Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 01:52 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,689,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Ocean Grove is not part of Neptune

I was wrong , sorry .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2015, 05:25 AM

88,649 posts, read 84,943,363 times
Quote:
I was wrong , sorry .
I was surprised to learn that myself a few years ago, and I had vacationed in Ocean Grove once as a child. Neptune is a little confusing. There seems to be a Neptune and a Neptune City that are different but somehow connected. I'll have to look that up.

Old 02-12-2015, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I was surprised to learn that myself a few years ago, and I had vacationed in Ocean Grove once as a child. Neptune is a little confusing. There seems to be a Neptune and a Neptune City that are different but somehow connected. I'll have to look that up.

Same here I lived in Monmouth county and didn't know this ,if you have ever been to Ocean Grove you just can't seem to see how it is possible .

Old 02-12-2015, 09:55 PM

377 posts, read 475,392 times
Cranford
Summit
Spring Lake
Princeton
Maplewood

Old 02-13-2015, 08:10 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,739,474 times
Quote:
Same here I lived in Monmouth county and didn't know this ,if you have ever been to Ocean Grove you just can't seem to see how it is possible .
I just noticed how close ocean grove is to Baja fresh in ocean. I love Baja fresh and try to visit it regularly. there is always a $5 off coupon available. maybe next time we go there we can take a leisurely drive through ocean grove so I can see what the old lady was making such a big stink about.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:25 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,404,163 times
Quote:
I am sure this is no longer true but back in the mid 50's when Asbury Park was still breathing there was a sign at the end of the boardwalk just before entering Ocean Grove and it said something close to this.

no dogs or Jews allowed

Old 02-13-2015, 08:50 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,739,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I am sure this is no longer true but back in the mid 50's when Asbury Park was still breathing there was a sign at the end of the boardwalk just before entering Ocean Grove and it said something close to this.

no dogs or Jews allowed
I cant believe they wouldn't allow dogs.

Old 02-15-2015, 12:27 AM

32,958 posts, read 36,425,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post

no dogs or Jews allowed
That sounds like an invitation to me.

Old 02-15-2015, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
I just noticed how close ocean grove is to Baja fresh in ocean. I love Baja fresh and try to visit it regularly. there is always a $5 off coupon available. maybe next time we go there we can take a leisurely drive through ocean grove so I can see what the old lady was making such a big stink about.

A good deal of Woody Allen's Stardust Memories was filmed in Ocean Grove and Spring Lake .

Old 07-01-2015, 07:21 PM

5 posts, read 8,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
My list (in no particular order) is:
Princeton
Westfield
Cranford
Frenchtown
Lambertville

Yes, Elizabeth does have a long and interesting history.
As but one example, The College of New Jersey was located there, before they moved to Princeton and changed their name to...Princeton College.

Of course, that was a couple of centuries before Trenton State College co-opted the name for themselves.

IIRC, one of the students at The College of New Jersey--when it was located in Elizabeth--was Aaron Burr, who went on to a somewhat...infamous...career.

And, after the college moved to Princeton, its sole building at the time--Nassau Hall--served for a brief period as the meeting place of The Continental Congress, thus making it the capital of the rebellious colonies during that time.

My first job after graduating from Trenton State College was in the Graduate Student Affairs Office located at that time on the second floor of Nassau Hall at Princeton University. That building is so intriguing when one is aware of its history. I just love Mercer County in general, although I now live in northwest Louisiana. BTW, nobody asked TSC graduates to vote on the name change to TCNJ. I, for one, still don't like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey