Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2013, 03:55 PM

27 posts, read 52,968 times

Advertisements

We are looking at some larger homes in these communities and I am curious about the difference between them. It seems that Boonton HS doesn't rate as high as the others, but what is the difference between Boonton and Boonton Twp (except for geography)? Do you think the Montville and Kinnelon homes are worth the premium in price, especially for a house on at least 1/2 acre or more? Just curious what a native NJ person would think.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 05:52 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,936,557 times
Boonton and Boonton TWP are totally different towns - different schools, town halls etc.

Out of the four you mentioned I would pay a premium for Boonton Twp and Kinnelon but the other two, not so much.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:13 AM

1 posts, read 2,965 times
I am looking at houses in Boonton and Boonton Twp as well. I really like a few homes in Town but I am concerned about the school issue. I know that Twp schools rate higher but are the schools in Town much worse. I only plan to stay for about 5 years but I am concerned about resale if the schools are not up to par. Any thoughts?

Old 02-20-2013, 11:31 AM

206 posts, read 532,659 times
Yep schools are much worse according to all the rating systems. No doubt that will impact resale, but if you get a good enough deal now it might be worthwhile anyway. I've had friends live in the town and its a pretty pleasant place in most neighborhoods, with a decent downtown. Why buy any home for only 5 years though? The realtor/closing costs with all transactions will probably make renting a better financial bet for a short-term window like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey