Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 08:16 AM

908 posts, read 1,557,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I've passed Soul Kitchen, but I've never been in there.

Red Bank also has a much older soup kitchen/food pantry/other services organization called Lunch Break. It was started by a small Episcopal Church in Red Bank 28 years ago. Doesn't have anyone famous behind it, but it feeds people every day, provides clothing, helps people find jobs, etc.

Bon Jovi's also been doing a lot to help people whacked by Sandy. This is his neck of the woods.
The Lunch Break sounds like a wonderful opportunity for my kids to volunteer if we move there(I think Red Bank will be our place, but not sure yet). Are there any age requirements to volunteering? My oldest just turned 13.

As for Bon Jovi, I thought it was nice that someone famous actually is giving back. Its wonderful he's helping Sandy victims, too. That shows real love for one's community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryanne10 View Post
It's great that you are helping out as a volunteer to help your neighbors who have been affected by Sandy. Good job by you, my friend. I hope that you will also consider volunteering to help eliminate the issue of hunger in America when your time/wallet allows. Volunteers are always needed at the above organizations. And if we stopped giving ridiculous tax breaks to big businesses like Monsanto who are poisoning you with carcinogenic foods, we could decrease your taxes, too. And don't forget that BonJovi is a "job creator". lol!
Thank you! Monsanto & other big corporations love that corporate welfare, but let the hungry children get some help and people go crazy! The food they produce under the guise of "helping stop hunger", is actually making people sick. Many countries have banned these practices, but the good ol' U.S of A, allows it. Anything to help corporations. After all, they're people too.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:07 AM

69 posts, read 204,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfulchic83 View Post
Thank you! Monsanto & other big corporations love that corporate welfare, but let the hungry children get some help and people go crazy! The food they produce under the guise of "helping stop hunger", is actually making people sick. Many countries have banned these practices, but the good ol' U.S of A, allows it. Anything to help corporations. After all, they're people too.
Glad to see some likeminded individuals on here. I agree entirely. All I can say is the government is not trying to help the American people like they try to make us think...

Old 02-18-2013, 12:09 PM

901 posts, read 2,250,987 times
If you lived on five acres and could hire some cheap labor to work the farm, you could save many thousands in taxes each year too.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:10 PM

88,673 posts, read 84,974,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfulchic83 View Post
The Lunch Break sounds like a wonderful opportunity for my kids to volunteer if we move there(I think Red Bank will be our place, but not sure yet). Are there any age requirements to volunteering? My oldest just turned 13.

As for Bon Jovi, I thought it was nice that someone famous actually is giving back. Its wonderful he's helping Sandy victims, too. That shows real love for one's community.

Lunch Break

Old 02-18-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Thanks!

Old 02-18-2013, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer-Girl View Post
Glad to see some likeminded individuals on here. I agree entirely. All I can say is the government is not trying to help the American people like they try to make us think...
The feeling is mutual. Makes me have some hope in humanity.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:10 PM

88,673 posts, read 84,974,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer-Girl View Post
I've never actually met a person who believed that the government is trying to help the American people. I think that the main concern of politicians is to keep their jobs/get re-elected.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:48 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,749,013 times
there are people who think they are smarter than everyone else that believe GMO food is poison. so now its evil and companies involved are evil. they believe the FDA makes claims that there is no negative effects of GMO food as evidence they are in the back pocket of evil corporations. i think the evil corporations are going to make evil profits if the food is GMO or not.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
I've never actually met a person who believed that the government is trying to help the American people. I think that the main concern of politicians is to keep their jobs/get re-elected.
That's because you live in NJ where people think. In Pa, I have met PLENTY who love the government and believe all the BS the government feeds them, well, at least they did until the white house got some color. Trust me, I learned the hard way, between the two coasts our country is not so evolved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: