Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2013, 09:02 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
You choose to buy that he risked his life over a lousy car instead?
I would be more apt to believe he was protecting his wife. Either that, or these were just scum bags who killed him for no reason at all.
That's what I go with as she was already in the car..poor guy had a few split seconds to act..

Old 12-17-2013, 09:20 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
Seriously guys, building a wall around Newark WONT WORK. What will work is cops going a bit extrajudicial and iron fist on these thugs and not giving them a second chance. Cops should kill such sh**faces the moment they see them. I know it sounds cruel, but when the judicial system is compassionate to persistent criminals, then wiping them out beforehand is a much better idea.

Trust me, there are several innocent residents in Newark who are vying to lead life as normal, but haven't had the opportunity to move out due to several factors (and don't brand all of them as lazy, I know a number of hard working people in this group whose only problem was bad luck, which cant be controlled or predicted). These residents are just as pi**ed off as others in NJ about thugs and gangs and would like to see nothing better than their extermination.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:27 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,406,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
That's what I go with as she was already in the car..poor guy had a few split seconds to act..
i realize it's much easier to say this as the person who wasn't in that situation. but i told my wife...if something like this ever happens to us, get out of the car...cause we're giving the car up. if that makes me a coward instead of a hero...fine. i'd rather be an alive coward to take care of my 3 kids and be with my wife then a dead hero.

i'm sticking with the odds. i know captain doesn't like that....but in a carjacking, they want the car...not a murder charge. see how they dumped the car? it's useless to them now. as i said to a friend...maybe he wasn't familiar with the idea that his particular car is quite a popular target for Newark car thieves. maybe he wasn't familiar with the idea that scumbags come up into millburn, montclair, west orange, south orange, to steal nice cars. that's all entirely possible. it's noble that he wanted to defend his wife. that's great. i don't want it lost that ther scumbags are the criminals...not the victim. i also just don't like the idea of the fairytale "i'm gonna defend myself" against a guy with a gun. it's not gonna work...you will lose. like this guy did. he lost. we can romanticize it and say he defended his wife...and surely that will make her feel better about it. but...nothing happened to his wife, and he didn't save her. that's the real fact. it's not as nice of a story, but if you just break down the facts, that's what happened.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:54 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
i realize it's much easier to say this as the person who wasn't in that situation. but i told my wife...if something like this ever happens to us, get out of the car...cause we're giving the car up. if that makes me a coward instead of a hero...fine. i'd rather be an alive coward to take care of my 3 kids and be with my wife then a dead hero.

i'm sticking with the odds. i know captain doesn't like that....but in a carjacking, they want the car...not a murder charge. see how they dumped the car? it's useless to them now. as i said to a friend...maybe he wasn't familiar with the idea that his particular car is quite a popular target for Newark car thieves. maybe he wasn't familiar with the idea that scumbags come up into millburn, montclair, west orange, south orange, to steal nice cars. that's all entirely possible. it's noble that he wanted to defend his wife. that's great. i don't want it lost that ther scumbags are the criminals...not the victim. i also just don't like the idea of the fairytale "i'm gonna defend myself" against a guy with a gun. it's not gonna work...you will lose. like this guy did. he lost. we can romanticize it and say he defended his wife...and surely that will make her feel better about it. but...nothing happened to his wife, and he didn't save her. that's the real fact. it's not as nice of a story, but if you just break down the facts, that's what happened.
IDK brady I wasn't in this man's shoes thankfully. I am sure it all went down within minutes, the wife may not of even realized at first what was happening

Old 12-17-2013, 10:04 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
To end with a final note, I would like to present a piece of advice I learned from my 7th grade teacher in India during his spiritual learning lecture. We used to have these lectures every month in the auditorium at my school back in India. In one of the lectures, the teacher made this statement which closely relates to the situation mentioned here:

"The true "poor" are those who are greedy for money, and will do anything to obtain it. The true "middle class" are who have equal value for self respect and money. The true "rich" are those who value self respect the most, which itself is their greatest source of wealth"

I loved those lectures a lot, and it has truly been proven effective in making sure children build good character going out of school. Sorry if the English translation from my native language is a little jittery, but I hope all of you get the basic Idea.

The criminals here are greedy folks who would do anything for the sake of money .

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 12-17-2013 at 10:13 AM..

Old 12-17-2013, 10:05 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,981,886 times
Before we blame the guy or turn him into a hero, can we wait until we have a few more facts? In the meantime, it's just a horrible crime.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:09 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,077,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
is it really worth worrying about some idiot who thinks putting a fence up around a major city is a good idea? i'd say...ignore them.
But no one mentioned microchipping violent Newark felons. Hmmm...I bet even Obama would be on board with that.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
Before we blame the guy or turn him into a hero, can we wait until we have a few more facts? In the meantime, it's just a horrible crime.
good point. daily news already wrote the hero article. i'm not so much speaking about the individual case here, as I am just generally...give up your keys and sleep that night, call insurance company, and rent a car.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
But no one mentioned microchipping violent Newark felons. Hmmm...I bet even Obama would be on board with that.
we all have microchips in us already....duh!

Old 12-17-2013, 11:04 AM

395 posts, read 603,968 times
Honestly, I was being nice about the wall. Newark is a eyesore and could use a good old scud missile to strike and clean up the place a bit. If your innocent and live there, I'm not sure why in the hell you would want to live in that dump. Yeah I said it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
So,you didn't address the question.

What about the innocent people that live there?
Would you box them in with a high fence too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey