Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 12:18 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Bull drops...Even if the crack was there, the school is responsible to fix it.

I would call a meeting with the Executives of the day care and if they refuse, get a lawyer involved.
And the lawyer for the day care would cite how many kids manage to walk around/on/over that crack every day and how many times a day, and not fall and need $8K worth of surgery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 01:06 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpan78 View Post
I was told by a couple of friends that the plastic is what we need.
You called your friends on the way to the ER? While in the ER?

I thought the hospital told you to have a plastic surgeon suture her injury?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpan78 View Post
It was on child's face. The hospital recommended plastic surgery in fact that is who came and performed the stitches. The doctor was on call.
Where on the face?

How many stitches?

Your kid is still in the daycare?

You should remove your kid immediately. Especially if you are going to try to have the daycare pay for the cosmetic surgery for your child's face.

What the daycare will do is show how many other kids, in a day/hour, walk back and forth over the same spot and don't fall and break their faces open.

You are going to have to prove negligence. They will try to prove your kid is a world class clutz. And if they have any other injury reports on file...where your child has fallen and injured his/herself.....

Quote:
I've been in this situation before and the insurance covered a 100% after 2 appeals. The only difference is that that bill was 3x less than the current one.
Maybe because this last one was more cosmetic than emergent?

Old 03-12-2012, 08:00 PM

222 posts, read 779,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
You called your friends on the way to the ER? While in the ER?

I thought the hospital told you to have a plastic surgeon suture her injury?

Where on the face?

How many stitches?

Your kid is still in the daycare?

You should remove your kid immediately. Especially if you are going to try to have the daycare pay for the cosmetic surgery for your child's face.

What the daycare will do is show how many other kids, in a day/hour, walk back and forth over the same spot and don't fall and break their faces open.

You are going to have to prove negligence. They will try to prove your kid is a world class clutz. And if they have any other injury reports on file...where your child has fallen and injured his/herself.....

Maybe because this last one was more cosmetic than emergent?
I was told many times that if a child (girl) needs stitches on the face, they have to be done by the plastic surgeon. I've heard some stories how some residents put stitches. I do not want this for my girl.

The hospital said that it is better to have plastic than not.

Well as we discussed before they should have some kind of insurance that will cover small claims...I am checking it now.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:02 PM

222 posts, read 779,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
^Question answered--fairly difficult to prove negligence.

Just wondering, while I do hope you find a job, do you have a backup plan? I understand wanting/needing to work, but maybe, it might be best to save use/any money for other expenses and taking care of the kids for now? There is absolutely no place/people these kids can stay with if you do have an interview? No after school babysitter(s) you can schedule your interviews around?

You say you don't have a choice, but you also say keeping them in daycare is your choice. Which is it?

(I'm not here to be critical or pessimistic--I'm just wondering if you're really considering every/any option for a worst case scenario...?)

I wish you the best.
Thank you for your message. I guess there are many +s why I need them in daycare. I really hope to get a job soon. It is really hard to find someone on call to sit with 3 kids. I do not have any relatives here or even friends who will be willing to babysit them.

The choice is to keep them at school because I need to find a job. I cannot have them around while I do emails, calls and interviews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey