Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 03:54 PM

1,097 posts, read 2,047,180 times

Advertisements

Well -- my relatives are all still going strong - north-central NJ; though my grandmother did collect rain water to rinse her hair 'cause it was softer. Most have city - one a well in a large suburban area which tastes better than city -- gets tested every so often.

Bottled water? That plastic'll kill us all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 04:14 PM

478 posts, read 1,230,539 times
Every town has a water report. Depends where you live. We have great water in Essex county. I miss it when we go somewhere else.

Old 09-01-2014, 05:08 PM

19,137 posts, read 25,345,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontclairNative View Post
Every town has a water report.
That is true, but the information in that report is only as good as the veracity of the reporting from the local water utility's employees.
New Brunswick's reports were "A-Okay" for several years while one of their employees saw fit to overlook/conceal bacterial contamination of the water supply.

It should be interesting to see how millerm277 will choose to misrepresent my factual statement this time.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:58 AM

14 posts, read 46,175 times
Most municipal water in NJ should be fine, but get a report from the town to be safe. If your water comes from a well, just get the well water tested, most wells are fine too.

Its NJ, not a 3rd world county, .

Old 09-02-2014, 10:09 AM

23,566 posts, read 17,241,593 times
Then again if you were a fish who lived in the water
NJDEP New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection

Old 10-21-2017, 02:53 AM

242 posts, read 759,681 times
I’ve drank tap water from all over NJ and nothing has happened to me. You have to remember that NJ isn’t a third-world country! All drinking water across the US has strict standards that must be met. Although long term exposure to certain contaminants can be detrimental to one’s health, I don’t think there is any part of NJ where the water will make you “sick” (i.e. vomiting, diarrhea). If you’re concerned with safety, check out a water quality report. NJ has a lot of water providers, some of them being Suez and NJ American Water - all of them have detailed quality reports! You can also get your water tested.

Aesthetically speaking, I will say that certain parts of NJ have water that doesn’t taste very good (I attribute this mostly to hard water and this “earthy” taste / odor.) I’ve found that Northern NJ water tastes the worst, Central and South are usually fine. Atlantic City is delicious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey