Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 04:15 PM

854 posts, read 2,863,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
i'd take an awd with all seasons any day over a fwd with snow tires.
PSA: Proper winter tires are more important than all-wheel drive - Autoblog
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 04:54 PM

5,439 posts, read 16,863,723 times
i agree 100%

If you look around when it snows, who is crashing, it is a lot of AWD SUVs.

It is definitely a false sense of security until you go to turn, stop, etc.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:02 PM

312 posts, read 1,164,225 times
Thanks for posting some credible information.

I actually do as the article suggests and keep an extra set of rims and snow tires for my cars and swap them for winter but for most people in NJ snow tires are overkill.

If you are into skiing/snowboarding and are going to be chasing storms to hit some fresh snow or have a job where you have to get to work no matter the weather then ya you can probably use snow tires to get through thick snow. In NJ though, after a few hours after a storm roads are usually clear enough where all seasons will be fine.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:05 PM

312 posts, read 1,164,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe moving View Post
i agree 100%

The problem is amplified with SUVs because of the higher center of gravity.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:37 PM

12,546 posts, read 21,406,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artDDS View Post
Just off the top of my head i am pretty sure the Toyota Highlander comes in FWD or AWD and the audi A4 also has FWD or AWD quattro. You can compare the mileage for those cars across their respective versions. The efficiency is going to be different depending on the actual cars and engineering. I'm sure there are lots more that have the FWD or AWD option.
highlander is definitely not a car. lol. you're right about the A4. i forgot they made a FWD model. I looked at that. Nice vehicle, but tiny inside.

you're probably right, i just struggle to think of any sedans that have both of those options.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:45 PM

good points in the article. i've had some horrible all seasons, and i've had good ones. i usually buy ones that get solid ratings for winter performance. living in northeast PA, and now in NJ, i've seldom found myself wishing i had snow tires.

now i have them on my legacy, because it came with summer tires, and i do like em. but i think unless you're in a seriously crazy snow area, it's mostly just a hassle.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe moving View Post
i agree 100%

absolutely. i think people think because they are in a 4wd SUV, they think they are just as good as dry pavement. it's not magic, it's a feature that helps.

SUV drivers scare me more than anything.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:17 PM

633 posts, read 1,950,505 times
Forget about FWD or RWD or even 4WD it'S a good majority of the people these days there ...... wait ......the muranos!! that are dangerous.

Unless you like up your butt tail gaiters or people who just have to cut in front of you even though you can plainly see the 2 mile traffic jamb ahead or the murano who has no problem flying down the right lane an in an instant cutting across to the FAR left lane, oh yeah to the 2 mile traffic jamb you can plainly see or the people who don't think they have to get in lane for an entrance ramp and you are not really driving on the same highway as they are, watch out - watch out I'm have to get on or off this ramp. And wait one one you better look before you attempt to stop at a red light because the person who was tail gating you earlier in my rant (sorry) is about to drive through you, or the bus who as all legal right to cut you off anytime they want but I digress back to the red light don't start on the green to fast because the brother of the person behind you is going to run the light about 10 sec in to the red.

I apologize ahead of time to the good drivers who read this but as you can tell I have had my fill.

Oh by the way if you do have some aggressive driver on your butt do not tap or hit your brakes because in some towns the police will be there imitating a tail gaiter and you could get pulled over.. Go figure.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:32 AM

19 posts, read 66,099 times
So...howz the 2010 MURANO SL AWD !!!!!!!
I am getting it in a very good discounted price as it is the 2010 model [year-end sale event]
Should I buy it or not ?
Plz give me the positives n negatives of this car.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:42 AM

19 posts, read 66,099 times
Anyone ??????? urgent need to buy a car !!!!.......plz guide about the murano... (
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey