Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 10:22 PM

1 posts, read 2,274 times

Advertisements

Denville: Unless you are white, thi is a very racist town. You will be looked at dirty, no such thing as a Thank You for holding door and God forbid you make a mistake and you are not white, I puchased my first home in Denville and it has been a nightmare. I have never experienced racism until I moved here and it makes me sick to my stomach to see such ignorance everywhere. I do commend the police officers, they are the best, (There is only one racist officer and she is a women whom everyone hates in the town) But as far as racism, i is so clear that unless you are white do not even think about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
Out of curiosity, I'd like people to just throw their opinions on here regarding the following towns. (Remember, your opinion can be about anything in those towns, i.e. education, community/safey, family/child/teen activities and involvement, crime, gangs, smog, scenery, teen pregnancy/suicide, climate, price of homes/taxes, traffic/commute....you name it).

Here goes:

Denville
East Hanover
West Milford
Verona
Lafayette
Sparta
Parsippany
Randolph
Vernon
Pequannock
Pompton Lakes
Pompton Plains
Butler
Riverdale
Kinnelon
Ringwood
Branchville
Jefferson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 04:15 AM

36 posts, read 83,853 times
I have lived in Sparta, Parsippany, and Towaco (next to Kinnelon). Sparta can be a bit pricey but it is a very good town for families. I absolutely loved Towaco. I lived on Brookvalley road (half of my backyard was in Kinnelon)...housing is very pricey there but these days you can get a great deal on a home. Smaller homes in town are very affordable. A beautiful part of NJ to be in if you like wooded areas. Taxes are high (surprise!). Parsippany is very congested, ugly roads with millions of strip malls, signage, etc.

Old 04-26-2009, 01:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,928 times
Default West Milford / quickie bio

I've lived in West Milford for 20 yrs. It is a blue collar bedroom community for the metro area. The locals who live and work in the town are co-supporting their spouse to a large degree. The area has changed over the years, Upper Greenwood Lake was considered Biker Heaven in the seventies. In the sixties, there was a realtors office at the top of the hill going into Upper Greenwood Lake, with a sign which read " Welcome to our White Community " They didn't even like Italians! In the fifties, it was just summer shacks mostly, and very backward. The winter times were long and boring, so a few of the local fire dept. would burn down the shacks for fun. The locals used to shoot raccoons and sell them to the people in Patterson (which people?) The mafia used to shoot and dump people up on Clinton Rd. back then. In the forties, the loggers would date and have what was called "Back-Door" weddings with the local Indian Women. The preachers didn't want them living in sin, but they wasn't good enough to be married on the front steps! And there was also the Jackson Whites, and that's a whole nother story! And the old pig-iron mills that ran 24/7 in the 1880's and those nameless graves of the drifters who found work and bunked near those mills and gave-up their lives there.>RichU
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey