pathway? You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. What about if someone slips and falls on a Jersey boardwalk? -- pure old age wood and quite possibly the biggest hazard "Tram cars" almost running people over.

Enjoy the Jersey Shore. Don't step on a needle while you are in the water.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
OMG you are unbelievable. You are worried about accidents on a concrete bike pathway? You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. What about if someone slips and falls on a Jersey boardwalk? -- pure old age wood and quite possibly the biggest hazard "Tram cars" almost running people over.

Enjoy the Jersey Shore. Don't step on a needle while you are in the water.
the boardwalk is more narrow where I was than any jersey boardwalk. as i said, my son got into an accident.

so you have to be insulting because i offered a scenario? grow up.

you are the quintessential "where I'm moving is the best place on earth - god forbid anyone offers an objection opinion that goes against my own, plus I need to trash where I came from to make myself feel better about my move".

Old 03-27-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
the boardwalk is more narrow where I was than any jersey boardwalk. as i said, my son got into an accident.

so you have to be insulting because i offered a scenario? grow up.

you are the quintessential "where I'm moving is the best place on earth so I need to trash where I came from".
NJ has a lot of nice parts but as a whole, the shore really isn't one of them. We saw how poorly prepared it was for a storm like Sandy, whereas in NC they have been pounded over the years by storms so the infrastructure reflects that risk.

I will always represent NJ to the best of my ability. Unfortunately, it seems overall there is more bad than good these days with the high taxes, high cost of living, teachers union, corruption, and it becoming a major police state. Christie can only take care of so much. CA definitely has it's fair share of problems as well (that aren't going away anytime soon either.) My biggest beef with NJ is mob corruption which is so backwards and greasy and will never go away. People look the other way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey