Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 07:34 AM

800 posts, read 1,297,603 times

Advertisements

since someone bumped this already....

my wifes family loves/d Charlie browns, i never understood why, they would all get the prime rib which sucks, and the dismal looking salad bar which also sucked. this place should never be called a steak house as its an insult to the real ones... mortons, ruth chris, keens, lugars...

anyway... what the hell is going on with the piscattaway location charlie browns? is it inhabited by bums or somethings, its been untouched for 4-5 years now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2014, 08:51 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penga25 View Post
this place should never be called a steak house as its an insult to the real ones... mortons, ruth chris, keens, lugars...
i dont think thats a fair comparison.

Old 12-19-2014, 12:20 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,937,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
It is a lovely old building. Here's an article from the Ledger on it. [they do seem to have ample parking now]

Irish pub 'Bea McNally's' taking shape at former Charlie Brown's in Hackettstown | NJ.com
Yes. I've been there a few times. The food sucks, but they have a good beer selection and great NFL specials.

Old 12-20-2014, 05:25 PM

860 posts, read 1,338,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penga25 View Post
since someone bumped this already....

my wifes family loves/d Charlie browns, i never understood why, they would all get the prime rib which sucks, and the dismal looking salad bar which also sucked. this place should never be called a steak house as its an insult to the real ones... mortons, ruth chris, keens, lugars...

anyway... what the hell is going on with the piscattaway location charlie browns? is it inhabited by bums or somethings, its been untouched for 4-5 years now.

The one on Metlars, right? I wondered too as I see the outdoor security lights operating sometimes. If the chain went bust, I don't see the point of paying for electricity. Cops hang out there, though, so maybe they have some kind of arrangement.

My thought is they're waiting to see if the town will buy it and combine the land with the redevelopment going on in that area.

Old 12-22-2014, 06:48 AM

27 posts, read 117,977 times
My dad still lives in Chatham and that is the ONLY restaurant he will go to. I have no idea why. When I go visit him, I know we'll go there at least once, and often two days in a row. It's not horrible, but I don't exactly look forward to it either.

I appreciate the head's up. He will be devastated if they close!

Old 12-22-2014, 11:36 AM

389 posts, read 664,442 times
There is still one in Westfield (or is that Scotch Plains?). Seems ok... Good if you have a kid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey