Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 08:59 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,157,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post
Some limits are in place but once again their right of assembly would be infringed. The point of this group is to push officials into making a decision that violates their rights, then they file a Federal suit and usually winning. They have been successful in to that extent. Make no mistake about it, they know exactly how far they can go and every one of their rights.
Which is why I would be in favor of taking those rights away through the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 09:27 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,664,631 times
Quote:
Which is why I would be in favor of taking those rights away through the law
Their Constitutional rights. Any others you don't like. I'd love that. Say something I don't agree with and haul you off. See any problem with that?

Old 11-02-2010, 09:34 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,157,110 times
I am in favor of preventing people from protesting at funerals. Honestly, I don't know how I can say it any differently. Whatever goes along with that I am fine with and have no problems at all with. None. Nada. Zip.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:04 PM

5,773 posts, read 16,594,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
So your defending them , lets just hope Karma does come back and strike you later in life. There is alot of hate in this world , you seem to be in Denial....
I don't think think you caught my "drift". Whether or not I'm in agreement or not, and I'm not with these folks, is irrelevant. It is part of our great democracy of the USA to uphold anyone's right to express, love, hate, agree, disagree.

For instance in Times Square NYC there is some "religious" group preaching "kill the white man" almost every single day. The message is ridiculous and hateful, yet they have a city permit to be there every day.

I'm not denying any hate, I'd rather give the messenger their 15 minutes in the sun and move on.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:42 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,886,817 times
I hate everything these people say, and would love for nothing more than their bus to "disappear" one day while they are all traveling, but I have to say they have every right to what they say and I will defend that right. The U.S. government should NOT violate the Bill of Rights EVER under ANY circumstances, or else it undermines the principles this nations was founded upon and tries to uphold. Personally, I like the counter protests and the reactions that others have shown in attempts to block them or drive them back (such as 1,000+ students shouting "go home" to these idiots)

Old 11-03-2010, 05:03 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,671,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
And what about the right of a grieving family to have a funeral without a bunch of wackos yelling the most vile things you can think of about the deceased?

I'm all for free speech, but there has to be limits. And in this case I think the freedom of speech is trumped by common decency.
As a member of the Patriot Guards I feel the family has a right to privacy and to mourn, freedom of speech is secondary. The WBC are vile and disgusting animals who publish on their website their schedule of protests. They protest for attention from the media and the best solution is to ignore them. The PG will attend a funeral at the request of the family and provide a shield, using motorcycles and flag lines. It is a honor and privelege for us.

Old 11-03-2010, 05:26 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,866,474 times
these people are just nuts. not worth really thinking much about.

Old 11-03-2010, 05:01 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,664,631 times
Quote:
these people are just nuts. not worth really thinking much about.
Quote:
They protest for attention from the media and the best solution is to ignore them.
Absolutely correct. Those response are even more powerful that an attempt to modify the rights those same soldiers through the history of this country fought for and died for..

Old 11-05-2010, 07:17 PM

467 posts, read 1,522,823 times
Man, I hate these guys with a burning passion. That's why its important to ignore them.

Old 11-05-2010, 10:29 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,823,253 times
www.GodHatesFags.com

Seriously? These people are miserable and brainwashed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey