Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 07:07 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
He told us all that we shouldn't give out candy on "Satan's night" & told the employees with kids not to take their kids out. Like I said, a nut-case. He was just as much fun with Santa & the Easter Bunny. It was quite illegal, but what can you do when you need the job. . . I eventually left, but he's still there & I'm pretty sure that he trashes me when I apply for jobs. If I could just get the proof, I'd have his "religious" ass in court.

Yep he's an obsessed nut alright. Set him if you can. Do you know anyone who could pull off being a potential employer calling to check up on you? then see what he says them. I wonder if that would be considered ligitimate proof even if the person isn't really interviewing you? If anything at least you could get some idea of how to best defend yourself by knowing what trash he has to say, if any.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2011, 10:36 PM

15 posts, read 17,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
Springfield superintendent bans Halloween costumes from town's elementary schools | NJ.com

Honestly what about kids just being kids? One day and they cant have fun a few hours of the day? Ever think that Halloween is learning too? Imagination,creativity and so on? We are sick.
cocaine is plentiful around gov't officials.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:33 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantthinkofaname View Post
Yep he's an obsessed nut alright. Set him if you can. Do you know anyone who could pull off being a potential employer calling to check up on you? then see what he says them. I wonder if that would be considered ligitimate proof even if the person isn't really interviewing you? If anything at least you could get some idea of how to best defend yourself by knowing what trash he has to say, if any.
I've asked several people who are in a hiring capacity to make the call, but they are scared sh*tless to do it since it's a TV station. I would need to get a letter from someone saying that they won't hire me because of something being said that is illegal. I'm hoping that by leaving the area he won't feel the need.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:00 AM

2,160 posts, read 4,966,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
Because the obvious lame excuse is obvious. No one (except you) believes the rule was made because halloween costumes detract from instruction.
I truly do think the intent of the decision was to put instruction above all else, and I think it was also probably related to matters of practicality. There is no evidence to the contrary. I can't believe that I'm the ONLY one that believes this. Unless everyone ELSE is in on something that I don't know--did a Springfield parent complain to the Board of Ed. that Halloween is an ungodly celebration of heathens and should be kept out of school? Did a parent complain that it's not politically correct to celebrate Halloween in school because it's not fair to people who don't believe in Halloween? This Springfield Halloweengate is ridiculous. Does everyone really believe it's some kind of political conspiracy? Based on what? And what, exactly, is the general consensus? I'm still not sure.

Half the people out there are saying that this is an example of liberal lefties hanging their political correctness BS on everyone.

The other half are saying this is an example of the conservative religious right thumping their Bibles and trying to ruin everyone's fun.

So which half is correct?

To me, this is yet another example of people taking the opportunity to engage in what has become a favorite past time, especially on the internet: blind, bipartisan mudslinging.

I've read that some Springfield parents are taking this so hard, they plan on sending their kids to school in costumes anyway, despite the new rule. What a great lesson to teach kids. If you don't like a rule, first blame the [enter political party here], then break that rule, because rules only apply to you if you agree with them.

Old 10-24-2011, 12:22 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
i dont have a problem with the decision. school is supposed to be a place where kids sit down and listen to lecture, do schoolwork and take tests. maybe people should take school a little more seriously instead of making it into a joke and complaining that kids arent learning.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:57 PM

831 posts, read 2,826,303 times
I'm against this. Kids have been having halloween parades in school forever. How can learning become stunted by this small celebration.

The fact that Halloween is on a Monday makes it even worse, the kids will have little time to go out since it's a school night and now no school activities. Sucks for them.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:25 PM

15 posts, read 17,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas0814 View Post
I'm against this. Kids have been having halloween parades in school forever. How can learning become stunted by this small celebration.

The fact that Halloween is on a Monday makes it even worse, the kids will have little time to go out since it's a school night and now no school activities. Sucks for them.
drugs and snorting by the staff to make such a decision

Old 10-24-2011, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I've asked several people who are in a hiring capacity to make the call, but they are scared sh*tless to do it since it's a TV station. I would need to get a letter from someone saying that they won't hire me because of something being said that is illegal. I'm hoping that by leaving the area he won't feel the need.
Whoa, I can't say I blame them then. I doubt he would put it in writing and take the chance it ends up on another station of his rival. It sure would have been good for you to know just for the sake of seeing how you defend yourself without his knowing on an interview so you could get a fair chance to get employment. Usually, I think, they do it by phone but today even that's risky considering they could be tapeing them. Yes do leave the area to have a fair chance just in case he is trashing you. I hope you get better job than that one with him. Remember if you ever do find out he did unjustly trash you that you may have an advantage knowing his rivals

Old 10-24-2011, 11:23 PM

376 posts, read 665,541 times
man, are you people seriously getting upset at this crap? do you guys have anything better to do with your time?

first and foremost, i don't see any problem with what the superintendent did. in fact, i think he should be applauded for that. it's not the school's job to parent your children. that's your job. bad enough, the teachers have to deal with the failure of some of you parents outthere that don't spend enough time or do the right thing trying to control and discipline your children. i bet you want them to give your kids candy too so they can run around, hyperactive as all hell and being a problem too right so they could be diagnosed with ADD. the name of the game is to control and parent your kids before the system does that for you. if you can't control your kids now, imagine when they become teenagers. it's funny because towns like springfield have teenagers running around living like the characters in "skins".

it's not like they said your kid can't celebrate halloween. their job is to educate your kids, not to do your job. you guys are busy whining and complaining along with chris christie about how the school system is going down the toilet yet here's a school district that's actually going its job and you guys are sobbing and crying foul. people in this state never fail to amaze me at how backwards they are. we might as well call ourselves the mississippi of the north.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sas0814 View Post

You know maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to change Halloween to the last Friday of the month. Saturday would be too much because they would be out all day. Friday after School that would work out well for everyone, except this man.

Also, I forgot to mention in my other post they could also learn from the teachers how important and why they should never ever run/dart out into the street when trick or treating. I see this all over with kids and not only on Halloween. Older kids do it on their bikes they dart in and out, zig zag from street to sidewalk. Perhaps a little two-three hour learing with the party would help them to remember not to do this. Win a prize for know the correct answer as to how to go from door to door and never run out in the stree between cars. Remember cross at the green not inbetween well a reminder couldn't hurt. What about crossing at the corner after going down one side if the street first so they won't be running out in the middle of the streets and will be in the street corner lights for drivers to better see them. Just a thought and I think it's a good idea to put it in a request to the Schools. I hope all parents, babysitters and maybe even some teachers here consider suggest/requesting this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey