Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 07:06 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,811,002 times

Advertisements

You stated: Thankfully I have the means to move. Not sure what you're saying. You have been given good advice, take it.

Is this the same house you moved into back in 2012? You stated you moved into a house in April, then you stated it was March. If it's the same place, your lease is almost up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2014, 07:50 PM

13 posts, read 10,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
If you were so concerned then just break your lease and move rather then wasting time on forums trying to get some " financial money " .

I mean that's what I would do if I was that concerned.
How rude!!

As stated I have the means I was just injuring as to who I could contact and whether there are any organizations for this type of thing...

Until you are scared ****less at the sight of a bullet hole through your child's window don't tell me what I'm so concerned about. You have no place!

Blessings....

Old 01-16-2014, 07:58 PM

[quote=RUNYYfan;33052757]You are approaching this as if someone is owing you something. Reality is, no one owes you anything in life. The situations you face are yours to deal with.

Yes, a sudden move is going to be expensive. But that is your decision. It is not as if the town council has condemned your property and is forcing you out or your landlord is trying to force you out. This decision you are making on your own.

Without question the shock of any violent action that is within your home, especially one that comes close to your sleeping son is unnerving. But to expect society to pay for this voluntary action on your part is unreasonable. You need to make the decision, as noted above, if this is a one-time occurrence or is your neighborhood changing. If the former, settle down to the realization that this random occurrence has already taken place. If the latter, sit down with your significant other and determine how you want to approach this situation, taking into account how breaking the lease can harm you long-term.

When is the lease up? Are you and the landlord on good speaking terms? If yes, are you able to discuss this situation with her? If you are not, why not? Was it an action or actions, or failure to act on her part?

Where are you moving to? Making the snap decision to run away, as you are now, is usually even more unhealthy than remaining where you are and making rational decisions. What do you know about the schools in the new area for your son? What about the commutes for you and your significant other? Will either significantly impact your household budget?

Before you go jumping because of emotion, stop. Think about what you are doing and how it is going to affect you, your son, your significant other, and your family. Ultimately, as your username states. You are "completelyhis." So put this matter into God's hands and ask for his help to be calm and rational in your thinking.[/

As much as I put into this society I live in I absolutely expect some sort of resolve however thankful that all is well. No one can imagine the fear I endured that night and had it been anyone of you with children you may feel as I do so don't judge me.

I didn't come here to be judged..

My decisions are based on pure emotion because it happened in my child's bedroom which he no longer sleeps nor plays in as I am scared. But I didn't come on here to explain that either.

I simply wanted to know of there are any resources that anyone could offer whether it be financial or not.

And FYI I am blissfully married so I am just that: completelyhis

Blessings to you. Thanks!

Old 01-16-2014, 08:44 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,629,764 times
Default I didn't come here to be judged

Well you asked a question on a anonymous forum. Many times the answers aren't the ones you're looking for. The one responsible for the actions(gunshot) is the criminal, not the county or state unless one of their employees fired the round. I would say most of the responders think it's a terrible thing that happened to your family. You didn't answer the question as to what town or city. Maybe it was a hunter, maybe it was a gang member, maybe the police. Did the police respond and take photos of the gunshot, dig the bullet out of the wall or what?

Last edited by JERSEY MAN; 01-16-2014 at 08:54 PM..

Old 01-16-2014, 08:45 PM

4,287 posts, read 10,771,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by completelyhis View Post
As much as I put into this society I live in I absolutely expect some sort of resolve however thankful that all is well. No one can imagine the fear I endured that night and had it been anyone of you with children you may feel as I do so don't judge me.

I didn't come here to be judged..

My decisions are based on pure emotion because it happened in my child's bedroom which he no longer sleeps nor plays in as I am scared. But I didn't come on here to explain that either.

I simply wanted to know of there are any resources that anyone could offer whether it be financial or not.

And FYI I am blissfully married so I am just that: completelyhis

Blessings to you. Thanks!
It might be insensitive, but get over it. Nothing actually happened to your kid. No one is intentionally trying to hurt him or your family. Chances are very slim of it it to happening again. No need to completely freak out over this. I am sure your kid is taking his cues from you over this situation. Switch bedrooms with him if you haven't already and move on.

If you feel like you absolutely must move immediately, be prepared to spend the few thousand dollars to do it. Landlord might be willing to let you slide, regardless of what he says. If its not worth spending the money, you will have to suck it up and be prepared to pay out the rest of the lease.

Its certainly not the taxpayers responsibility to compensate you for anything.

Last edited by GiantRutgersfan; 01-16-2014 at 09:06 PM..

Old 01-16-2014, 09:15 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,153,827 times
If people got money to move and break a lease for living in dangerous neighborhoods wouldn't everyone who lived in dangerous neighborhoods take the money and move?

I'm not understanding this at all.

Last edited by manderly6; 01-16-2014 at 09:36 PM..

Old 01-16-2014, 09:30 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,629,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
If people got money to move and break a lease for living in dangerous neighborhoods wouldn't everone would lived in dangerous neighborhoods take the money and move?

I would have been a millionaire, I lived in Jersey City for over 30 years when it wasn't going upscale on the waterfront. Gunshots were as common as sirens from emergency vehicles.

Old 01-17-2014, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Well you asked a question on a anonymous forum. Many times the answers aren't the ones you're looking for. The one responsible for the actions(gunshot) is the criminal, not the county or state unless one of their employees fired the round. I would say most of the responders think it's a terrible thing that happened to your family. You didn't answer the question as to what town or city. Maybe it was a hunter, maybe it was a gang member, maybe the police. Did the police respond and take photos of the gunshot, dig the bullet out of the wall or what?
I was only looking for resources! Not judgement.

The police did respond. The bullet came through the wall and sold down the sheet rock.

Yes photos have been taken.

Old 01-17-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
It might be insensitive, but get over it. Nothing actually happened to your kid. No one is intentionally trying to hurt him or your family. Chances are very slim of it it to happening again. No need to completely freak out over this. I am sure your kid is taking his cues from you over this situation. Switch bedrooms with him if you haven't already and move on.

If you feel like you absolutely must move immediately, be prepared to spend the few thousand dollars to do it. Landlord might be willing to let you slide, regardless of what he says. If its not worth spending the money, you will have to suck it up and be prepared to pay out the rest of the lease.

Its certainly not the taxpayers responsibility to compensate you for anything.
As preciously stated had this happened to you, you may have a different reaction. And I'm not going back and forth with you about my children, their reaction and my duties as a parent..

For your information I am a taxpayer. I and my husband work full time which is why we have the means. And as there are resources available for those in lower incomes I posted an inquiry. Closed mouths don't get fed. No harm done in asking.

We are moving IMMEDIATELY! And we will spend whatever is necessary for peace of mind.

Thanks to all for your "concern"

Blessings..

Old 01-17-2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
If people got money to move and break a lease for living in dangerous neighborhoods wouldn't everyone who lived in dangerous neighborhoods take the money and move?

It's not about money. I already stayed we have the means. I was seeking resources... Organizations that deal with this, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey