Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 09:43 PM

788 posts, read 2,112,873 times

Advertisements

It is so funny that people can "hate" the eagles so much and then mock them for "hating" others...and hey - weren't we right about Vick - or do you just want to kick my dog now? Come on - it's all in good sport. Or maybe bad sport. But a bunch of drunk people at a football stadium should not make or break a whole CFL franchise that can't seem to get out of its own way!!!
And I still stand ny the Santa thing - it was different than that one. Of course I know a man who goes to Penn State games and gets in for free because he dresses up as Santa and who can throw Santa in the street.....well except for those drunks wearing green and black.....
Don't you have to laugh>>>>???????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2007, 08:22 PM

267 posts, read 951,091 times
jmcelroy,

Dude, do yourself a favor, stick to your guns, and keep routing for your favorite team. Don't let the pressure and "intimidation" of the Eagles fans scare you into walking and talking like they do. I've been living in the area now for three years and find the fall to be almost sickening around here. I love football too....and I mean love football, but it's kind of sad to me how they all identify their lives with one thing-- the Eagles. You'll see.... all of the "macho" men with their HUGE "birds" logo on the back of their ride. Oh it's gross....

DON'T SELL OUT!!!!!

Old 09-08-2007, 02:07 PM

34 posts, read 99,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by invertigo View Post
jmcelroy,

Dude, do yourself a favor, stick to your guns, and keep routing for your favorite team. Don't let the pressure and "intimidation" of the Eagles fans scare you into walking and talking like they do. I've been living in the area now for three years and find the fall to be almost sickening around here. I love football too....and I mean love football, but it's kind of sad to me how they all identify their lives with one thing-- the Eagles. You'll see.... all of the "macho" men with their HUGE "birds" logo on the back of their ride. Oh it's gross....

DON'T SELL OUT!!!!!
Ha! That's too funny.

As I mentioned in my opening post, though, I've never really had an NFL team that I liked. The Florida teams have been bad or inconsistent for most of my life, so it's always been a let down.

I'm really excited to be moving so close to Philly. I'm excited to become an Eagles fan!

Old 09-08-2007, 08:13 PM

1,742 posts, read 4,346,736 times
I knew some idiots threw snowballs at Santa, but I didn't hear they beat him up. I wish my moron brother-in-law read some of these posts before he bought his THREE YEAR OLD daughter to the Eagles-Dallas game that featured the return of T.O. I think the poor girl is still traumatized!!

Old 09-09-2007, 09:58 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,930,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by invertigo View Post
jmcelroy,

DON'T SELL OUT!!!!!
OMG!! That's the #1 thing I hated about living in NoVA. There is a large number of people that paint their cars, mailboxes, (and probably their pets) in burgundy and gold; the colors of the Redskins! UGH, made me sick to my stomach! I'm all for having a decal on your car or wearing a jersey, etc, but these people would eat, breathe, and speak Redskins 24/7. It was to the point where it wouldn't be surprising if the local media had breaking news bulletins for a Joe Gibbs hangnail! I have nothing against the Redskins other than I can't stand the antics of their fans (well, their owner leaves something to be desired as well).

Old 09-09-2007, 12:47 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,045,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
OMG!! That's the #1 thing I hated about living in NoVA. There is a large number of people that paint their cars, mailboxes, (and probably their pets) in burgundy and gold; the colors of the Redskins! UGH, made me sick to my stomach! I'm all for having a decal on your car or wearing a jersey, etc, but these people would eat, breathe, and speak Redskins 24/7. It was to the point where it wouldn't be surprising if the local media had breaking news bulletins for a Joe Gibbs hangnail! I have nothing against the Redskins other than I can't stand the antics of their fans (well, their owner leaves something to be desired as well).
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! This reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Putty painted himself for a Devil's game and Elaine was horrified.

We don't paint anything in my family but we do a traditional Sunday barbecue all throughout football season. Today it's grilled shrimp, chicken drumsticks in hot wing sauce and mozzarella sticks. And we don't even have a team to root for, LOL. What the heck, we'll just root for the food.

Old 09-09-2007, 02:14 PM

34 posts, read 99,730 times
Well, I just watched my first Eagles game as a fan.

Ouch!

Oh well, the Bucs would have done even worse.

Go Eagles!

Old 09-09-2007, 08:00 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,484,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcelroy View Post
Well, I just watched my first Eagles game as a fan.

Ouch!

Oh well, the Bucs would have done even worse.

Go Eagles!
Ohhhh- seeing my Packers wipe that smirk off of Donovan's face was worth the wait of the loooooooong off season!

Hate to say it, dude, but I think you're catching this team on its way down...

Old 09-09-2007, 08:01 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,484,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! This reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Putty painted himself for a Devil's game and Elaine was horrified.

We don't paint anything in my family but we do a traditional Sunday barbecue all throughout football season. Today it's grilled shrimp, chicken drumsticks in hot wing sauce and mozzarella sticks. And we don't even have a team to root for, LOL. What the heck, we'll just root for the food.
Haha.... The DEEVVVIIILSSSS!!! DEEEEVVVVVVIILLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

That was classic... thanks for the reminder of that!

Old 09-10-2007, 02:51 PM

24 posts, read 76,075 times
Default Overblown

Listen, first off Eagles fans are not as belligerent and inhumane as people think. Most of the time, incidents are caused by provoking and we just don't take kindly to things that are said and we do something about it. True, there were incidents back in the days of the Vet and the 700 level but things have not been as bad at the Linc. With that said, don't wear a T.O. jersey, Rich Kotite t-shirt, or Mike Mamula Hat. We have our enemies, and we have our heroes. Eagles fans will always love b-dawk, Randall Cunningham, and Ron Jaworski. So for the new Eagles fan I would give three pieces of advice.

1. Learn the fight song
2. Develop a deep hatred for the Cowboys
3. Boo draft picks

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!

P.S. Tony Luke's has the best Roast Pork on earth and their cheesesteaks are AMAZING. So are Jim's. Don't go to Pat's or Geno's, they are tourist traps and the guys who run it act like they are doing you a favor by selling you one.

Last edited by sbg42; 09-10-2007 at 02:55 PM.. Reason: Adding
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey