Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 06:27 PM

1 posts, read 2,332 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if its possible to get out of Sharbell's home purchase contract without losing the deposit money?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 12:33 PM

14 posts, read 25,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacols View Post
Does anyone know if its possible to get out of Sharbell's home purchase contract without losing the deposit money?
Yes, possible. Speak with Diane.

I think they will put the home on the market and if/when sold will return your deposit. Prices have increased, so they will make more money by selling it to someone else and returning your deposit. If your model is Elderberry/Azalea (two most popular models I suppose) it should be pretty quick. Moreover, if it faces East/North, it will be quicker. :-)

Last edited by rparmar70; 03-05-2014 at 01:01 PM..

Old 03-17-2014, 11:15 AM

7 posts, read 46,160 times
any reason why people are backing out? i heard of atleast 2 such cases.

Old 03-19-2014, 12:00 PM

Question regarding options (preferably Azalea).

What kind of stand-in shower door one gets by default? Sliding glass door or rotating one on hinges?

Also, the recessed lights seem to be very pricey: $225 per light. Wondering what most buyers are doing.

Old 03-25-2014, 11:26 AM

21 posts, read 52,972 times
I have an Elderberry and believe that the sliding glass door comes in by default. Dont think we were given any other options in that regard. In fact, even the base/floor of the shower was defaulted to white--we could not really go for tile or a different color. Guess, that is all standardized.

For recessed lighting--i went just for the family room. Reason being, there is a chance the work, when done later, might leave visible marks or discoloration (if the right paint is not used)--better get a clean job for the family room. I can risk it going wrong for the rooms above.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:16 PM

Thanks for your response! I thought stand-in shower size was pretty much standard, regardless of the model. I have been given three options to upgrade:

7230 Upgrade Master Bath to 1/4" Frameless Bypass Unit 384.00
77231 Upgrade Master Bath to 3/8" Heavy Glass Hinged Door Unit 2,136.00
77232 Add Enduro Shield Glass Protector to Master Bath 260.00

Yes, no option to upgrade the shower base.

Recessed lights are hard to install on the first floor later, easier above due to attic. So you did the right thing.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:02 AM

21 posts, read 52,972 times
Now that you mention the upgrades--you are right. Hinged door rings a bell . We chose not to choose any options,i imagine .
When is your tentative move-in?May-June is what i am expecting.
Shoot me a mail at aswaps@yahoo.com . We can exchange more info and educate ourselves as we move along.
Good luck!

Old 03-27-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswaps View Post
Now that you mention the upgrades--you are right. Hinged door rings a bell . We chose not to choose any options,i imagine .
When is your tentative move-in?May-June is what i am expecting.
Shoot me a mail at aswaps@yahoo.com . We can exchange more info and educate ourselves as we move along.
Good luck!
Whenever I ask them about the closing date they say between Aug '14 and Feb '15 (as mentioned in my contract). Mine is in Phase 2 and the foundation got completed only last weekend. I was asked to pay the 2nd deposit (5%), which I have. Any idea how much time will it take from now on? When was your home's foundation completed?

Will email you also.

Old 04-14-2014, 04:39 PM

10 posts, read 15,141 times
hello! new to this thread. we are considering to buy a home in sharbell's hillside community. we have been given an option to choose from 3 models: azalea, elderberry and ivy. we like ivy the best (based on the brochure pictures) but noticed in the sales office that azalea and elderberrys are the most popular models. also drove around and found that very few ivys are there.

to all the buyers/potenial buyers: please share your thoughts on pros and cons of each. thanks in advance! need to decide fast.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:18 PM

8 posts, read 43,751 times
Elderberry is most popular..end of the day it is your personal choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey